First crypto purchase!!!

Mr. Blonde

Explorer
Joined
Jun 18, 2025
Messages
303
Reaction score
0
Location
USA
Forum members, I’ve just completed my first-ever crypto buy. Much appreciation to everyone who guided me through it.

I went with USDC on the SOL network and placed an order through APS (US warehouse). The order went in on February 4th, tracking and product photos arrived on the 5th, and it was delivered on the 11th. This was my initial experience with APS, and it went without a hitch. They provide COAs, but even more significant to me is that they appear to have the endorsement of individuals whose judgment I genuinely trust.

Thanks once more to all who helped steer me correctly. For anyone still hesitating, I absolutely suggest learning how to use crypto, and APS looks to be legitimate.
 
That's awesome! When I made my own first buy, I felt genuinely capable and really pleased with myself, so I'm happy that you had the chance to figure it out!
 
onbusiness85 said:

I haven't looked around here for that yet. Is there a guide on this site that explains how to buy using crypto?
A pinned guide sits at the top of a section named “Crypto Corner”. I haven’t read it yet, but the other threads taught me a lot too. You can see which approaches worked for people and which ones didn’t.
 
I've got to stop putting it off and just get the hang of it. Right now I'm sitting on more than a 1 year supply of the product I'm on, but there's a chance I'll expand into different things down the line, so sooner or later I'll have to figure out how this all works.
 
BH_LOVER said:

I've got to stop putting it off and just get the hang of it. Right now I'm sitting on more than a 1 year supply of the product I'm on, but there's a chance I'll expand into different things down the line, so sooner or later I'll have to figure out how this all works.
You're only at the beginning🙂
 
Mr. Blonde said:

Forum members, I’ve just completed my first-ever crypto buy. Much appreciation to everyone who guided me through it.

I went with USDC on the SOL network and placed an order through APS (US warehouse). The order went in on February 4th, tracking and product photos arrived on the 5th, and it was delivered on the 11th. This was my initial experience with APS, and it went without a hitch. They provide COAs, but even more significant to me is that they appear to have the endorsement of individuals whose judgment I genuinely trust.

Thanks once more to all who helped steer me correctly. For anyone still hesitating, I absolutely suggest learning how to use crypto, and APS looks to be legitimate.
Awesome! Crypto really expands your options. I'm still pretty fresh to it too, but I'm really enjoying the extra choices I have now that I know how to use it.
 
JoonyO said:

Mr. Blonde said:

Yep. Just hit the search (hour glass) and you ought to find what you're after.
That's a magnifying glass. 🤓

-Mr. Brunette

😉
Hahaha, that's exactly what I was getting at. I wrote that at some ridiculous hour.
 
byefatlicia said:

BH_LOVER said:

I've got to stop putting it off and just get the hang of it. Right now I'm sitting on more than a 1 year supply of the product I'm on, but there's a chance I'll expand into different things down the line, so sooner or later I'll have to figure out how this all works.
You're only at the beginning🙂
Exactly! I'm aware.
 
🎊 Congrats!!! That has to feel like quite the achievement! I'm trailing a couple steps behind you — for the very first time I've bought USDC plus a tiny bit of SOL (for gas) on an exchange, and now I'm waiting for the hold to lift so I can (hopefully) transfer it over to my Exodus wallet. After reading the guides, I'm extremely grateful to the more experienced folks for the help they offer us, because that first time is DAUNTING. So far I haven't buggered it all up. But there's still time. ; ) If I reach your spot — having successfully done 1 full transaction using crypto and received the product — I will absolutely be pouring myself a celebratory glass of wine.
 
Nice work! My own first buy gave me that same sense of achievement. Admittedly, my approach came with some pretty steep fees, though these days I've learned how to keep them low. Transactions are effortless for me at this point.

Next challenge: stopping my bank from flagging nearly every second debit card charge.
 
Congratulations! For the last few weeks I've been attempting to buy crypto, and it just wouldn't happen. The guides were somewhat useful, but I was on the verge of quitting. Today I gave it another shot, and at last it succeeded! Paypal and coinbase both failed me. The method that did the trick was simply purchasing through the exodus app using my debit card. Somehow, the verification finally cleared. Once the new year event wraps up, I'll be able to place an order.
 
Fantastic! Making my first crypto purchase had me really anxious, but this page helped out sooo much. I placed an order and my first gray shipment should arrive today!!
 
ThatOneLady said:

Fantastic! Making my first crypto purchase had me really anxious, but this page helped out sooo much. I placed an order and my first gray shipment should arrive today!!
So? 🤔 Spill the details.🤓
 
Figuring out the crypto payment process was more than my brain could handle, coming right after I'd finally located a supplier and decided on what to get!
 
Back
Top