Finnrisk testing: scammers rigging results for profit?

Peptydes

Explorer
Joined
Jan 22, 2026
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Location
So Cal
Trying to get some feedback about the people at Finnrisk testing who are scamming by altering test results to make money.

I realize that if it fails, there's no chance of a return or replacement from the Vendor. What I'm after is just some reassurance for a product that hasn't had 3p testing or even vendor testing via jano.

Would really appreciate hearing from anyone who has dealt with the scammers manipulating test results for profit at Finnrisk!
 
I don't know much about them, but I've come across negative feedback on the forum about how consistent and reliable their testing is (check the easter egg in your post).
 
Maybe I'm just slow on the uptake. It took me some time to catch on that you're calling Finn-Rick-Roll by a mocking nickname. That happens when you follow a COA link thinking it's the real thing.

I suppose you get exactly what you paid for.
 
joseblo said:

Maybe I'm just slow on the uptake. It took me some time to catch on that you're calling Finn-Rick-Roll by a mocking nickname. That happens when you follow a COA link thinking it's the real thing.

I suppose you get exactly what you paid for.
They are not! The board-elves were instructed by the Gonkulator to consistently swap the dba name for the warm-fuzzy name that appears in print. It is one of several similar magic auto-wands.
 
Peptydes said:

Trying to get some feedback about the people at Finnrisk testing who are scamming by altering test results to make money.

I realize that if it fails, there's no chance of a return or replacement from the Vendor. What I'm after is just some reassurance for a product that hasn't had 3p testing or even vendor testing via jano.

Would really appreciate hearing from anyone who has dealt with the scammers manipulating test results for profit at Finnrisk!
From what I understand, a number of their labs do offer ways to confirm results — things like QR codes or verification codes — so if that's the kind of thing you're after, it's possible. Signing up for an account on their site is another option; once you do, you can access additional details about any specific test you're interested in.
 
Peptydes said:

Trying to get some feedback about the people at Finnrisk testing who are scamming by altering test results to make money.

I realize that if it fails, there's no chance of a return or replacement from the Vendor. What I'm after is just some reassurance for a product that hasn't had 3p testing or even vendor testing via jano.

Would really appreciate hearing from anyone who has dealt with the scammers manipulating test results for profit at Finnrisk!
Sorry, but what you're hoping for isn't going to happen. You already seem to understand that Finnrick's approach can't be trusted: they rely on many labs of inconsistent quality, and vendors can game the system by cherry picking samples — something that properly structured group testing (or shipping a vial from your own kit to a reputable lab) avoids. In my view, their results are actually less reliable than a vendor's own testing, which is really saying something. So you'll need another route to verify your product's quality (or just yolo it) — there's nothing any of us can say that will turn that tech bro cash grab platform into something dependable.
 
Appreciate the responses, everyone! Happy to be part of this community and gain some vital knowledge so I don't squander time, cash, or well-being.
 
Peptydes said:

Trying to get some feedback about the people at Finnrisk testing who are scamming by altering test results to make money.

I realize that if it fails, there's no chance of a return or replacement from the Vendor. What I'm after is just some reassurance for a product that hasn't had 3p testing or even vendor testing via jano.

Would really appreciate hearing from anyone who has dealt with the scammers manipulating test results for profit at Finnrisk!
Go back over what you wrote and notice what happens the moment someone enters Fi.nn.ric.ks — that should make it clear.
 
Back
Top