randompersonrandom said:
Should I burn through the tirz without disrupting something that's already working, yet the tiredness and flat feeling are wearing on me? A common approach is adding a very small amount of Survodutide on top of tirz. Worth looking into. I mean 0.3 mg weekly during month 1, then 0.6 afterward, and not much beyond that. Why it appears to help, I can't explain scientifically, but my own experience says it does.
When I moved over to Reta I stacked them, after that I ran Reta by itself, and at this point I'm back to stacking. The reason I made the change: Tirz on its own left me with crushing fatigue, major problems where nothing tasted good (so I ended up putting unflavored protein into my coffee, since that way I was at least getting protein down), and serious constipation. Should you decide to stack, begin at a low dose. Typically the folks dealing with a raised heart rate went up too fast or kicked off at too high a number. My starting point was 1 mg Reta plus 8 of Tirz. The combo that worked best for me (most weight lost, fewest side effects) came out to 4 mg/4mg each week.
Calm Logic said:
OregonSunshine said:
There's roughly 3-4 months of compounded Tirz still in my supply, and the Reta I just ordered showed up last week. Whether to make the change now or finish off the Tirz first is something I keep going back and forth on. The scale is still moving, just not as quickly as it did in the beginning (my weight loss journey kicked off in March 2025 at 236, I began Tirz at 205 in September, and right now I'm sitting around 177). That works out to something like 4-5 lbs per month - not great, not terrible.
What's pushing me toward switching is the idea of liver benefits, a possible speed-up in how fast I'm losing, and maybe getting rid of the overall fatigue and dullness that Tirz has brought on.
If you made the switch, did your rate of weight loss pick up? How did the sides compare - about the same, or completely different?
Reta can leave me feeling every bit as awful. When you look at the trials, tirz and reta come out roughly equal on fatigue.
Where reta might be overhyped: just about everywhere except the liver. If fatty liver is your issue, reta could work faster and better for hepatic health. On paper it also has the edge for bringing LDL down.
Trials do report quicker weight loss on reta, though that requires titrating the dose upward. A few people put on weight for a while after making the switch.
As for protecting muscle, reta is clearly overhyped. Certain studies actually report a higher proportion of muscle loss on reta compared with tirz.
(If you have any cardiac problems, hold off on reta entirely until the FDA gives its approval.)
Reta is something anyone with basic common sense can take. I have AFib and it hasn't caused me any trouble. Begin low, leave a full month before each increase, and things should go smoothly. Resting HR can potentially climb on any GLP.
It's a shame Reta made you feel awful - getting my energy back was such a huge relief for me. For a lot of people it clearly doesn't curb appetite the way Tirz does, though luckily that hasn't been my experience. What I do deal with is slower weight loss on Reta.. then again, I've shifted toward eating more actual food rather than subsisting on protein shakes. Muscle loss is something I can't really speak to; my "smart" scale says I've added a bit of muscle, but I've also been moving more now that the fatigue has eased.
Overall, it's a solid choice. If I were in your position, here's my plan:
-If nothing is making your side effects worse, get the most weight loss you can out of your Tirz first- push up to the max dose while you're still losing, then make the switch.
-if fatty liver or quicker results are why you want to switch and waiting isn't appealing, stack them. Your Tirz shouldn't go to waste.
-if the side effects have become unbearable, stack- as the Reta gets titrated you'll still find some relief from them. I also lowered my Tirz while raising the Reta. Stacking might turn out to suit you- as you can see from what's been posted here, plenty of people do it.
No matter which way you go, just stay careful. And best of luck!