Finally broke out of the 230s

TeresaHip

Explorer
Joined
Mar 3, 2026
Messages
309
Reaction score
0
Location
Louisiana
After being stuck in the 230s for months, I've finally moved past that range! On top of that, I'm fitting into xl now, and I'm sooo close to wearing a size 14 in jeans.
 
Oh, that feeling is way too familiar. Mine went like this: 10lbs gone in a week, then a whole month parked at that same number, then another 10lbs out of nowhere, then several weeks of hovering again. Definitely frustrating. Still, congrats on your progress!
 
TeresaHip said:


I finally got out of the 230s. I was stuck there for months! I'm also now wearing xl and sooo close to a size 14 in jeans.

Click to expand...
Nice work! Getting through a plateau is always such a relief. What got you through it — did you begin counting calories, or was it something else?
 
TeresaHip said:


I finally got out of the 230s. I was stuck there for months! I'm also now wearing xl and sooo close to a size 14 in jeans.

Click to expand...





031870c1d0bc28579c0a17b2c22a70047c2322e9abb0362c9041e42a3c3b2e09.webp
 
Way to go!!!! Grab yourself some Judy Blues (check Vinted, they run around $8-10 there) — they are guaranteed to fit, hands down the greatest jeans out there. I came across them during my own GLP journey, and at this point they're the only pair I'll put on. Insanely comfortable and they look great. The Boyfriend Fit is my pick.
 
spanky2026 said:

Way to go!!!! Grab yourself some Judy Blues (check Vinted, they run around $8-10 there) — they are guaranteed to fit, hands down the greatest jeans out there. I came across them during my own GLP journey, and at this point they're the only pair I'll put on. Insanely comfortable and they look great. The Boyfriend Fit is my pick.
There are a good number of Judy Blues in my closet in larger sizes. Clearly, they're far too big for me now. Until I've dropped all the weight I still need to, I'd rather not buy too many nicer pieces of clothing. That kind of spending just isn't in my budget.
 
TeresaHip said:

There are a good number of Judy Blues in my closet in larger sizes. Clearly, they're far too big for me now. Until I've dropped all the weight I still need to, I'd rather not buy too many nicer pieces of clothing. That kind of spending just isn't in my budget.
Yeah, that's the reason I'm sticking to Vinted for those at the moment. Honestly, even once I hit goal weight I'll likely keep shopping on Vinted — buying them brand new is waaaay beyond what I can spend.
 
Estarossa19 said:

Nice work! Getting through a plateau is always such a relief. What got you through it — did you begin counting calories, or was it something else?
If 2 weeks pass without the scale moving up, I simply increase my dose....
 
TeresaHip said:


I finally got out of the 230s. I was stuck there for months! I'm also now wearing xl and sooo close to a size 14 in jeans.

Click to expand...
That's amazing!!!! How are you feeling?? Congrats!!
 
Estarossa19 said:

Nice work! Getting through a plateau is always such a relief. What got you through it — did you begin counting calories, or was it something else?
Honestly, nothing changed on my end except that I now push myself to eat. It's possible my calorie intake was too low. A lot of days, a single bowl of cereal was all I had.
 
sheilarae74 said:

Nice work! 👏👏👏 Steady progress pays off in the end.
Thank you! Mine has been slow and steady for sure. This weightloss journey has been going on for 5 years now. Intermittent fasting is how I began. The weight came off, but sticking with it was really difficult. After that I started ozempic. A lot came off with it, but the program that gave it to you free if you're on Medicare was stopped. Now it's tirzepitide. When I began intermittent fasting, I was 385.
 
HereKittyKitty said:

That's amazing!!!! How are you feeling?? Congrats!!
That's good! Now the only thing left is to get my physical body in better shape. Almost 2 months after surgery, I still can't get this darn knee to do what it's supposed to.
 
Back
Top