Yeah, I get it. That's exactly why I prefaced it with "And I will admit to doing". This isn't me telling anyone to do it. When the pen quit and I'd only gotten half a dose, I just reacted.ltjltj said:
Once you depress the plunger, the cartridge is out in the open air and its sterility is gone. If you try to top it off by drawing the plunger back out, you're guaranteeing a cartridge that isn't sterile. I'd urge you not to do that at all.deluge said:
Peptide Critic actually recommends this method for verifying pen accuracy, and that's how I found out my Amazon pen was a piece-o-junk.randompersonrandom said:
Beyond that, it strikes me as a decent method for verifying whether your pens are delivering accurate units. You'd simply insert the syringe needle into the cart, dial, push, and then inspect. That beats the hassle of attaching a needle to the tip and forcing it into a syringe.Peotidethrowaway said:
That's possible, though it kind of defeats the point. Typically you're able to pull the remaining bit out of the cart as well. Once the plunger quits moving, there's still some left over.WLBLD said:
Thanks, that's a really clever approach. But is it able to push back afterward? I'm a fan of my tiny pen needles ha haPeotidethrowaway said:
I put an insulin needle into the pen cartridge and inject whatever remains of the pen dose into the needle so I can measure it
I'll also confess that I went against the grain compared to what y'all do here. Rather than extracting the final small amount from the pen cartridge, I had a spare reconstituted vial of GHK-Cu ready, and I used a 3ml syringe to refill the cartridge directly in the pen...
The danger is real to me. Still, it's probably smaller than the staph I was likely injecting into myself with those peptides before I started filtering last month. I've made my peace with it.