Filter flush volumes: how do you decide?

Scraps

Explorer
Joined
Apr 3, 2026
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
Location
Central Scotland
Hi Everyone,

When it comes to flushing a filter, what method do you each rely on to work out the volumes?

One idea I had: reconstitute the vial using 2 or 2.5ml, run that through the filter, then push an extra 1 or 0.5ml through to rinse the filter, bringing it to the concentration I want. The hold back volumes I've come across are far lower than that, though. Does doing it this way carry any downside?

Thanks everyone.
 
Scraps said:

Hi Everyone,

When it comes to flushing a filter, what method do you each rely on to work out the volumes?

One idea I had: reconstitute the vial using 2 or 2.5ml, run that through the filter, then push an extra 1 or 0.5ml through to rinse the filter, bringing it to the concentration I want. The hold back volumes I've come across are far lower than that, though. Does doing it this way carry any downside?

Thanks everyone.
I'm fairly confident the Biologix 13mm units I have retain .1ml per 10units. Testing a single one is straightforward. The video below demonstrates the method for measuring volume.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EHHXTdlYCw
 
Back
Top