Fees across platforms: which one comes out ahead?

Whiynot20026

Explorer
Joined
May 8, 2026
Messages
264
Reaction score
0
Location
Colorado
So I'm about to put together a group buy. It's a pretty big one. Let's just say we're klowing with excitement. The last time I sent a fairly large TRC20 amount, the transfer fees came to roughly 7%. Does anyone know of a wallet with low fees? Or do they all charge the same?

Bill
 
Fees that are almost nonexistent, particularly when you transact outside peak hours.

Check out the guide here: /community-link/thread/7099/
 
indolent said:

Fees that are almost nonexistent, particularly when you transact outside peak hours.

Check out the guide here: /community-link/thread/7099/
Indeed, the guide that @peptideusername shared is definitely worth reading!
 
Whiynot20026 said:

So I'm about to put together a group buy. It's a pretty big one. Let's just say we're klowing with excitement. The last time I sent a fairly large TRC20 amount, the transfer fees came to roughly 7%. Does anyone know of a wallet with low fees? Or do they all charge the same?

Bill
Is TRC-20 the sole payment method your vendor takes? I haven't wanted to bring in another crypto just for gas, so Tron's fees are unknown to me.

On ERC-20 and Sol, what I pay to transfer has stayed tiny. The main cost comes from buying the crypto itself — the fee plus the spread — and that tends to be 2% or lower.
 
Whiynot20026 said:

So I'm about to put together a group buy. It's a pretty big one. Let's just say we're klowing with excitement. The last time I sent a fairly large TRC20 amount, the transfer fees came to roughly 7%. Does anyone know of a wallet with low fees? Or do they all charge the same?

Bill
The wallet I use doesn't take any platform fees at all. It's a personal wallet — you ought to grab one and run it on your PC.

A crypto platform should serve one purpose only: buying your crypto, then sending it over to your personal wallet.

When I bought USDT on kraken, the withdraw fee came to 0.10$. If the transaction goes through the solana or etherium network, the gas cost is really tiny.


https://support.kraken.com/articles/360000767986-cryptocurrency-withdrawal-fees-and-minimums


So here's the plan op…

0. Get a wallet for whichever crypto you picked, install it on your PC

1. head to a platform that won't gouge you on fees — steer clear of non crypto platforms such as PayPal Cash App etc — and buy a chunk of crypto

2. Send it across to your personal wallet

3. Do every transaction out of your personal wallet
 
Back
Top