Feeling Misled About Reta

Red40

Explorer
Joined
Jan 22, 2026
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Location
Los Angeles
Spent roughly a month on glp1, dropped 10 pounds, and felt fantastic. After seeing so many folks rave about reta, I figured maybe I'd rave about it too. Got some from eternal peptides and injected my first dose today, but there's zero appetite suppression or anything like that. Does it just start this way with Reta, or did I end up with a bad batch? Let me know.
 
Once I began Reta, it felt as if someone threw a switch. I used to check the fridge roughly 20 times every night, just to confirm its contents were fine. These days, I only go a few times a night, and only for water. My son in law began 3 weeks ago at 2mg per week, and he reported the exact same shift. At his job, there's a guy who grazes on snacks all day, and my son in law used to join in. After starting Reta, snacks don't even interest him anymore. What you're going through is the total reverse of what he and I have seen.
 
Responses vary from person to person. A few people notice appetite control right away at .5mg, while others notice nothing at all until they reach 6mg or beyond. My own protocol began with 1mg taken twice weekly, and effects were minimal until I reached 5mg twice weekly (the ramp-up took 2 months). Right now I'm on 6mg, and it's doing the job adequately. It isn't as potent as Tirz, but it's reasonable.
 
Red40 said:

Spent roughly a month on glp1, dropped 10 pounds, and felt fantastic. After seeing so many folks rave about reta, I figured maybe I'd rave about it too. Got some from eternal peptides and injected my first dose today, but there's zero appetite suppression or anything like that. Does it just start this way with Reta, or did I end up with a bad batch? Let me know.
Throughout my own journey, triz has been the only thing I've used. When I looked into reta, most accounts I came across said appetite suppression wasn't as strong as tirz at lower doses, and that suppression only kicked in after titrating up to 6mg. Nothing stops you from returning to the glp-1 you began with, the one that had you losing weight.

Wishing you well on your journey.
 
Ragu1 said:

Red40 said:

Spent roughly a month on glp1, dropped 10 pounds, and felt fantastic. After seeing so many folks rave about reta, I figured maybe I'd rave about it too. Got some from eternal peptides and injected my first dose today, but there's zero appetite suppression or anything like that. Does it just start this way with Reta, or did I end up with a bad batch? Let me know.
Throughout my own journey, triz has been the only thing I've used. When I looked into reta, most accounts I came across said appetite suppression wasn't as strong as tirz at lower doses, and that suppression only kicked in after titrating up to 6mg. Nothing stops you from returning to the glp-1 you began with, the one that had you losing weight.

Wishing you well on your journey.
I'm considering making the change to triz, since it sounds like folks get more appetite suppression from it. I regret not starting with that right away, but there's nothing to be done about it now. Thanks.
 
matt400 said:

Once I began Reta, it felt as if someone threw a switch. I used to check the fridge roughly 20 times every night, just to confirm its contents were fine. These days, I only go a few times a night, and only for water. My son in law began 3 weeks ago at 2mg per week, and he reported the exact same shift. At his job, there's a guy who grazes on snacks all day, and my son in law used to join in. After starting Reta, snacks don't even interest him anymore. What you're going through is the total reverse of what he and I have seen.
On that initial dose, was there any change you could pick up on? Or did a few doses go by before anything showed?
 
Began Reta at 2mg each week, and some pounds did come off. Things really kicked into gear once I reached 6mg. Noticeably less snacking, and I'd feel stuffed after just a few bites. These days I've landed on 8mg weekly, though that full feeling during meals has faded. Over the last 11 months I've dropped 105lbs. I put together a spreadsheet, and the biggest losses lined up with the 6mg dose.
 
To me, 2mg of reta doesn't equal 2mg of tirz plus glucagon. My sense is that 4mg of reta lands somewhere around 2.5mg of tirz. I went from 2.5 tirz over to 2mg reta, waited a month, then moved up to 4mg. Appetite suppression is weaker, yet fat loss is intense for me. That works better in my case, and I still get to eat.

This isn't aimed at any single person... If feeling starved is what convinces you that weight is coming off, reta may not suit you. On tirz I had no desire to eat, and I dropped weight along with muscle. With reta, it looks like I'm holding onto muscle.
 
I've been on it for 3 weeks now, dosing reta every 5 days. My starting dose was 2.5 and I've worked my way up to 4. The plan is to reach 6 and stay there, mainly because the math is simple with the 30mg kit I have coming. What reta has done isn't wipe out my appetite completely, it's more of a gentle suppression, which honestly feels right. Starving yourself isn't the goal, friend! The real win is getting your eating under control and building habits that stick, and that gets a lot easier once food and snacking aren't constantly on your mind. Beyond that, there are plenty of other metabolic perks to being on reta that you can look into.
 
Red40 said:

Spent roughly a month on glp1, dropped 10 pounds, and felt fantastic. After seeing so many folks rave about reta, I figured maybe I'd rave about it too. Got some from eternal peptides and injected my first dose today, but there's zero appetite suppression or anything like that. Does it just start this way with Reta, or did I end up with a bad batch? Let me know.
Is it just me, or did that happen to be the very first injection given today?

Seems a little soon to be evaluating the batch..
 
By GLP1 you're probably referring to Semaglutide — no need for euphemisms around here. Knowing which dose you had reached could shed some light on why you aren't seeing results right now.

For me, the first few semaglutide doses did almost nothing, yet once I pushed past 0.5mg weekly the nausea turned brutal. Tirzepatide gave me far less nausea, though suppressing my appetite required doses well beyond what I had anticipated.

Responses vary from person to person with these drugs, and even within one person they can differ in surprising ways across different GLP's. A single dose tells you almost nothing about how well it will eventually work. Starting at 1mg and stepping up every 4 weeks could mean waiting a few months for any effect — or it might arrive with your next injection.

The goal, presumably, is shedding excess weight and keeping it off long term; for most people who need these medications this is a lifelong matter. Even without official approval yet, all the research so far points to Reta being the most effective weight loss drug in history ( that does not kill you like DNP ), but it does not work overnight. The standard schedule takes several months to gradually reach the usual maximum of 12mg.

Low starting doses with slow increases exist to head off week-long miserable side effects, given how long the drug stays in your system. So as you titrate upward you'll typically get milder side effects instead of being flattened by a week of vomiting, or — as happened to someone on this forum — hiccoughs that would not stop for 2 or 3 weeks.
 
ghreid said:

Began Reta at 2mg each week, and some pounds did come off. Things really kicked into gear once I reached 6mg. Noticeably less snacking, and I'd feel stuffed after just a few bites. These days I've landed on 8mg weekly, though that full feeling during meals has faded. Over the last 11 months I've dropped 105lbs. I put together a spreadsheet, and the biggest losses lined up with the 6mg dose.
Reading your post, it feels like looking in a mirror. Once I hit 2mg, the hunger curbing kicked in hard, and it hasn't let up. During that initial 7 days, I dropped 5lbs, though we also drastically reduced our intake of beer and carbs. Right now, we've just done the 3rd injection at 4mg, and nothing has changed. The weight is coming off at 3lbs each week. I'm debating whether to move up to 6 or 8mg following the 4th shot at 4mg. I suppose the number on the scale will decide. My wife and I keep an Excel spreadsheet that we began when we started this.
 
Red40 said:

Spent roughly a month on glp1, dropped 10 pounds, and felt fantastic. After seeing so many folks rave about reta, I figured maybe I'd rave about it too. Got some from eternal peptides and injected my first dose today, but there's zero appetite suppression or anything like that. Does it just start this way with Reta, or did I end up with a bad batch? Let me know.
Check back with me in 3 weeks — by then the medication will be at peak levels in your blood. And I hope you ran a test on your batch too.
 
v2boi said:

Red40 said:

Spent roughly a month on glp1, dropped 10 pounds, and felt fantastic. After seeing so many folks rave about reta, I figured maybe I'd rave about it too. Got some from eternal peptides and injected my first dose today, but there's zero appetite suppression or anything like that. Does it just start this way with Reta, or did I end up with a bad batch? Let me know.
Is it just me, or did that happen to be the very first injection given today?

Seems a little soon to be evaluating the batch..
100%. It wasn’t Reta, but Tirzepatide didn’t really do much for me until 7.5mg.

For some reason, people seem quick to jump the gun on Reta.
 
Habibibi said:

Red40 said:

Spent roughly a month on glp1, dropped 10 pounds, and felt fantastic. After seeing so many folks rave about reta, I figured maybe I'd rave about it too. Got some from eternal peptides and injected my first dose today, but there's zero appetite suppression or anything like that. Does it just start this way with Reta, or did I end up with a bad batch? Let me know.
Check back with me in 3 weeks — by then the medication will be at peak levels in your blood. And I hope you ran a test on your batch too.
I didn't run any testing on it — just a single vial was all I had.
 
Red40 said:

Spent roughly a month on glp1, dropped 10 pounds, and felt fantastic. After seeing so many folks rave about reta, I figured maybe I'd rave about it too. Got some from eternal peptides and injected my first dose today, but there's zero appetite suppression or anything like that. Does it just start this way with Reta, or did I end up with a bad batch? Let me know.
What dose in milligrams are you on? Which spot do you use for injections—belly, thigh, or upper back/arm? In the trials, the first week starts at 2-4mg. On here, folks follow 'lowest effective dose' (LED) and begin at a smaller amount. If the supplier has recent janoshik purity results, then imho it's probably legit. My own start was 3mg in the side of the stomach, and the effects came on fairly fast.

After trying different injections, I'm at roughly 5mg by 2-3 weeks in. That said, I may switch to 2mg/week to try the LED approach, especially since I have plenty of water fasting background to draw on alongside a lower reta dose. It could work well for me. So far I've dropped around 3-5 kg. I don't have much left to lose—maybe 7kg more at most.

With the second or third shots, I got terrible gas and diarrhea (I was also dosing about 2mg every 3-4 days) when injecting into the stomach, so I moved to the thigh. The gas is gone now.
 
Red40 said:

matt400 said:

Once I began Reta, it felt as if someone threw a switch. I used to check the fridge roughly 20 times every night, just to confirm its contents were fine. These days, I only go a few times a night, and only for water. My son in law began 3 weeks ago at 2mg per week, and he reported the exact same shift. At his job, there's a guy who grazes on snacks all day, and my son in law used to join in. After starting Reta, snacks don't even interest him anymore. What you're going through is the total reverse of what he and I have seen.
On that initial dose, was there any change you could pick up on? Or did a few doses go by before anything showed?
During my first 2 months, Zepbound was what I used. When month 3 came around, I moved over to Reta at 5mg, and the appetite suppression matched what I had with Zepbound. I know my outcome isn't universal (since August I've dropped 90lbs), but personally it has been an absolute blessing.
 
I’m starting to think the appetite suppression I had with semaglutide just isn’t matching what I’m experiencing now. That said, I’m beginning to understand that this doesn’t automatically mean it isn’t doing anything, since my weight is still going down. So perhaps what I was really accustomed to was how semaglutide felt. I can’t say for sure.
 
Back
Top