Feeling Like a Normal Person on Reta

gsterkster

Explorer
Joined
Dec 7, 2025
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
New Jersey
Honestly guys, Reta has me feeling like a regular human being for once — my appetite is normal, food isn't on my mind 24/7, and I no longer feel like I'm constantly putting on weight because of pointless binges. This medication truly is saving my life.

Right now I'm at 4mg. I had bumped it up to 5mg, but even getting water down became a struggle and I wasn't eating enough, so I went back down to 4mg — for the moment that seems to be my sweet spot.
 
For those dealing with obesity, these medications offer something beyond weight reduction: at last, a typical connection to what we eat. It's been eye-opening to get through a whole day without food occupying my mind. (Though these days I do catch myself wondering, "Did I get enough to eat today?" Strange in a different way.) For the first time, I feel unshackled.
 
Same here. I was never actually obese, though I did frequently eat past the point I needed to, and that took a toll on my body. These days retatrutide keeps me in check, and while the foods I enjoy most no longer hold much appeal, I can still have anything I want when I choose to.
 
Yeah, that's just a sheer blessing that comes with Glp products. Day in and day out I can consume the same bland, flavorless junk, and it doesn't bother me one bit. These days, eating is purely functional for me — it's no longer a form of amusement or something I turn to for enjoyment. Back when I was doing keto, I still had strong urges for carbs, and sugary things in particular. That craving for sweets has disappeared, and I honestly couldn't be more thrilled about it. Everything feels so much more manageable once you're no longer in bondage to the food industry...
 
That's precisely my experience too! Obesity never happened to me since I kept myself in check... yet hunger was a constant for me. Every 3-4h hour I had to eat something. At every job I held, I felt odd because I constantly needed to take breaks just to eat. If you wake up a 6h am and eat every 3-4 hour its 5-6 meals a day. Meanwhile there are those who "forget" to eat all day and then complain about "not being able to gain weight" 🙄. That frustration built up over a long time, and now that i am on reta. It's like a super power.

My job is waiting tables at a restaurant. At 16h before my shift I have a meal, then after my shift ends at 21-22h I eat again. Pretty life changing not feeling miserable all the time.
 
gsterkster said:

Honestly guys, Reta has me feeling like a regular human being for once — my appetite is normal, food isn't on my mind 24/7, and I no longer feel like I'm constantly putting on weight because of pointless binges. This medication truly is saving my life.

Right now I'm at 4mg. I had bumped it up to 5mg, but even getting water down became a struggle and I wasn't eating enough, so I went back down to 4mg — for the moment that seems to be my sweet spot.

Absolutely, GLP-1 drugs like these are incredible! Those identical ideas cross my mind frequently, and I figure this must be how someone without food issues experiences eating. Starting on day 1, the way I relate to food shifted completely. Wishing you the best as you continue!
 
During these past few months on Reta, the same idea has crossed my mind. At last, my relationship with food feels normal. Last night I was out with friends, and the table shared a massive plate of Onion Rings plus mozzarella sticks. I ate 1 of each, then couldn't bear to look at what was left. Honestly, that felt great.
 
Oh wow. Huh, that just hit me right now. Yeah! So much for that..a 160+ IQ is worth nothing..even the most obvious thought can knock you flat. "Normal people"!! That angle never crossed my mind. maybe since I've generally seen myself as normal in most situations. But you bringing it up, I've got every single thing people here described. Hunger isn't there for me. What stands out more, though, is that I finally see the Uber-Gluttony I used to have WAS NOT NORMAL. Cheers, guys. Keep Retatruding, and if the Gods don't love you as much, keep Tirzepatizing.
 
This is honestly such a great feeling! No longer dealing with constant hunger is a relief, and on the occasions hunger does show up, a modest serving of something nutritious is enough to satisfy me. In the past, anytime I went out or had plans that fell anywhere close to a mealtime, food would take over my thoughts — I would stress about where I could get something to eat, or bring snacks along just in case. These days I simply remind myself that eating can happen afterward, and if a bit of hunger comes up in the meantime, that is perfectly okay. Wild.
 
ultima thule said:

Yeah, that's just a sheer blessing that comes with Glp products. Day in and day out I can consume the same bland, flavorless junk, and it doesn't bother me one bit. These days, eating is purely functional for me — it's no longer a form of amusement or something I turn to for enjoyment. Back when I was doing keto, I still had strong urges for carbs, and sugary things in particular. That craving for sweets has disappeared, and I honestly couldn't be more thrilled about it. Everything feels so much more manageable once you're no longer in bondage to the food industry...
Which dosage made the sweet cravings stop? I'm only in week 2 of 1mg and the urges are still there. They need much less to satisfy now, which is good, but they haven't gone away
 
Powerslide said:

ultima thule said:

Yeah, that's just a sheer blessing that comes with Glp products. Day in and day out I can consume the same bland, flavorless junk, and it doesn't bother me one bit. These days, eating is purely functional for me — it's no longer a form of amusement or something I turn to for enjoyment. Back when I was doing keto, I still had strong urges for carbs, and sugary things in particular. That craving for sweets has disappeared, and I honestly couldn't be more thrilled about it. Everything feels so much more manageable once you're no longer in bondage to the food industry...
Which dosage made the sweet cravings stop? I'm only in week 2 of 1mg and the urges are still there. They need much less to satisfy now, which is good, but they haven't gone away
To be honest, it happened right away once I took the first dose. That said, I had already spent a long stretch avoiding sweets before beginning Reta. These days I'm at the 3mg dose, and the one thing I indulge in is a small bag of popcorn (30mg) a few times each week.
 
So many of these comments ring true for me. Reta, in my case, changed how my mind works — I no longer believe every bite on the plate must be finished, and when fullness hits, I can simply get up and leave the table. The late-night binges are gone. Throughout my time on Reta I've never restricted what I eat, I just stop sooner. Where 4 tacos used to disappear, now it's 1. At a birthday party I'm fine passing on the cake. There's a bottle of Vodka sitting untouched for 6 months. My evening glass of wine to relax is still something I enjoy, and I'm at peace with that. I'm more comfortable in my own skin, even in social settings. A few days ago I put on a t-shirt that wasn't black — something I hadn't done in years — and I picked up a cute floral dress that would have been an absolute NO a year ago. So thank you, Reta, for giving me my life back!
 
gsterkster said:

Honestly guys, Reta has me feeling like a regular human being for once — my appetite is normal, food isn't on my mind 24/7, and I no longer feel like I'm constantly putting on weight because of pointless binges. This medication truly is saving my life.

Right now I'm at 4mg. I had bumped it up to 5mg, but even getting water down became a struggle and I wasn't eating enough, so I went back down to 4mg — for the moment that seems to be my sweet spot.
100% agreed.
 
Every one of these comments resonates with me! Like Smitter said, the gods must favor me less, since Reta didn't sit well with me. Even so, I'm extremely grateful for the Tirz. Being able to go out with friends and not be that person who fixates on the chips and dip meant for the table, then inhales the whole lot.......that's freedom
 
Interesting perspective. I hadn't really considered it from that angle before, but it does make sense. I've never been particularly overweight (I'm 6'1" and can carry a fair amount of weight), yet I always had enormous meals. I used to find it odd that when we ordered food, I'd polish off mine and then some, while everyone else had plenty left over. After about a month on reta, I've noticed I'm now eating meals of a "normal" size. Last night we had Chinese for dinner, and ordinarily the whole thing would have disappeared, but I've got enough leftovers for at least 2-3 more meals.
 
Back
Top