FDA Issues 7 Warning Letters to RUO Peptide Sellers

fatbegone

Explorer
Joined
Apr 18, 2025
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
Narnia
FDA has issued 7 warning letters linked to 20+ violative products with concerns about GLP-1 and other products sold to consumers marked for “research purposes” or “not for human consumption”. These products may pose serious health risks. Do not use or purchase unapproved GLP-1… pic.twitter.com/blIAjxPwaU

— U.S. FDA (@FDA) April 7, 2026

View: https://⚠scam Site⚠️/i/status/2041647995775774764
 
The GLP1-S, GLP1-T, and GLP1-R labels didn't fool them. Surprising, right? What's different here: the FDA considers selling BAC alongside those products as evidence they're meant for people. That's a fresh angle. And since Amazon has also stopped carrying BAC, it seems like a trend is forming.
 
Chili777 said:

The GLP1-S, GLP1-T, and GLP1-R labels didn't fool them. Surprising, right? What's different here: the FDA considers selling BAC alongside those products as evidence they're meant for people. That's a fresh angle. And since Amazon has also stopped carrying BAC, it seems like a trend is forming.
How do you expect clearweb retailers to adapt their approach going forward? Maybe setting up a product catalog on a third-party host for sites, or some kind of obfuscation?

Really hoping this doesn't result in additional shutdowns. 🙁
 
Chili777 said:

The GLP1-S, GLP1-T, and GLP1-R labels didn't fool them. Surprising, right? What's different here: the FDA considers selling BAC alongside those products as evidence they're meant for people. That's a fresh angle. And since Amazon has also stopped carrying BAC, it seems like a trend is forming.

Exactly. That's what they'll use to crack down next. Apparently staying healthy should only be an option for those with money.
 
How likely is it that the FDA stays current with Redit, social media, and communities like this one?

Authorities could easily task agentic AI with producing a report that forecasts the categories and quantities of peptides crossing into a nation. If that isn't happening yet, it will probably arrive down the line. Still, the results would probably be wildly off base because of how much false information circulates.

Whether this forum can be viewed without logging in is unclear to me, but forums that only appear to members who have created a login do offer a degree of shielding against AI web scraping
 
Honestly, the FDA is just doing its job here. Warning people off unapproved peptides is exactly what you'd expect. As far as I'm concerned, this announcement doesn't really move the needle
 
Chili777 said:

The GLP1-S, GLP1-T, and GLP1-R labels didn't fool them. Surprising, right? What's different here: the FDA considers selling BAC alongside those products as evidence they're meant for people. That's a fresh angle. And since Amazon has also stopped carrying BAC, it seems like a trend is forming.
Great catch!!! (BAC = how the FDA determines Intent). That also looks like a stretch.
 
UpDownLeftRightAS* said:

Chili777 said:

The GLP1-S, GLP1-T, and GLP1-R labels didn't fool them. Surprising, right? What's different here: the FDA considers selling BAC alongside those products as evidence they're meant for people. That's a fresh angle. And since Amazon has also stopped carrying BAC, it seems like a trend is forming.
Great catch!!! (BAC = how the FDA determines Intent). That also looks like a stretch.

After the Supreme Court struck down Chevron deference, it's entertaining to picture the FDA being drastically weakened through a lost court battle. Yet even in that scenario, pharmaceutical companies have pockets deep enough to push through fresh legislation. That's essentially the pattern we saw when the entertainment sector found existing copyright protections insufficient, leading to the DMCA's introduction.
 
Sid the SeaGull said:

How likely is it that the FDA stays current with Redit, social media, and communities like this one?

Authorities could easily task agentic AI with producing a report that forecasts the categories and quantities of peptides crossing into a nation. If that isn't happening yet, it will probably arrive down the line. Still, the results would probably be wildly off base because of how much false information circulates.

Whether this forum can be viewed without logging in is unclear to me, but forums that only appear to members who have created a login do offer a degree of shielding against AI web scraping
From what I know, anyone can view it — posting is the only thing they can't do. I spent a couple of months reading before I signed up. Every lurker is a guest.
 
Sid the SeaGull said:

How likely is it that the FDA stays current with Redit, social media, and communities like this one?

Authorities could easily task agentic AI with producing a report that forecasts the categories and quantities of peptides crossing into a nation. If that isn't happening yet, it will probably arrive down the line. Still, the results would probably be wildly off base because of how much false information circulates.

Whether this forum can be viewed without logging in is unclear to me, but forums that only appear to members who have created a login do offer a degree of shielding against AI web scraping
Realistically, unless someone steps up and covers the web hosting and other upkeep expenses so that the site can operate without advertisers, making this site "go private" isn't going to happen. Plus, if that were the goal, there are already other, more private discussion forums of that kind that exist and are locked down.
 
I keep thinking about stocking up in large quantities, yet then it hits me that 4 million parcels get handled every day, real crackdowns would need hundreds of million spent on additional personnel and gear, and we're talking 6-12 months before anything happens. This isn't some national security matter ffs. The chance they intercept 10%+ of parcels seems really slim imho. TACO would likely settle for a handful of wholesale shipment headlines, similar to the one that just came out, and leave it at that.

Eli Lilly and Novo are free to complain, but most glp1 users continue purchasing from them. They'll keep profiting with a 40,000% markup over manufacturing costs. That's why I doubt the gray market disappears anytime soon.
 
AYarter said:

Chili777 said:

The GLP1-S, GLP1-T, and GLP1-R labels didn't fool them. Surprising, right? What's different here: the FDA considers selling BAC alongside those products as evidence they're meant for people. That's a fresh angle. And since Amazon has also stopped carrying BAC, it seems like a trend is forming.

Exactly. That's what they'll use to crack down next. Apparently staying healthy should only be an option for those with money.
The fact that you've raised this point is fascinating. With each passing month, that claim seems to hold more weight. Over the weekend, while I was with relatives, I tried to lay this out for them. Set aside what pharma charges for a moment—just think about the labs and bloodwork that get ordered. For my own, the cheapest I managed to find was about $250. It covered the fundamentals:

-Basic Metabolic, Basic CBC, Standard Lipid Panels

-Basic Thyroid (TSH)

-Hemoglobin A1C

-High sensitivity CRP and RF testing (for inflammation issues)

-PsA testing

-Liver Function Panel

That whole set ran $105, which is tolerable. But the two tests at the end matter more to me at this point.

-Testosterone Immunoassay

-IGF-1 LC/MS

Just those 2 came to $145 combined… and that was discounted. Insurance won't touch them, naturally.

After a doctor's appointment where I had the standard full panel drawn, I figured I'd outsmart the system by ordering the Testosterone and IGF1 separately to shave off some expense. That happened prior to starting peptides, and honestly it played a part in why I started at all.

I'd really like to run another set of tests soon and repeat it every 3-4 months. Realistically, though, I'll likely have to stretch it to 6 months or longer. Spending close to $1000 every year on bloodwork isn't something I'm sure I can justify. The catch is, plenty of additional tests could probably help me, but that means multiplying the cost by 3-4x, and it's already outrageous.

Even someone in the middle class has no shot at affording the genuinely useful testing, much less the treatment that might actually improve their life. Naturally, my relatives lean more traditional and wanted to know why I'd need these tests at all.

I fully understand there's profit to be had with GLPs. The markup on them is absurd, and without any real gray market—or even dependable compounders—it appears getting them would be genuinely difficult. Beyond weight loss and body recomp, GLPs already do a ton of other interesting things from inflammation control to potential addiction curbing. What's going to happen down the line when there's a substance that can benefit almost everyone at even greater levels? Where we see a weird split of majority class dying at 75-80 if they're lucky, and an incredibly small population of people living (even thriving) through 120, 130 and beyond. Sure, it's a little sci-fi conspiracy theoryish but… who knows.

Anyway, customs intercepting packages has been happening for as far back as I can recall. Years ago, I got a couple LLs about Modafinil. Nothing ever came of it beyond sometimes losing the order. My take is don't rush to panic buy or hoard, but definitely put together a sensible reserve just in case.
 
Below is 1 of the letters that several recipients got. What landed most of them in trouble was acting as resellers while also running SKOOL boards where dosing and protocols were discussed...plus offering bac water for sale on the resale site.



9d154b5a7f3cf24ce6b807cbbe204c2aca343af4f2a16de1bf31b27ad338a04b.png




Mile High Compounds LLC - 721600 - 03/31/2026



Unapproved New Drugs Sold Over the Internet

Image unavailable


www.fda.gov



9d154b5a7f3cf24ce6b807cbbe204c2aca343af4f2a16de1bf31b27ad338a04b.png




PekCura Labs - 721709 - 03/31/2026



Unapproved New Drugs Sold Over the Internet

Image unavailable


www.fda.gov



9d154b5a7f3cf24ce6b807cbbe204c2aca343af4f2a16de1bf31b27ad338a04b.png




Lovega LLC dba Pink Pony Peptides - 721088 - 03/31/2026



Unapproved New Drugs Sold Over the Internet

Image unavailable


www.fda.gov
 
FarmgirlRebel said:

Below is 1 of the letters that several recipients got. What landed most of them in trouble was acting as resellers while also running SKOOL boards where dosing and protocols were discussed...plus offering bac water for sale on the resale site.



View attachment 10615



Mile High Compounds LLC - 721600 - 03/31/2026



Unapproved New Drugs Sold Over the Internet

Image unavailable


www.fda.gov



View attachment 10615



PekCura Labs - 721709 - 03/31/2026



Unapproved New Drugs Sold Over the Internet

Image unavailable


www.fda.gov



View attachment 10615



Lovega LLC dba Pink Pony Peptides - 721088 - 03/31/2026



Unapproved New Drugs Sold Over the Internet

Image unavailable


www.fda.gov
At the same time, that site we all know about keeps thriving, even though it points people toward its TG group right there on the page. So the FDA's logic still leaves me puzzled. My guess is BAC water was the main thing on their radar this round, since it came up in the other letters too.

That said, there's no telling what they'll target next. They do appear to keep chasing the easy targets.
 

Attachments

  • 9d154b5a7f3cf24ce6b807cbbe204c2aca343af4f2a16de1bf31b27ad338a04b.png
    9d154b5a7f3cf24ce6b807cbbe204c2aca343af4f2a16de1bf31b27ad338a04b.png
    347.4 KB · Views: 2
Hotlongs said:

Chili777 said:

The GLP1-S, GLP1-T, and GLP1-R labels didn't fool them. Surprising, right? What's different here: the FDA considers selling BAC alongside those products as evidence they're meant for people. That's a fresh angle. And since Amazon has also stopped carrying BAC, it seems like a trend is forming.
How do you expect clearweb retailers to adapt their approach going forward? Maybe setting up a product catalog on a third-party host for sites, or some kind of obfuscation?

Really hoping this doesn't result in additional shutdowns. 🙁
At this point, the FDA is targeting the easiest targets. Will it stay that way? Possibly. These sellers became overconfident and quit following the RUO guidelines the way they were always meant to. The FDA routinely issues these notices to deliver a message at least as much as to penalize. US-based sellers will shape up and keep going, though some could face fines and shutdowns if they don't shape up. With the BAC association, the RUO rules have also gotten a little stricter.
 
Neurogroot said:

AYarter said:

Chili777 said:

The GLP1-S, GLP1-T, and GLP1-R labels didn't fool them. Surprising, right? What's different here: the FDA considers selling BAC alongside those products as evidence they're meant for people. That's a fresh angle. And since Amazon has also stopped carrying BAC, it seems like a trend is forming.

Exactly. That's what they'll use to crack down next. Apparently staying healthy should only be an option for those with money.
The fact that you've raised this point is fascinating. With each passing month, that claim seems to hold more weight. Over the weekend, while I was with relatives, I tried to lay this out for them. Set aside what pharma charges for a moment—just think about the labs and bloodwork that get ordered. For my own, the cheapest I managed to find was about $250. It covered the fundamentals:

-Basic Metabolic, Basic CBC, Standard Lipid Panels

-Basic Thyroid (TSH)

-Hemoglobin A1C

-High sensitivity CRP and RF testing (for inflammation issues)

-PsA testing

-Liver Function Panel

That whole set ran $105, which is tolerable. But the two tests at the end matter more to me at this point.

-Testosterone Immunoassay

-IGF-1 LC/MS

Just those 2 came to $145 combined… and that was discounted. Insurance won't touch them, naturally.

After a doctor's appointment where I had the standard full panel drawn, I figured I'd outsmart the system by ordering the Testosterone and IGF1 separately to shave off some expense. That happened prior to starting peptides, and honestly it played a part in why I started at all.

I'd really like to run another set of tests soon and repeat it every 3-4 months. Realistically, though, I'll likely have to stretch it to 6 months or longer. Spending close to $1000 every year on bloodwork isn't something I'm sure I can justify. The catch is, plenty of additional tests could probably help me, but that means multiplying the cost by 3-4x, and it's already outrageous.

Even someone in the middle class has no shot at affording the genuinely useful testing, much less the treatment that might actually improve their life. Naturally, my relatives lean more traditional and wanted to know why I'd need these tests at all.

I fully understand there's profit to be had with GLPs. The markup on them is absurd, and without any real gray market—or even dependable compounders—it appears getting them would be genuinely difficult. Beyond weight loss and body recomp, GLPs already do a ton of other interesting things from inflammation control to potential addiction curbing. What's going to happen down the line when there's a substance that can benefit almost everyone at even greater levels? Where we see a weird split of majority class dying at 75-80 if they're lucky, and an incredibly small population of people living (even thriving) through 120, 130 and beyond. Sure, it's a little sci-fi conspiracy theoryish but… who knows.

Anyway, customs intercepting packages has been happening for as far back as I can recall. Years ago, I got a couple LLs about Modafinil. Nothing ever came of it beyond sometimes losing the order. My take is don't rush to panic buy or hoard, but definitely put together a sensible reserve just in case.

I'm not sure which liver function panel you were given, and there is no test by the name rheumatoid factor, but….





c03060d89095ea603d264ff1fc9c94eabf45e5e458e38fdeee6c544b18d172dd.webp


This was run for me yesterday, and the results came back this morning:

17d26ce835e977948e9bb83f992b2ccd0ed215e755979d62c498a02ded9907d7.webp
 
woundcarping said:

Neurogroot said:

AYarter said:

Chili777 said:

The GLP1-S, GLP1-T, and GLP1-R labels didn't fool them. Surprising, right? What's different here: the FDA considers selling BAC alongside those products as evidence they're meant for people. That's a fresh angle. And since Amazon has also stopped carrying BAC, it seems like a trend is forming.

Exactly. That's what they'll use to crack down next. Apparently staying healthy should only be an option for those with money.
The fact that you've raised this point is fascinating. With each passing month, that claim seems to hold more weight. Over the weekend, while I was with relatives, I tried to lay this out for them. Set aside what pharma charges for a moment—just think about the labs and bloodwork that get ordered. For my own, the cheapest I managed to find was about $250. It covered the fundamentals:

-Basic Metabolic, Basic CBC, Standard Lipid Panels

-Basic Thyroid (TSH)

-Hemoglobin A1C

-High sensitivity CRP and RF testing (for inflammation issues)

-PsA testing

-Liver Function Panel

That whole set ran $105, which is tolerable. But the two tests at the end matter more to me at this point.

-Testosterone Immunoassay

-IGF-1 LC/MS

Just those 2 came to $145 combined… and that was discounted. Insurance won't touch them, naturally.

After a doctor's appointment where I had the standard full panel drawn, I figured I'd outsmart the system by ordering the Testosterone and IGF1 separately to shave off some expense. That happened prior to starting peptides, and honestly it played a part in why I started at all.

I'd really like to run another set of tests soon and repeat it every 3-4 months. Realistically, though, I'll likely have to stretch it to 6 months or longer. Spending close to $1000 every year on bloodwork isn't something I'm sure I can justify. The catch is, plenty of additional tests could probably help me, but that means multiplying the cost by 3-4x, and it's already outrageous.

Even someone in the middle class has no shot at affording the genuinely useful testing, much less the treatment that might actually improve their life. Naturally, my relatives lean more traditional and wanted to know why I'd need these tests at all.

I fully understand there's profit to be had with GLPs. The markup on them is absurd, and without any real gray market—or even dependable compounders—it appears getting them would be genuinely difficult. Beyond weight loss and body recomp, GLPs already do a ton of other interesting things from inflammation control to potential addiction curbing. What's going to happen down the line when there's a substance that can benefit almost everyone at even greater levels? Where we see a weird split of majority class dying at 75-80 if they're lucky, and an incredibly small population of people living (even thriving) through 120, 130 and beyond. Sure, it's a little sci-fi conspiracy theoryish but… who knows.

Anyway, customs intercepting packages has been happening for as far back as I can recall. Years ago, I got a couple LLs about Modafinil. Nothing ever came of it beyond sometimes losing the order. My take is don't rush to panic buy or hoard, but definitely put together a sensible reserve just in case.

I'm not sure which liver function panel you were given, and there is no test by the name rheumatoid factor, but….





View attachment 10617

This was run for me yesterday, and the results came back this morning:

View attachment 10618
Wow, that's incredible! I am 100% going to check it out. I wish I could give you a superhero reaction, or an A+++ grade for this, but if it pans out you've made my day! Thanks a million!
 
I came up with a theory about that site offering complimentary peptide testing, which was mostly centered on GLP1. I can't help but wonder whether the FDA or big pharma was running it. Before they'd send you a free testing kit for your peptide, you had to name the company you purchased from. It makes me wonder if that's how they figure out who to target.
 
Chili777 said:

The GLP1-S, GLP1-T, and GLP1-R labels didn't fool them. Surprising, right? What's different here: the FDA considers selling BAC alongside those products as evidence they're meant for people. That's a fresh angle. And since Amazon has also stopped carrying BAC, it seems like a trend is forming.
I had contacted Peptide Science just 1 day prior to their shutdown, asking whether BAC water was available, since I couldn't locate it anywhere on their website. They told me they didn't carry BAC. Peptide Science served as my backup source for BPC-157 and TB500, and reviewing my earlier purchases from them, I realized I had never ordered BAC from them either. There was an order sitting in my cart, but I wanted to figure out where else to get BAC water. At that time, my main supplier had none in stock. It turned out fortunate that I never completed that order with Peptide Science, because they were shut down the following day.

I wonder which letter they got, given that BAC wasn't part of their offerings.
 
Back
Top