Fasting While on GLP-1: Does It Burn More Fat?

ColdSmoke said:

Apple Podcasts link, screenshot attached.
Appreciate the recommendation—I happened to be searching for something to listen to, and this is exactly right.
 
What fascinates me most about this pursuit is just how varied everyone is—reactions to the peptides, symptoms, objectives, and the strategies they use to get there.

For my part, I tracked everything in a food journal so I could manage macros and keep an eye on how things were going.

My approach might not suit everyone, but the results I've gotten are pretty tough to dispute.

Across my first 31 weeks, I hit an average of 9.5k steps daily, roughly 100 grams of protein, and about 1200 calories

Until noon I had nothing but water and black coffee, and I ate within a window from noon to 8pm.

Between that, supplements, and glp1s, my waist went from about 40" down to 30-32"

I dropped from obese (226lb) to normal (163lb).

So do CICO, IF, and GLP1s work? One or all of them did in my case—I've kept it off for 1 year now and am focusing on composition by raising calories and protein along with some resistance work.

YMMV

A sample week from Sep 2024:

da20166958119056c474b56f937f736d95194e65c931b75be2c67a86088efa54.webp
 
About 3 years back, I began IF — similar to sikdude, just water and coffee in the morning until hunger hit — to bring my blood sugar down since I was prediabetic. According to my labs, that approach has been effective. Now that I'm on reta, I figure I'll start monitoring my blood sugar again every so often.
 
Back
Top