Face skin turned crepey following weight loss

DaisyRN

Explorer
Joined
Jun 21, 2026
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Location
South Central Kentucky
Would really appreciate some suggestions! I'm 50-something. My Tirz journey began on 4/22, and 20lb has come off over 2 months. Tirz has gone way beyond what I hoped for! I've still got roughly 15 lb to go before hitting my goal weight.

But the flip side- it feels like my face jumped 20years in age! A few lines were already showing up before I lost the weight. Still, wow! The skin on my face is getting so crepey. Every time I smile, the lines along the sides of my face make me look 20 years older.

After looking into things, I began KLOW about 2 weeks ago. Yesterday I also had an Amazon tele visit & Retin-A should show up today.

What else would you suggest? Are there any skin care routines, lotions, etc. that others have found helpful for this? I'd rather hear about things like at-home skin care routines, peps, and so on. Surgery, laser, derm clinic procedures, etc. are not for me. (Cosmetic procedures are pretty much out of my budget).

Would love to know what has worked for others! Thanks!
 
Appreciate your reply! 🙂

Since my dark spots were present before I dropped any weight, I didn’t bring them up at all.

For those dark spots, I might try The Ordinary Lactic Acid serum. I looked into whether it can be combined with Tretinoin. It appears fine as long as they aren’t applied simultaneously.

I also picked up some Cereva moisturizer recently to begin layering with the tretinoin. It contains Hyaluronic Acid & ceramides (though if anyone knows of superior moisturizers, please share)!

I’ve come across mentions of microneedling on Reddit & FB (plenty of pop-up ads). I suspect I’ll need to explore that topic further & look into it.
 
After dropping 50lbs on Tirz, I developed the so-called “ozempic face” issue, with sagging neck skin. My routine now includes daily GHK-Cu injections plus microneedling paired with GHK-Cu cream 3x/wk.

My neck didn’t change much, yet my skin showed clear gains in texture, resiliency, and fewer wrinkles.

I also began putting collagen into my morning coffee and doing facial stretching exercises aimed at loose skin/double chin. It has only been a week, but I think the neck area is starting to look slightly better too.
 
deluge said:

After dropping 50lbs on Tirz, I developed the so-called “ozempic face” issue, with sagging neck skin. My routine now includes daily GHK-Cu injections plus microneedling paired with GHK-Cu cream 3x/wk.

My neck didn’t change much, yet my skin showed clear gains in texture, resiliency, and fewer wrinkles.

I also began putting collagen into my morning coffee and doing facial stretching exercises aimed at loose skin/double chin. It has only been a week, but I think the neck area is starting to look slightly better too.
Microneedling is something I’m actively researching. Those advertisements keep showing up for me constantly.

Collagen also catches my attention. Is there a difference between brands? Or is any collagen powder fine to buy?
 
deluge said:

After dropping 50lbs on Tirz, I developed the so-called “ozempic face” issue, with sagging neck skin. My routine now includes daily GHK-Cu injections plus microneedling paired with GHK-Cu cream 3x/wk.

My neck didn’t change much, yet my skin showed clear gains in texture, resiliency, and fewer wrinkles.

I also began putting collagen into my morning coffee and doing facial stretching exercises aimed at loose skin/double chin. It has only been a week, but I think the neck area is starting to look slightly better too.
My neck has that same issue. It comes down to getting older.
 
Half hoping a daily 2iu of HGH puffs my face out by a few PSI. Honestly, cheek lines are what gets me. Beginning next week.
 
chewonmysac said:

Half hoping a daily 2iu of HGH puffs my face out by a few PSI. Honestly, cheek lines are what gets me. Beginning next week.

For the last 1.5 months I've been taking 4ui every day, and the cheek line that showed up once I lost fat is beginning to shift.

I figure it'll take roughly another month before those lines are gone.
 
For facial crepey skin after weight loss, prescription tretinoin (Retin-A) can be started at twice per week for several weeks, then increased to 3 times per week. Daily SPF is essential — apply it every day before heading out, even when you think it isn't needed. Keep water intake up, aiming for at least 2 - 3 litres per day, since dehydrated skin appears dull, crepey and wrinkly. Regarding GHK, which was mentioned alongside KLOW: I like GHK on its own, blending a small amount into a quality night cream a few nights per week in addition to pinning. Matryxl 3000 works very well too, as does Vit C — I use Medik8 C-Tetra Luxe, which costs a bit more but greatly improved my skin's brightness. None of this matters, though, without hydration and SPF 🙂
 
Svartr said:

For facial crepey skin after weight loss, prescription tretinoin (Retin-A) can be started at twice per week for several weeks, then increased to 3 times per week. Daily SPF is essential — apply it every day before heading out, even when you think it isn't needed. Keep water intake up, aiming for at least 2 - 3 litres per day, since dehydrated skin appears dull, crepey and wrinkly. Regarding GHK, which was mentioned alongside KLOW: I like GHK on its own, blending a small amount into a quality night cream a few nights per week in addition to pinning. Matryxl 3000 works very well too, as does Vit C — I use Medik8 C-Tetra Luxe, which costs a bit more but greatly improved my skin's brightness. None of this matters, though, without hydration and SPF 🙂
So much useful information here.

Before starting Tirzepatide, I hardly ever drank water. I'll be honest, that has been hard for me. These days, though, I get through a minimum of 2 liters/day.

Sunscreen was also something I rarely bothered with (GenX generation… grew up wanted that suntan, LOL). BUT… it has definitely caught up with me. It's a major factor behind the many spots and wrinkles I have on my skin now. The weight loss simply made the problem worse.

Over and over I've come across the point that spf is a must when using tretinoin. My tretinoin shows up today. I have to pick up that sunscreen today.

I really like the thought of adding GHK into my night cream.

Thanks for all the info!
 
Back
Top