Extending the Shelf Life of Mixed Peptides

darkreta120

Explorer
Joined
Apr 2, 2026
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Location
NYC
I've got some R30 in use right now. My weekly dose is on the low end—moving from 1mg up to 2mg—so I'm trying to figure out the real maximum duration I can stretch it. It's stored in a dedicated medication-only fridge, I wipe the vial down each time, ran it through a filter, and mixed with Hospira BAC water. Basically, every precaution has been taken. My aim is to get the most out of it, but I realize peptides break down over time. So, assuming it stays clear with no particles, how many weeks do you figure I can keep using it?
 
darkreta120 said:

I've got some R30 in use right now. My weekly dose is on the low end—moving from 1mg up to 2mg—so I'm trying to figure out the real maximum duration I can stretch it. It's stored in a dedicated medication-only fridge, I wipe the vial down each time, ran it through a filter, and mixed with Hospira BAC water. Basically, every precaution has been taken. My aim is to get the most out of it, but I realize peptides break down over time. So, assuming it stays clear with no particles, how many weeks do you figure I can keep using it?
I would like to know too.
 
Rtrain said:

darkreta120 said:

I've got some R30 in use right now. My weekly dose is on the low end—moving from 1mg up to 2mg—so I'm trying to figure out the real maximum duration I can stretch it. It's stored in a dedicated medication-only fridge, I wipe the vial down each time, ran it through a filter, and mixed with Hospira BAC water. Basically, every precaution has been taken. My aim is to get the most out of it, but I realize peptides break down over time. So, assuming it stays clear with no particles, how many weeks do you figure I can keep using it?
I would like to know too.
Are you thinking about raising the dose every 4 weeks? That would make you go through it faster. My first vial lasted me 10 weeks, and it stayed clear right up until the end. You have done everything possible to make sure it holds up for at least that long.

Edit: some degradation will happen across that period too. Around 8-10 weeks, you might add a few IU to each dose. And if you happen to know there is an overfill, that would make up for it too.
 
Chili777 said:

Rtrain said:

darkreta120 said:

I've got some R30 in use right now. My weekly dose is on the low end—moving from 1mg up to 2mg—so I'm trying to figure out the real maximum duration I can stretch it. It's stored in a dedicated medication-only fridge, I wipe the vial down each time, ran it through a filter, and mixed with Hospira BAC water. Basically, every precaution has been taken. My aim is to get the most out of it, but I realize peptides break down over time. So, assuming it stays clear with no particles, how many weeks do you figure I can keep using it?
I would like to know too.
Are you thinking about raising the dose every 4 weeks? That would make you go through it faster. My first vial lasted me 10 weeks, and it stayed clear right up until the end. You have done everything possible to make sure it holds up for at least that long.

Edit: some degradation will happen across that period too. Around 8-10 weeks, you might add a few IU to each dose. And if you happen to know there is an overfill, that would make up for it too.
There's roughly a 10% overfill. So I'll calculate using that figure. Starting now, I'll inject 1 every half week, and may increase if necessary.
 
darkreta120 said:

Chili777 said:

Rtrain said:

darkreta120 said:

I've got some R30 in use right now. My weekly dose is on the low end—moving from 1mg up to 2mg—so I'm trying to figure out the real maximum duration I can stretch it. It's stored in a dedicated medication-only fridge, I wipe the vial down each time, ran it through a filter, and mixed with Hospira BAC water. Basically, every precaution has been taken. My aim is to get the most out of it, but I realize peptides break down over time. So, assuming it stays clear with no particles, how many weeks do you figure I can keep using it?
I would like to know too.
Are you thinking about raising the dose every 4 weeks? That would make you go through it faster. My first vial lasted me 10 weeks, and it stayed clear right up until the end. You have done everything possible to make sure it holds up for at least that long.

Edit: some degradation will happen across that period too. Around 8-10 weeks, you might add a few IU to each dose. And if you happen to know there is an overfill, that would make up for it too.
There's roughly a 10% overfill. So I'll calculate using that figure. Starting now, I'll inject 1 every half week, and may increase if necessary.
When you reconstituted it, did you account for the 3mg of overfill, and what amount are you pinning?
 
darkreta120 said:

Chili777 said:

Rtrain said:

darkreta120 said:

I've got some R30 in use right now. My weekly dose is on the low end—moving from 1mg up to 2mg—so I'm trying to figure out the real maximum duration I can stretch it. It's stored in a dedicated medication-only fridge, I wipe the vial down each time, ran it through a filter, and mixed with Hospira BAC water. Basically, every precaution has been taken. My aim is to get the most out of it, but I realize peptides break down over time. So, assuming it stays clear with no particles, how many weeks do you figure I can keep using it?
I would like to know too.
Are you thinking about raising the dose every 4 weeks? That would make you go through it faster. My first vial lasted me 10 weeks, and it stayed clear right up until the end. You have done everything possible to make sure it holds up for at least that long.

Edit: some degradation will happen across that period too. Around 8-10 weeks, you might add a few IU to each dose. And if you happen to know there is an overfill, that would make up for it too.
There's roughly a 10% overfill. So I'll calculate using that figure. Starting now, I'll inject 1 every half week, and may increase if necessary.
That means you're looking at a 15-week supply, then. That doesn't seem like a stretch to me. Just make sure to filter, stick with good supplies and clean technique, and keep an eye out for anything odd in the vial.

I ran into the same issue — my first Tirz was 3mg drawn from a 60mg vial, which worked out to 20 weeks. It didn't take long, though, before I figured out that I had to raise my dose to see any progress, and these days one vial is gone in 6 weeks.
 
BNLFL said:


Did you reconstituted it based on the 3mg overfill, and how much are you pinning?

Click to expand...
Not at all—I only added 3ml of BAC. Right now I inject 1 mg weekly and plan to move up to 2 mg weekly. I may increase further once 4 weeks have passed, but at 1 mg I haven't noticed much.
 
darkreta120 said:


No I just did 3ml of BAC. I am pinning 1 mg a week going to 2 mg a week. Might do more after 4 weeks. But haven't felt a ton on 1.

Click to expand...
At 1mg per dose you'd get 30 injections, while 2mg per dose yields 15. Drawn out at 1mg, you're looking at 4 weeks.
 
BNLFL said:


Well, 1mg will give you 30 shots, and 2 will give you 15. Too long at 1mg, that's 4 weeks.

Click to expand...
From now on, I intend to take 1 mg every half week. What I've observed is that 1mg wears off rapidly by the middle of the week.
 
Use aseptic handling and check that the solution stays clear. Breakdown in practice is very small. We ran a test on 2 Reta vials using Hospira, kept at room temperature for 45 days. Each lost 1.2mg, and they were not refrigerated.
 
beamero said:

Use aseptic handling and check that the solution stays clear. Breakdown in practice is very small. We ran a test on 2 Reta vials using Hospira, kept at room temperature for 45 days. Each lost 1.2mg, and they were not refrigerated.
That is really useful information. Thanks!
 
Kirbyzx6 said:

Yep, hospira is the important bit, being PH Balanced at 7.
Not correct, Hospira Bacteriostatic Water for Injection, USP generally comes in at a pH of 5.7

According to Pfizer:


DESCRIPTION

This formulation is intended exclusively for parenteral administration, and only after drugs needing dilution or dissolution in an aqueous medium have been added, before injection.

Bacteriostatic Water for Injection, USP is a sterile, nonpyrogenic water for injection preparation that includes benzyl alcohol at 0.9% (9 mg/mL) or 1.1% (11 mg/mL) as a bacteriostatic preservative. It comes in a multiple-dose container, allowing repeated withdrawals to dilute or dissolve injectable drugs. The pH is 5.7
 
Back
Top