Everyone, go check the batteries in your smart scale!!

HRH_IceQueen

Explorer
Joined
May 17, 2026
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
Location
California
FUNNY story: This morning I found out that I hadn't actually stalled or put on any weight - thank God! The culprit was my smart scale, which was low on battery and messing with me πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ˜‚ so the numbers it showed were wrong. Once I swapped the battery out, I reached my first goal of 140lbs. Right now I weigh 138lbs. I've also gone back to IF, so all together I'm down almost 20lbs. πŸŽ‰ Don't forget to check your smart scale batteries!!

As a way to celebrate & reward myself, I did some pep shopping lol I'm adding MOTS-C, NAD+, KLOW, and DSIP into the rotation. Can't wait for everything to show up!!

PS: cross posted on my intro post.
 
HRH_IceQueen said:

FUNNY story: This morning I found out that I hadn't actually stalled or put on any weight - thank God! The culprit was my smart scale, which was low on battery and messing with me πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ˜‚ so the numbers it showed were wrong. Once I swapped the battery out, I reached my first goal of 140lbs. Right now I weigh 138lbs. I've also gone back to IF, so all together I'm down almost 20lbs. πŸŽ‰ Don't forget to check your smart scale batteries!!

As a way to celebrate & reward myself, I did some pep shopping lol I'm adding MOTS-C, NAD+, KLOW, and DSIP into the rotation. Can't wait for everything to show up!!

PS: cross posted on my intro post.
This morning I swapped mine out β€” my wife told me it had stopped working. There was dried battery fluid all over. I had to scrub it clean and put in new batteries. Nice job on the weight loss.
 
BigDog8084 said:

HRH_IceQueen said:

FUNNY story: This morning I found out that I hadn't actually stalled or put on any weight - thank God! The culprit was my smart scale, which was low on battery and messing with me πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ˜‚ so the numbers it showed were wrong. Once I swapped the battery out, I reached my first goal of 140lbs. Right now I weigh 138lbs. I've also gone back to IF, so all together I'm down almost 20lbs. πŸŽ‰ Don't forget to check your smart scale batteries!!

As a way to celebrate & reward myself, I did some pep shopping lol I'm adding MOTS-C, NAD+, KLOW, and DSIP into the rotation. Can't wait for everything to show up!!

PS: cross posted on my intro post.
This morning I swapped mine out β€” my wife told me it had stopped working. There was dried battery fluid all over. I had to scrub it clean and put in new batteries. Nice job on the weight loss.
Thanks! You're rightβ€”fresh batteries change everything.
 
HRH_IceQueen said:

BigDog8084 said:

HRH_IceQueen said:

FUNNY story: This morning I found out that I hadn't actually stalled or put on any weight - thank God! The culprit was my smart scale, which was low on battery and messing with me πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ˜‚ so the numbers it showed were wrong. Once I swapped the battery out, I reached my first goal of 140lbs. Right now I weigh 138lbs. I've also gone back to IF, so all together I'm down almost 20lbs. πŸŽ‰ Don't forget to check your smart scale batteries!!

As a way to celebrate & reward myself, I did some pep shopping lol I'm adding MOTS-C, NAD+, KLOW, and DSIP into the rotation. Can't wait for everything to show up!!

PS: cross posted on my intro post.
This morning I swapped mine out β€” my wife told me it had stopped working. There was dried battery fluid all over. I had to scrub it clean and put in new batteries. Nice job on the weight loss.
Thanks! You're rightβ€”fresh batteries change everything.

I've spent more than 30 years working as an auto mechanic, and on modern vehicles that carry over 30 modules or computers, weak batteries really do cause major problems. That's why I get how low battery strength can make things act up.
 
HRH_IceQueen said:

FUNNY story: This morning I found out that I hadn't actually stalled or put on any weight - thank God! The culprit was my smart scale, which was low on battery and messing with me πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ˜‚ so the numbers it showed were wrong. Once I swapped the battery out, I reached my first goal of 140lbs. Right now I weigh 138lbs. I've also gone back to IF, so all together I'm down almost 20lbs. πŸŽ‰ Don't forget to check your smart scale batteries!!

As a way to celebrate & reward myself, I did some pep shopping lol I'm adding MOTS-C, NAD+, KLOW, and DSIP into the rotation. Can't wait for everything to show up!!

PS: cross posted on my intro post.

So basically, swapping out the batteries is the only thing standing between me and my goal? Great. I'm already on Amazon ordering fresh battaries πŸ˜‚.

Jokes aside, what tipped you off that the scale wasn't working right? Mine keeps giving me different numbers even when I step on it back to back β€” I'm about ready to toss it out the window. I'll weigh myself, step off, step back on, and the # changes. πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ
 
Grogu said:

HRH_IceQueen said:

FUNNY story: This morning I found out that I hadn't actually stalled or put on any weight - thank God! The culprit was my smart scale, which was low on battery and messing with me πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ˜‚ so the numbers it showed were wrong. Once I swapped the battery out, I reached my first goal of 140lbs. Right now I weigh 138lbs. I've also gone back to IF, so all together I'm down almost 20lbs. πŸŽ‰ Don't forget to check your smart scale batteries!!

As a way to celebrate & reward myself, I did some pep shopping lol I'm adding MOTS-C, NAD+, KLOW, and DSIP into the rotation. Can't wait for everything to show up!!

PS: cross posted on my intro post.

So basically, swapping out the batteries is the only thing standing between me and my goal? Great. I'm already on Amazon ordering fresh battaries πŸ˜‚.

Jokes aside, what tipped you off that the scale wasn't working right? Mine keeps giving me different numbers even when I step on it back to back β€” I'm about ready to toss it out the window. I'll weigh myself, step off, step back on, and the # changes. πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ
Be sure to buy the Energizer brand, so you'll have energy all day long - LOL, if only it worked that way.

I've kept up my pep routine for 2 weeks now: I began eating healthier/cleaner, went back to my keto and IF routine, and started a light workout because I hurt my ankle a couple month ago and lately it felt better, but the main reason is that I wanted to hit my goal weight. I make sure to get at least 6hrs of sleep, and since then I've felt lighter and my clothes seemed looser than usual, yet my scale said something different. When I looked at my smart scale app, it showed the battery was low, so I swapped it out and voila!!

If your scale is giving you different numbers right away, I think that's definitely a sign to get a new one. Also, be sure your scale sits on a flat surface & in the same spot whenever you weigh yourself, since even a slight unevenness in your floor can throw off the reading. Always weigh yourself first thing in the morning. I hope this helps and good luck to you on your journey!
 
Grogu said:

HRH_IceQueen said:

FUNNY story: This morning I found out that I hadn't actually stalled or put on any weight - thank God! The culprit was my smart scale, which was low on battery and messing with me πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ˜‚ so the numbers it showed were wrong. Once I swapped the battery out, I reached my first goal of 140lbs. Right now I weigh 138lbs. I've also gone back to IF, so all together I'm down almost 20lbs. πŸŽ‰ Don't forget to check your smart scale batteries!!

As a way to celebrate & reward myself, I did some pep shopping lol I'm adding MOTS-C, NAD+, KLOW, and DSIP into the rotation. Can't wait for everything to show up!!

PS: cross posted on my intro post.

So basically, swapping out the batteries is the only thing standing between me and my goal? Great. I'm already on Amazon ordering fresh battaries πŸ˜‚.

Jokes aside, what tipped you off that the scale wasn't working right? Mine keeps giving me different numbers even when I step on it back to back β€” I'm about ready to toss it out the window. I'll weigh myself, step off, step back on, and the # changes. πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ
Renpho Elis 2X here, and I'm a fan.
 
HRH_IceQueen said:

FUNNY story: This morning I found out that I hadn't actually stalled or put on any weight - thank God! The culprit was my smart scale, which was low on battery and messing with me πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ˜‚ so the numbers it showed were wrong. Once I swapped the battery out, I reached my first goal of 140lbs. Right now I weigh 138lbs. I've also gone back to IF, so all together I'm down almost 20lbs. πŸŽ‰ Don't forget to check your smart scale batteries!!

As a way to celebrate & reward myself, I did some pep shopping lol I'm adding MOTS-C, NAD+, KLOW, and DSIP into the rotation. Can't wait for everything to show up!!

PS: cross posted on my intro post.
The scale caught you off guard! Nice, the best way to mark the occasion is with extra peps!!!
 
Grogu said:

HRH_IceQueen said:

FUNNY story: This morning I found out that I hadn't actually stalled or put on any weight - thank God! The culprit was my smart scale, which was low on battery and messing with me πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ˜‚ so the numbers it showed were wrong. Once I swapped the battery out, I reached my first goal of 140lbs. Right now I weigh 138lbs. I've also gone back to IF, so all together I'm down almost 20lbs. πŸŽ‰ Don't forget to check your smart scale batteries!!

As a way to celebrate & reward myself, I did some pep shopping lol I'm adding MOTS-C, NAD+, KLOW, and DSIP into the rotation. Can't wait for everything to show up!!

PS: cross posted on my intro post.

So basically, swapping out the batteries is the only thing standing between me and my goal? Great. I'm already on Amazon ordering fresh battaries πŸ˜‚.

Jokes aside, what tipped you off that the scale wasn't working right? Mine keeps giving me different numbers even when I step on it back to back β€” I'm about ready to toss it out the window. I'll weigh myself, step off, step back on, and the # changes. πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ
Ughhh I figured I was the only person dealing with this! I can step on 3 times with minutes in between and end up with 3 completely different numbers. These days I step on 5 or 6 times and take whichever weight shows up most often πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ
 
BNLFL said:

Grogu said:

HRH_IceQueen said:

FUNNY story: This morning I found out that I hadn't actually stalled or put on any weight - thank God! The culprit was my smart scale, which was low on battery and messing with me πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ˜‚ so the numbers it showed were wrong. Once I swapped the battery out, I reached my first goal of 140lbs. Right now I weigh 138lbs. I've also gone back to IF, so all together I'm down almost 20lbs. πŸŽ‰ Don't forget to check your smart scale batteries!!

As a way to celebrate & reward myself, I did some pep shopping lol I'm adding MOTS-C, NAD+, KLOW, and DSIP into the rotation. Can't wait for everything to show up!!

PS: cross posted on my intro post.

So basically, swapping out the batteries is the only thing standing between me and my goal? Great. I'm already on Amazon ordering fresh battaries πŸ˜‚.

Jokes aside, what tipped you off that the scale wasn't working right? Mine keeps giving me different numbers even when I step on it back to back β€” I'm about ready to toss it out the window. I'll weigh myself, step off, step back on, and the # changes. πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ
Renpho Elis 2X here, and I'm a fan.

Appreciate it! Is it precise β€” meaning if you step on it repeatedly, does it show the same number every time?
 
SeaGypsy said:

Grogu said:

HRH_IceQueen said:

FUNNY story: This morning I found out that I hadn't actually stalled or put on any weight - thank God! The culprit was my smart scale, which was low on battery and messing with me πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ˜‚ so the numbers it showed were wrong. Once I swapped the battery out, I reached my first goal of 140lbs. Right now I weigh 138lbs. I've also gone back to IF, so all together I'm down almost 20lbs. πŸŽ‰ Don't forget to check your smart scale batteries!!

As a way to celebrate & reward myself, I did some pep shopping lol I'm adding MOTS-C, NAD+, KLOW, and DSIP into the rotation. Can't wait for everything to show up!!

PS: cross posted on my intro post.

So basically, swapping out the batteries is the only thing standing between me and my goal? Great. I'm already on Amazon ordering fresh battaries πŸ˜‚.

Jokes aside, what tipped you off that the scale wasn't working right? Mine keeps giving me different numbers even when I step on it back to back β€” I'm about ready to toss it out the window. I'll weigh myself, step off, step back on, and the # changes. πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ
Ughhh I figured I was the only person dealing with this! I can step on 3 times with minutes in between and end up with 3 completely different numbers. These days I step on 5 or 6 times and take whichever weight shows up most often πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

That's precisely my situation. It fluctuates every time, even just a few minutes apart. 😑

Good to hear I'm not alone in this, though I hate that you're dealing with it too.... I'll check out the scale that @BNLFL brought up.
 
SeaGypsy said:

Grogu said:

HRH_IceQueen said:

FUNNY story: This morning I found out that I hadn't actually stalled or put on any weight - thank God! The culprit was my smart scale, which was low on battery and messing with me πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ˜‚ so the numbers it showed were wrong. Once I swapped the battery out, I reached my first goal of 140lbs. Right now I weigh 138lbs. I've also gone back to IF, so all together I'm down almost 20lbs. πŸŽ‰ Don't forget to check your smart scale batteries!!

As a way to celebrate & reward myself, I did some pep shopping lol I'm adding MOTS-C, NAD+, KLOW, and DSIP into the rotation. Can't wait for everything to show up!!

PS: cross posted on my intro post.

So basically, swapping out the batteries is the only thing standing between me and my goal? Great. I'm already on Amazon ordering fresh battaries πŸ˜‚.

Jokes aside, what tipped you off that the scale wasn't working right? Mine keeps giving me different numbers even when I step on it back to back β€” I'm about ready to toss it out the window. I'll weigh myself, step off, step back on, and the # changes. πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ
Ughhh I figured I was the only person dealing with this! I can step on 3 times with minutes in between and end up with 3 completely different numbers. These days I step on 5 or 6 times and take whichever weight shows up most often πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ
My situation is reversed: for 7 days straight, stepping on at the identical morning time, the number comes back identical down to the ounce, every single time. Obviously that can't happen in reality. I tried resetting the algorithm, recalibrating, and the battery trick. Still the same to the ounce. It's mocking me.
 
HRH_IceQueen said:

FUNNY story: This morning I found out that I hadn't actually stalled or put on any weight - thank God! The culprit was my smart scale, which was low on battery and messing with me πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ˜‚ so the numbers it showed were wrong. Once I swapped the battery out, I reached my first goal of 140lbs. Right now I weigh 138lbs. I've also gone back to IF, so all together I'm down almost 20lbs. πŸŽ‰ Don't forget to check your smart scale batteries!!

As a way to celebrate & reward myself, I did some pep shopping lol I'm adding MOTS-C, NAD+, KLOW, and DSIP into the rotation. Can't wait for everything to show up!!

PS: cross posted on my intro post.
Nice work hitting your goal!! πŸͺ‡ πŸ₯‚ 138 is fantastic! You've got to be feeling great. Congrats on treating yourself to some well-earned pep shopping!
 
spanky2026 said:

SeaGypsy said:

Grogu said:

HRH_IceQueen said:

FUNNY story: This morning I found out that I hadn't actually stalled or put on any weight - thank God! The culprit was my smart scale, which was low on battery and messing with me πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ˜‚ so the numbers it showed were wrong. Once I swapped the battery out, I reached my first goal of 140lbs. Right now I weigh 138lbs. I've also gone back to IF, so all together I'm down almost 20lbs. πŸŽ‰ Don't forget to check your smart scale batteries!!

As a way to celebrate & reward myself, I did some pep shopping lol I'm adding MOTS-C, NAD+, KLOW, and DSIP into the rotation. Can't wait for everything to show up!!

PS: cross posted on my intro post.

So basically, swapping out the batteries is the only thing standing between me and my goal? Great. I'm already on Amazon ordering fresh battaries πŸ˜‚.

Jokes aside, what tipped you off that the scale wasn't working right? Mine keeps giving me different numbers even when I step on it back to back β€” I'm about ready to toss it out the window. I'll weigh myself, step off, step back on, and the # changes. πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ
Ughhh I figured I was the only person dealing with this! I can step on 3 times with minutes in between and end up with 3 completely different numbers. These days I step on 5 or 6 times and take whichever weight shows up most often πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ
My situation is reversed: for 7 days straight, stepping on at the identical morning time, the number comes back identical down to the ounce, every single time. Obviously that can't happen in reality. I tried resetting the algorithm, recalibrating, and the battery trick. Still the same to the ounce. It's mocking me.

Right, that doesn't add up at all. Weight is bound to move around from one day to the next. What is going on with these scales 🀣.
 
lastresort said:

Battery manufacturers are working together to do us wrong!
Big Battery has got to go!

Grogu said:

spanky2026 said:

SeaGypsy said:

Grogu said:

HRH_IceQueen said:

FUNNY story: This morning I found out that I hadn't actually stalled or put on any weight - thank God! The culprit was my smart scale, which was low on battery and messing with me πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ˜‚ so the numbers it showed were wrong. Once I swapped the battery out, I reached my first goal of 140lbs. Right now I weigh 138lbs. I've also gone back to IF, so all together I'm down almost 20lbs. πŸŽ‰ Don't forget to check your smart scale batteries!!

As a way to celebrate & reward myself, I did some pep shopping lol I'm adding MOTS-C, NAD+, KLOW, and DSIP into the rotation. Can't wait for everything to show up!!

PS: cross posted on my intro post.

So basically, swapping out the batteries is the only thing standing between me and my goal? Great. I'm already on Amazon ordering fresh battaries πŸ˜‚.

Jokes aside, what tipped you off that the scale wasn't working right? Mine keeps giving me different numbers even when I step on it back to back β€” I'm about ready to toss it out the window. I'll weigh myself, step off, step back on, and the # changes. πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ
Ughhh I figured I was the only person dealing with this! I can step on 3 times with minutes in between and end up with 3 completely different numbers. These days I step on 5 or 6 times and take whichever weight shows up most often πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ
My situation is reversed: for 7 days straight, stepping on at the identical morning time, the number comes back identical down to the ounce, every single time. Obviously that can't happen in reality. I tried resetting the algorithm, recalibrating, and the battery trick. Still the same to the ounce. It's mocking me.

Right, that doesn't add up at all. Weight is bound to move around from one day to the next. What is going on with these scales 🀣.
Those things are demons, straight out of hell! 🀣
 
spanky2026 said:

lastresort said:

Battery manufacturers are working together to do us wrong!
Big Battery has got to go!

Grogu said:

spanky2026 said:

SeaGypsy said:

Grogu said:

HRH_IceQueen said:

FUNNY story: This morning I found out that I hadn't actually stalled or put on any weight - thank God! The culprit was my smart scale, which was low on battery and messing with me πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ˜‚ so the numbers it showed were wrong. Once I swapped the battery out, I reached my first goal of 140lbs. Right now I weigh 138lbs. I've also gone back to IF, so all together I'm down almost 20lbs. πŸŽ‰ Don't forget to check your smart scale batteries!!

As a way to celebrate & reward myself, I did some pep shopping lol I'm adding MOTS-C, NAD+, KLOW, and DSIP into the rotation. Can't wait for everything to show up!!

PS: cross posted on my intro post.

So basically, swapping out the batteries is the only thing standing between me and my goal? Great. I'm already on Amazon ordering fresh battaries πŸ˜‚.

Jokes aside, what tipped you off that the scale wasn't working right? Mine keeps giving me different numbers even when I step on it back to back β€” I'm about ready to toss it out the window. I'll weigh myself, step off, step back on, and the # changes. πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ
Ughhh I figured I was the only person dealing with this! I can step on 3 times with minutes in between and end up with 3 completely different numbers. These days I step on 5 or 6 times and take whichever weight shows up most often πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ
My situation is reversed: for 7 days straight, stepping on at the identical morning time, the number comes back identical down to the ounce, every single time. Obviously that can't happen in reality. I tried resetting the algorithm, recalibrating, and the battery trick. Still the same to the ounce. It's mocking me.

Right, that doesn't add up at all. Weight is bound to move around from one day to the next. What is going on with these scales 🀣.
Those things are demons, straight out of hell! 🀣

That's partly why I've never been great about monitoring my weight. I don't own one of those snazzy charts that people share. It fluctuates way too much, and to me the scale is closer to a rough guess than a precise reading.
 
Grogu said:

BNLFL said:

Grogu said:

HRH_IceQueen said:

FUNNY story: This morning I found out that I hadn't actually stalled or put on any weight - thank God! The culprit was my smart scale, which was low on battery and messing with me πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ˜‚ so the numbers it showed were wrong. Once I swapped the battery out, I reached my first goal of 140lbs. Right now I weigh 138lbs. I've also gone back to IF, so all together I'm down almost 20lbs. πŸŽ‰ Don't forget to check your smart scale batteries!!

As a way to celebrate & reward myself, I did some pep shopping lol I'm adding MOTS-C, NAD+, KLOW, and DSIP into the rotation. Can't wait for everything to show up!!

PS: cross posted on my intro post.

So basically, swapping out the batteries is the only thing standing between me and my goal? Great. I'm already on Amazon ordering fresh battaries πŸ˜‚.

Jokes aside, what tipped you off that the scale wasn't working right? Mine keeps giving me different numbers even when I step on it back to back β€” I'm about ready to toss it out the window. I'll weigh myself, step off, step back on, and the # changes. πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ
Renpho Elis 2X here, and I'm a fan.

Appreciate it! Is it precise β€” meaning if you step on it repeatedly, does it show the same number every time?
I'm happy with it β€” stepping off and back on 3-4 times gives me the same number. A lot of folks say it's pretty damn close to full body scans. Tracking my BMI and Fat% is something I enjoy. Each time, it drops a little.
 
BNLFL said:

Grogu said:

BNLFL said:

Grogu said:

HRH_IceQueen said:

FUNNY story: This morning I found out that I hadn't actually stalled or put on any weight - thank God! The culprit was my smart scale, which was low on battery and messing with me πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ˜‚ so the numbers it showed were wrong. Once I swapped the battery out, I reached my first goal of 140lbs. Right now I weigh 138lbs. I've also gone back to IF, so all together I'm down almost 20lbs. πŸŽ‰ Don't forget to check your smart scale batteries!!

As a way to celebrate & reward myself, I did some pep shopping lol I'm adding MOTS-C, NAD+, KLOW, and DSIP into the rotation. Can't wait for everything to show up!!

PS: cross posted on my intro post.

So basically, swapping out the batteries is the only thing standing between me and my goal? Great. I'm already on Amazon ordering fresh battaries πŸ˜‚.

Jokes aside, what tipped you off that the scale wasn't working right? Mine keeps giving me different numbers even when I step on it back to back β€” I'm about ready to toss it out the window. I'll weigh myself, step off, step back on, and the # changes. πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ
Renpho Elis 2X here, and I'm a fan.

Appreciate it! Is it precise β€” meaning if you step on it repeatedly, does it show the same number every time?
I'm happy with it β€” stepping off and back on 3-4 times gives me the same number. A lot of folks say it's pretty damn close to full body scans. Tracking my BMI and Fat% is something I enjoy. Each time, it drops a little.

Appreciate it! I placed an order for one just now…. Delivery is set for tomorrow.
 
Back
Top