lessthanhalf said:
In a lot of ways this looks much like tirzepatide, except that it is a biased agonist towards cAMP at both GLP-1 and GIP, whereas tirz is only biased at GLP-1. Weight loss rates come out pretty similar too, and the low dropout rate is interesting. I could not locate the actual paper, so I have no idea what the side effect rates looked like. Since weight loss had not plateaued at 48 weeks the final results are likely to be better.
Where the newer GLP drugs that are not triple agonists will all end up is very hard to know; reta is simply more effective, and the triple agonists still in development will no doubt be too. Going on the low dropout rate alone this one might have lower side effects, which would give it something to set it apart from tirz in the market. As for the injectable GLP-1 only drugs in development, I cannot see any realistic route to market success for them unless they come in cheap and land quickly, before dozens of them exist.