Energy and mots c

TurnipMate

Explorer
Joined
Mar 25, 2026
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
Location
Us
Hello everyone, for the past couple of months I've been dealing with fatigue and low energy, and this began before I ever started any peptide cycles. For a bit more than a year I've stayed in a fairly steady calorie deficit; I began at 220 lbs and have since dropped to roughly 140 lbs. I'm 18 years old, sleep about 8 hours each night with quite high sleep scores, but I still wake up many times during the night. I went through 9 vials of mots c and saw no change in energy. I also take growth hormone every night, not for energy, though it's worth bringing up since some people say it improves their sleep. I'm now considering SS-31 for energy, and I'm also looking at a DSIP/Epitalon stack as a way to maybe cut down the number of times I wake up at night. Does anyone have suggestions, a similar story to share, or something that was a "game changer"? Thank you!
 
The energy it gives isn’t the jittery stimulant kind—it’s more of a quiet, less-drained feeling. If you’re already feeling decent without it, I’m not sure how much it would actually do for you.

After training I’m completely wrecked, and I wake up feeling awful. With mots c, coffee, and methylene blue, I can get moving.
 
mots-c is worthless

for me at least, the harm may outweigh the benefit

give 5 amino 1mq a shot

while in a solid deficit, it keeps me moving all day long

and if you're using Reta, consider slow carbs right before sleep—that could be of help
 
Since you’re young, your body is likely already running at its best. From what I understand, ss31 and mots are meant to repair cells that have been damaged and improve how they function. So if you haven’t had years to damage your cells, they probably won’t make much difference. It’s like scrubbing a floor that’s already spotless and then being surprised nothing changed — it was already fine.

Have you gotten any blood work to check for deficiencies or to see whether your thyroid is functioning properly? Do you track macros and confirm you’re eating enough? If you’ve been in a deficit for a while, that might be the reason.
 
Tried mots-c and it left me completely drained. I'm 50, do 40 minutes of cardio 4 days a week, but I couldn't get through my workout because I had no energy. What's the next best option, or should I switch to taking it at night?
 
Rezwalker said:

mots-c is worthless

for me at least, the harm may outweigh the benefit

give 5 amino 1mq a shot

while in a solid deficit, it keeps me moving all day long

and if you're using Reta, consider slow carbs right before sleep—that could be of help
MOTS certainly has value for certain people, though whether it helps really comes down to what your body requires. For me, it’s a favorite—I rely on it to stop tiredness from taking over. That said, my situation is specific: I’m 38, a mother of 3, dealing with lipedema and a past of obesity. Sooo your results may differ.
 
If the only thing ur after is a boost in energy, I really don't think MOTS-C is the right pick for ur circumstances.

During a calorie deficit, MOTS-C can support metabolic function and might make fat use more efficient, yet that doesn't automatically mean u'll feel more energetic. Sometimes it's closer to tacking on additional cardio stress, u get better fuel efficiency, but the tiredness doesn't lift.

Given that u've dropped from 220 lbs down to roughly 140 lbs and have been dieting for more than a year, my suspicion would be that the fatigue stems from extended energy restriction, not from missing a particular peptide. When a deficit is quite aggressive or has dragged on for ages, peptides usually can't fix the lethargy that follows. Believe me, I know how crushing a long cut feels. Waking up at night is also fairly typical once calories drop really low.

Still, what ur describing belongs more to the steroid side than the peptide side. Feeling highly energetic with almost no lethargy well into a cut is a separate topic. MOTS-C might assist with nutrient utilization and metabolic efficiency, but that doesn't guarantee u'll feel more energized. For u, it seems more like ur body has been dieting hard for a very long stretch than something another peptide would likely resolve
 
Hichewgoddess said:

Rezwalker said:

mots-c is worthless

for me at least, the harm may outweigh the benefit

give 5 amino 1mq a shot

while in a solid deficit, it keeps me moving all day long

and if you're using Reta, consider slow carbs right before sleep—that could be of help
MOTS certainly has value for certain people, though whether it helps really comes down to what your body requires. For me, it’s a favorite—I rely on it to stop tiredness from taking over. That said, my situation is specific: I’m 38, a mother of 3, dealing with lipedema and a past of obesity. Sooo your results may differ.
my experience and that of those close to me: every one of us developed large lumps from mots-c, plus anaphylactic shock and lymphatic system issues in my own case
 
For that type of fatigue, MotsC won't do anything. Cardio pre-workout is where it performs best, and even then it may go unnoticed.

Epithalon works great for sleep. DSIP would be a waste of money. Instead, stack it with pinealon.

Nutrition is probably where you need to attack this. Do you use a B complex containing active B6 and riboflavin, in the forms P5P and R5P? Is your thiamine intake the active form, benfotiamine? Are you pairing vitamin D with fatty meals and fish oil? What's your choline source? Have you given sublingual B12 complex a shot? Do you know or have suspicions about your methylation status? Have you ever used TMG/Betaine to raise methylation and catecholamines, plus glycine + taurine at night as a methyl sink? Is zinc part of your routine? Do you keep zinc and copper balanced? Magnesium? Boron? Since you're on SS31, are you also backing your mitochondria with CoQ10 as Ubiquinol, PQQ, carnitine, berberine? ALCAR? Tryptophan? Tyrosine? Selenium, chromium, vanadium and the other trace minerals are frequently bundled into 1 complex.

Peptides matter the least here. GLP, SS31, epithalon, all good shit, but none of it will fix your problem. A fuck load of expensive supplements just might. That's what worked for me, though dialing it in took a long time.

Give me a budget plus a history of what you've taken and what works, and I'd gladly put together a stack for you, or some simple starting points. Fish oil, for example, I love, but honestly I can't say it does anything noticable for me. Still, I know my state usually gets worse when I go 3 weeks without it.
 
birdwhacker said:

For that type of fatigue, MotsC won't do anything. Cardio pre-workout is where it performs best, and even then it may go unnoticed.

Epithalon works great for sleep. DSIP would be a waste of money. Instead, stack it with pinealon.

Nutrition is probably where you need to attack this. Do you use a B complex containing active B6 and riboflavin, in the forms P5P and R5P? Is your thiamine intake the active form, benfotiamine? Are you pairing vitamin D with fatty meals and fish oil? What's your choline source? Have you given sublingual B12 complex a shot? Do you know or have suspicions about your methylation status? Have you ever used TMG/Betaine to raise methylation and catecholamines, plus glycine + taurine at night as a methyl sink? Is zinc part of your routine? Do you keep zinc and copper balanced? Magnesium? Boron? Since you're on SS31, are you also backing your mitochondria with CoQ10 as Ubiquinol, PQQ, carnitine, berberine? ALCAR? Tryptophan? Tyrosine? Selenium, chromium, vanadium and the other trace minerals are frequently bundled into 1 complex.

Peptides matter the least here. GLP, SS31, epithalon, all good shit, but none of it will fix your problem. A fuck load of expensive supplements just might. That's what worked for me, though dialing it in took a long time.

Give me a budget plus a history of what you've taken and what works, and I'd gladly put together a stack for you, or some simple starting points. Fish oil, for example, I love, but honestly I can't say it does anything noticable for me. Still, I know my state usually gets worse when I go 3 weeks without it.

It really looks like you have a solid grasp of this. Would it be alright if I sent you my present stack along with my vitamins and supplements, so I could hear what you think?
 
Hichewgoddess said:

Since you’re young, your body is likely already running at its best. From what I understand, ss31 and mots are meant to repair cells that have been damaged and improve how they function. So if you haven’t had years to damage your cells, they probably won’t make much difference. It’s like scrubbing a floor that’s already spotless and then being surprised nothing changed — it was already fine.

Have you gotten any blood work to check for deficiencies or to see whether your thyroid is functioning properly? Do you track macros and confirm you’re eating enough? If you’ve been in a deficit for a while, that might be the reason.
Hey, appreciate the response. A few months back I had bloodwork done, and the only thing that came up as a concern was slightly low fasting blood sugar, but apart from that everything looked fine. I used to weigh and log all my food very strictly, though I've eased up on that recently. Even so, my weight has stayed steady, at most dropping 1 pound per week. I have noticed some improvement when I'm in a decent calorie surplus, which makes sense, but I don't want to gain weight until the weather turns colder. Thanks again for getting back to me!
 
birdwhacker said:

For that type of fatigue, MotsC won't do anything. Cardio pre-workout is where it performs best, and even then it may go unnoticed.

Epithalon works great for sleep. DSIP would be a waste of money. Instead, stack it with pinealon.

Nutrition is probably where you need to attack this. Do you use a B complex containing active B6 and riboflavin, in the forms P5P and R5P? Is your thiamine intake the active form, benfotiamine? Are you pairing vitamin D with fatty meals and fish oil? What's your choline source? Have you given sublingual B12 complex a shot? Do you know or have suspicions about your methylation status? Have you ever used TMG/Betaine to raise methylation and catecholamines, plus glycine + taurine at night as a methyl sink? Is zinc part of your routine? Do you keep zinc and copper balanced? Magnesium? Boron? Since you're on SS31, are you also backing your mitochondria with CoQ10 as Ubiquinol, PQQ, carnitine, berberine? ALCAR? Tryptophan? Tyrosine? Selenium, chromium, vanadium and the other trace minerals are frequently bundled into 1 complex.

Peptides matter the least here. GLP, SS31, epithalon, all good shit, but none of it will fix your problem. A fuck load of expensive supplements just might. That's what worked for me, though dialing it in took a long time.

Give me a budget plus a history of what you've taken and what works, and I'd gladly put together a stack for you, or some simple starting points. Fish oil, for example, I love, but honestly I can't say it does anything noticable for me. Still, I know my state usually gets worse when I go 3 weeks without it.
Hey, there's a ton of info here and the majority of it is new to me. I went about a month taking B complex, vitamin D3, omega 3 fish oil, and zinc; after each one ran out, I didn't see any real difference in my energy levels. At night I do use magnesium, and I figure it helps my sleep enough that I keep buying more. I haven't started SS31 yet—I'm still waiting to hear what others think before spending more, especially since mots c didn't pan out. Thanks as well for putting in the time to write this!
 
TurnipMate said:

birdwhacker said:

For that type of fatigue, MotsC won't do anything. Cardio pre-workout is where it performs best, and even then it may go unnoticed.

Epithalon works great for sleep. DSIP would be a waste of money. Instead, stack it with pinealon.

Nutrition is probably where you need to attack this. Do you use a B complex containing active B6 and riboflavin, in the forms P5P and R5P? Is your thiamine intake the active form, benfotiamine? Are you pairing vitamin D with fatty meals and fish oil? What's your choline source? Have you given sublingual B12 complex a shot? Do you know or have suspicions about your methylation status? Have you ever used TMG/Betaine to raise methylation and catecholamines, plus glycine + taurine at night as a methyl sink? Is zinc part of your routine? Do you keep zinc and copper balanced? Magnesium? Boron? Since you're on SS31, are you also backing your mitochondria with CoQ10 as Ubiquinol, PQQ, carnitine, berberine? ALCAR? Tryptophan? Tyrosine? Selenium, chromium, vanadium and the other trace minerals are frequently bundled into 1 complex.

Peptides matter the least here. GLP, SS31, epithalon, all good shit, but none of it will fix your problem. A fuck load of expensive supplements just might. That's what worked for me, though dialing it in took a long time.

Give me a budget plus a history of what you've taken and what works, and I'd gladly put together a stack for you, or some simple starting points. Fish oil, for example, I love, but honestly I can't say it does anything noticable for me. Still, I know my state usually gets worse when I go 3 weeks without it.
Hey, there's a ton of info here and the majority of it is new to me. I went about a month taking B complex, vitamin D3, omega 3 fish oil, and zinc; after each one ran out, I didn't see any real difference in my energy levels. At night I do use magnesium, and I figure it helps my sleep enough that I keep buying more. I haven't started SS31 yet—I'm still waiting to hear what others think before spending more, especially since mots c didn't pan out. Thanks as well for putting in the time to write this!
I'll shoot you a direct message—tell me if it comes through.
 
TurnipMate said:

Hichewgoddess said:

Since you’re young, your body is likely already running at its best. From what I understand, ss31 and mots are meant to repair cells that have been damaged and improve how they function. So if you haven’t had years to damage your cells, they probably won’t make much difference. It’s like scrubbing a floor that’s already spotless and then being surprised nothing changed — it was already fine.

Have you gotten any blood work to check for deficiencies or to see whether your thyroid is functioning properly? Do you track macros and confirm you’re eating enough? If you’ve been in a deficit for a while, that might be the reason.
Hey, appreciate the response. A few months back I had bloodwork done, and the only thing that came up as a concern was slightly low fasting blood sugar, but apart from that everything looked fine. I used to weigh and log all my food very strictly, though I've eased up on that recently. Even so, my weight has stayed steady, at most dropping 1 pound per week. I have noticed some improvement when I'm in a decent calorie surplus, which makes sense, but I don't want to gain weight until the weather turns colder. Thanks again for getting back to me!
It's true that mots-c has the ability to bring your blood sugar down — that's what happened in my case. Going from 94 to 83 was my fasting glucose, and my fasting insulin went from 19 to 20, roughly cut in half. As for my triglycerides, they went from 264 down to 143. My metabolism had been broken, and Motsc assisted in fixing it. Extra energy, however, was never something it gave me.
 
Turbo-Farmer said:


Mots-c can actually make your blood sugar lower. It did for me. My fasting glucose level dropped from 94 to 83, my fasting insulin level dropped by about half from 19 to 20. My triglycerides dropped from 264 to 143. My metabolism was in disrepair and Motsc helped to repair it. It never gave me any extra energy though.

Click to expand...
A few months back, before I started any peptides, I got bloodwork done — I believe I was fasting — and my glucose came back at 59. These days, when I prick my finger in the morning, it tends to sit somewhere between 60 and 75. Nothing in my stack has shifted that as far as I can tell, but I keep testing anyway, just to catch it if something goes badly sideways.
 
Turbo-Farmer said:


Mots-c can actually make your blood sugar lower. It did for me. My fasting glucose level dropped from 94 to 83, my fasting insulin level dropped by about half from 19 to 20. My triglycerides dropped from 264 to 143. My metabolism was in disrepair and Motsc helped to repair it. It never gave me any extra energy though.

Click to expand...
What's the mechanism behind MOTS-C dropping blood sugar? Does it happen through increased energy production? You mentioned it didn't boost your energy at all, but my experience has been completely different—since I started dosing it in the morning with caffeine prior to weight training, I've felt amazing. Once MOTS-C entered the picture, the change was like night and day. I had tremendous energy, felt like nothing could stop me, and kept pushing even while deep into a fasted state.
 
Crowreap said:


How can MOTS-C make your blood sugar lower? Is it because it gives you more energy? I know you said it never gave you extra energy, but for me, I've been feeling fantastic on it since I take it in the morning along with caffeine before I lift weights. And I noticed a night and day difference after I added MOTS-C. It gave me insane amounts of energy and I felt unstoppable and keeping going despite being in a very fasted state.

Click to expand...
Its effect is to bring mitochondrial function back up and to boost insulin sensitivity.

When I take a dose, my endurance goes up — I can go a bit quicker and cover more distance than I usually would. My body runs more efficiently. Still, next to 5-amino, the difference is not dramatic.
 
Crowreap said:


How can MOTS-C make your blood sugar lower? Is it because it gives you more energy? I know you said it never gave you extra energy, but for me, I've been feeling fantastic on it since I take it in the morning along with caffeine before I lift weights. And I noticed a night and day difference after I added MOTS-C. It gave me insane amounts of energy and I felt unstoppable and keeping going despite being in a very fasted state.

Click to expand...
What protocol did you follow for dosing? Perhaps I'm on the younger side, but 5mg taken 3 days each week didn't produce any effect I could detect. How much time passed before the boost in energy became noticeable to you?
 
TurnipMate said:


What dosing protocol did you use? maybe i’m too young but I didn’t notice anything from doing 5mg 3 days a week. How long did it take you to notice the energy increase?

Click to expand...
I take 5mg each morning on an empty stomach, and that appears to do the trick for me. I began with 1mg and gradually increased the dose.
 
Back
Top