Endotoxins: what are they, and should we worry?

toadking

Explorer
Joined
Jul 9, 2026
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Location
Niagara falls NY
Since going on GLPs a new word has entered my vocabulary - Endotoxins. What are they? What exactly do they do? Why should they worry us? How does the body clear them out? Where do they come from? My questions outnumber the answers.

From there I learned about endotoxins in the body, and the way nutrition, obesity and fiber affect our internal levels.

The paper's conclusion is that what we eat may matter for endotoxemia and low-grade inflammation, with two possible routes: the meals themselves, and/or the microbiota that ends up established. Large amounts of saturated fat, animal products and refined carbohydrate may induce endotoxemia more markedly than diets built on fiber-rich plant-based food. Whether that plant-based pattern is relevant for suppressing inflammation during infectious disease is not known and awaits further studies.


Checking your browser - reCAPTCHA


After reading this I'll most likely be skipping the cream in my morning coffee. A huge change for someone who came from keto/carnivore/mediterranean to maintain or lose weight in the past.

Anyone holding more info, or willing to share personal experience with endotoxins, leaky gut, endotoxemia, or inflammation - please contribute
 
BPC, KPV, GHK-Cu, GLPs and TA1 are among the peptides that might be useful for leaky gut.
 
toadking said:

Since going on GLPs a new word has entered my vocabulary - Endotoxins. What are they? What exactly do they do? Why should they worry us? How does the body clear them out? Where do they come from? My questions outnumber the answers.

From there I learned about endotoxins in the body, and the way nutrition, obesity and fiber affect our internal levels.

The paper's conclusion is that what we eat may matter for endotoxemia and low-grade inflammation, with two possible routes: the meals themselves, and/or the microbiota that ends up established. Large amounts of saturated fat, animal products and refined carbohydrate may induce endotoxemia more markedly than diets built on fiber-rich plant-based food. Whether that plant-based pattern is relevant for suppressing inflammation during infectious disease is not known and awaits further studies.


Checking your browser - reCAPTCHA


After reading this I'll most likely be skipping the cream in my morning coffee. A huge change for someone who came from keto/carnivore/mediterranean to maintain or lose weight in the past.

Anyone holding more info, or willing to share personal experience with endotoxins, leaky gut, endotoxemia, or inflammation - please contribute
Cream being a problem is news to me, unless lactose intolerance is involved. Good luck with it though — half and half in my morning coffee is not something I could give up. At my age it's one of the few enjoyments I have left. 😆
 
sheilarae74 said:

toadking said:

Since going on GLPs a new word has entered my vocabulary - Endotoxins. What are they? What exactly do they do? Why should they worry us? How does the body clear them out? Where do they come from? My questions outnumber the answers.

From there I learned about endotoxins in the body, and the way nutrition, obesity and fiber affect our internal levels.

The paper's conclusion is that what we eat may matter for endotoxemia and low-grade inflammation, with two possible routes: the meals themselves, and/or the microbiota that ends up established. Large amounts of saturated fat, animal products and refined carbohydrate may induce endotoxemia more markedly than diets built on fiber-rich plant-based food. Whether that plant-based pattern is relevant for suppressing inflammation during infectious disease is not known and awaits further studies.


Checking your browser - reCAPTCHA


After reading this I'll most likely be skipping the cream in my morning coffee. A huge change for someone who came from keto/carnivore/mediterranean to maintain or lose weight in the past.

Anyone holding more info, or willing to share personal experience with endotoxins, leaky gut, endotoxemia, or inflammation - please contribute
Cream being a problem is news to me, unless lactose intolerance is involved. Good luck with it though — half and half in my morning coffee is not something I could give up. At my age it's one of the few enjoyments I have left. 😆
What I've found is that, for all my lifelong sweet tooth, the cream matters more to me in coffee than the sweetener does. Coffee without cream is something I'd rather go without entirely. That said, a few decent lactose-free alternatives might exist.
 
FartfulCodger said:

sheilarae74 said:

toadking said:

Since going on GLPs a new word has entered my vocabulary - Endotoxins. What are they? What exactly do they do? Why should they worry us? How does the body clear them out? Where do they come from? My questions outnumber the answers.

From there I learned about endotoxins in the body, and the way nutrition, obesity and fiber affect our internal levels.

The paper's conclusion is that what we eat may matter for endotoxemia and low-grade inflammation, with two possible routes: the meals themselves, and/or the microbiota that ends up established. Large amounts of saturated fat, animal products and refined carbohydrate may induce endotoxemia more markedly than diets built on fiber-rich plant-based food. Whether that plant-based pattern is relevant for suppressing inflammation during infectious disease is not known and awaits further studies.


Checking your browser - reCAPTCHA


After reading this I'll most likely be skipping the cream in my morning coffee. A huge change for someone who came from keto/carnivore/mediterranean to maintain or lose weight in the past.

Anyone holding more info, or willing to share personal experience with endotoxins, leaky gut, endotoxemia, or inflammation - please contribute
Cream being a problem is news to me, unless lactose intolerance is involved. Good luck with it though — half and half in my morning coffee is not something I could give up. At my age it's one of the few enjoyments I have left. 😆
What I've found is that, for all my lifelong sweet tooth, the cream matters more to me in coffee than the sweetener does. Coffee without cream is something I'd rather go without entirely. That said, a few decent lactose-free alternatives might exist.
Same here. Cream or the coffee goes. Powdered creamer was what I used years ago, but since switching to half and half the powdered stuff tastes nutty to me. Back in my fasting days I even tried it black, and it killed my coffee joy.
 
Back
Top