Endocrinologist swapped my TRT to Reandron

Omxxl

Explorer
Joined
Mar 6, 2026
Messages
161
Reaction score
0
Location
Europa
Hey everyone.

I'm a 47-year-old guy. My TRT journey began in 2022 while I was in the US, where I was injecting 200 mg of cypionate each week. Once I relocated back to Spain, the prescription became 125 mg of enanthate per week.

That protocol has been running for 4 months now. My labs look great, and my body fat has gone from 26% down to 14%. Over the past 3 weeks I've added HGH at 2 IU per day, and the physical results have me genuinely pleased.

Earlier today I went for my follow-up appointment with the endocrinologist through the Spanish public health system, and I walked out seriously irritated: he pulled me off the weekly enanthate and put me on Reandron (testosterone undecanoate) 1000 mg every 3 months.

How would you handle this? Should I just go along with the Reandron change, or would it be smarter to get enanthate/cypionate through my own sources and keep running the protocol that was already working?
 
Omxxl said:

Hey everyone.

I'm a 47-year-old guy. My TRT journey began in 2022 while I was in the US, where I was injecting 200 mg of cypionate each week. Once I relocated back to Spain, the prescription became 125 mg of enanthate per week.

That protocol has been running for 4 months now. My labs look great, and my body fat has gone from 26% down to 14%. Over the past 3 weeks I've added HGH at 2 IU per day, and the physical results have me genuinely pleased.

Earlier today I went for my follow-up appointment with the endocrinologist through the Spanish public health system, and I walked out seriously irritated: he pulled me off the weekly enanthate and put me on Reandron (testosterone undecanoate) 1000 mg every 3 months.

How would you handle this? Should I just go along with the Reandron change, or would it be smarter to get enanthate/cypionate through my own sources and keep running the protocol that was already working?
If it were me, I'd move over to my own supply. I've got a vial from a doctor's prescription, so bringing it along on longer journeys isn't a problem (yesterday I injected while at a hotel), but apart from that I get it myself since doing so costs far less. For my own part, an injection that lasts that long isn't something I'd want. Also, a schedule of 3 months doesn't strike me as correct. My understanding was that at the beginning you need to inject more often. On top of that, there's no way to know how quickly your body will essentially break it down, so with 3 months you'd probably still need to adjust the dose. Having shots every 2 weeks gives me a lot more control, which I prefer. I'm not aware of any doctors in the USA who still suggest that either. My impression was that it's mostly just about convenience.
 
A weekly amount of 200mg doesn't look right to me...that isn't the usual TRT protocol.

The typical protocol tops out at 125mg per week. Doses beyond that are usually what bodybuilders use. More testosterone also drives estrogen up, and elevated estrogen is what gives you man-boobs.

Like the others said, it's better to get your own test. You save money and you decide how much you take.

For me, test cypionate is the one I prefer.
 
One upside of test-u is that, down the line, test levels tend to even out more, which means the cardiovascular system faces less strain and hematocrit doesn't climb as much.
 
Calm Logic said:

One upside of test-u is that, down the line, test levels tend to even out more, which means the cardiovascular system faces less strain and hematocrit doesn't climb as much.
Would that still hold true when measured against daily subq injections? That's the usual claim regarding R, though I suspect the issue lies in the later phase — which explains why folks need to figure out if it's every 10, 12, or 14 weeks and so on. Since I've never used R personally, I honestly can't say.
 
Gt3294a said:

Calm Logic said:

One upside of test-u is that, down the line, test levels tend to even out more, which means the cardiovascular system faces less strain and hematocrit doesn't climb as much.
Would that still hold true when measured against daily subq injections? That's the usual claim regarding R, though I suspect the issue lies in the later phase — which explains why folks need to figure out if it's every 10, 12, or 14 weeks and so on. Since I've never used R personally, I honestly can't say.
Not really, particularly when you're talking about a big test-u dose such as 1,000 mg in a single shot.
 
If it were me, I'd get my own supply. Your doctor's decision to make a change this big doesn't make sense to me. There's no reason to change something that's working. I wasn't even aware test-u was still being prescribed or used by anyone.
 
boerboel said:

A weekly amount of 200mg doesn't look right to me...that isn't the usual TRT protocol.

The typical protocol tops out at 125mg per week. Doses beyond that are usually what bodybuilders use. More testosterone also drives estrogen up, and elevated estrogen is what gives you man-boobs.

Like the others said, it's better to get your own test. You save money and you decide how much you take.

For me, test cypionate is the one I prefer.
Across the US, weekly TRT doses can be anywhere from 70mg to 250mg. Each person responds differently, so the amount needed varies. My own regimen is 150mg of test-c, which puts my total test at 1100 and my e2 at 50. A friend of mine is on 250mg and his total sits near 850 with an e2 of 35. No single protocol works for everyone, and trying to force one is exactly how situations like the OP's come about. His doctor is following a protocol he believes is right and prescribing it without adjusting it to the individual patient.
 
Tbagger said:

boerboel said:

A weekly amount of 200mg doesn't look right to me...that isn't the usual TRT protocol.

The typical protocol tops out at 125mg per week. Doses beyond that are usually what bodybuilders use. More testosterone also drives estrogen up, and elevated estrogen is what gives you man-boobs.

Like the others said, it's better to get your own test. You save money and you decide how much you take.

For me, test cypionate is the one I prefer.
Across the US, weekly TRT doses can be anywhere from 70mg to 250mg. Each person responds differently, so the amount needed varies. My own regimen is 150mg of test-c, which puts my total test at 1100 and my e2 at 50. A friend of mine is on 250mg and his total sits near 850 with an e2 of 35. No single protocol works for everyone, and trying to force one is exactly how situations like the OP's come about. His doctor is following a protocol he believes is right and prescribing it without adjusting it to the individual patient.
Wow, when I was on 250mg of test cyp per week, my total t came back at 2028ng/dl, but my e2 was elevated at 118pg/ml
 
Volkswagen57 said:

Tbagger said:

boerboel said:

A weekly amount of 200mg doesn't look right to me...that isn't the usual TRT protocol.

The typical protocol tops out at 125mg per week. Doses beyond that are usually what bodybuilders use. More testosterone also drives estrogen up, and elevated estrogen is what gives you man-boobs.

Like the others said, it's better to get your own test. You save money and you decide how much you take.

For me, test cypionate is the one I prefer.
Across the US, weekly TRT doses can be anywhere from 70mg to 250mg. Each person responds differently, so the amount needed varies. My own regimen is 150mg of test-c, which puts my total test at 1100 and my e2 at 50. A friend of mine is on 250mg and his total sits near 850 with an e2 of 35. No single protocol works for everyone, and trying to force one is exactly how situations like the OP's come about. His doctor is following a protocol he believes is right and prescribing it without adjusting it to the individual patient.
Wow, when I was on 250mg of test cyp per week, my total t came back at 2028ng/dl, but my e2 was elevated at 118pg/ml
That really shows how much e2 can differ from person to person. I checked my old results again, and even at about 400mg my e2 stayed slightly below 50. For me, taking .125 Armidex on injection day was more than enough. But these days some doctors include an AI as standard with any 200mg TRT. What was your bfp at the time your e2 got that high?
 
Gt3294a said:

Volkswagen57 said:

Tbagger said:

boerboel said:

A weekly amount of 200mg doesn't look right to me...that isn't the usual TRT protocol.

The typical protocol tops out at 125mg per week. Doses beyond that are usually what bodybuilders use. More testosterone also drives estrogen up, and elevated estrogen is what gives you man-boobs.

Like the others said, it's better to get your own test. You save money and you decide how much you take.

For me, test cypionate is the one I prefer.
Across the US, weekly TRT doses can be anywhere from 70mg to 250mg. Each person responds differently, so the amount needed varies. My own regimen is 150mg of test-c, which puts my total test at 1100 and my e2 at 50. A friend of mine is on 250mg and his total sits near 850 with an e2 of 35. No single protocol works for everyone, and trying to force one is exactly how situations like the OP's come about. His doctor is following a protocol he believes is right and prescribing it without adjusting it to the individual patient.
Wow, when I was on 250mg of test cyp per week, my total t came back at 2028ng/dl, but my e2 was elevated at 118pg/ml
That really shows how much e2 can differ from person to person. I checked my old results again, and even at about 400mg my e2 stayed slightly below 50. For me, taking .125 Armidex on injection day was more than enough. But these days some doctors include an AI as standard with any 200mg TRT. What was your bfp at the time your e2 got that high?
My body fat percentage is elevated — my "smart scale" puts it at 30.4%, and that reading is the only data point I have. Right now my dose sits at 100mg each week. I plan to get bloodwork done again through my primary doctor and decide next steps based on those results. The 250mg came from UGL and was something I prescribed myself. Once my e2 results came back, it clicked that carrying this much fat makes a high dose a bad idea for now. I'll revisit the whole thing after dropping more weight (since January I've gone from 235lbs down to 195lbs)
 
Volkswagen57 said:

Gt3294a said:

Volkswagen57 said:

Tbagger said:

boerboel said:

A weekly amount of 200mg doesn't look right to me...that isn't the usual TRT protocol.

The typical protocol tops out at 125mg per week. Doses beyond that are usually what bodybuilders use. More testosterone also drives estrogen up, and elevated estrogen is what gives you man-boobs.

Like the others said, it's better to get your own test. You save money and you decide how much you take.

For me, test cypionate is the one I prefer.
Across the US, weekly TRT doses can be anywhere from 70mg to 250mg. Each person responds differently, so the amount needed varies. My own regimen is 150mg of test-c, which puts my total test at 1100 and my e2 at 50. A friend of mine is on 250mg and his total sits near 850 with an e2 of 35. No single protocol works for everyone, and trying to force one is exactly how situations like the OP's come about. His doctor is following a protocol he believes is right and prescribing it without adjusting it to the individual patient.
Wow, when I was on 250mg of test cyp per week, my total t came back at 2028ng/dl, but my e2 was elevated at 118pg/ml
That really shows how much e2 can differ from person to person. I checked my old results again, and even at about 400mg my e2 stayed slightly below 50. For me, taking .125 Armidex on injection day was more than enough. But these days some doctors include an AI as standard with any 200mg TRT. What was your bfp at the time your e2 got that high?
My body fat percentage is elevated — my "smart scale" puts it at 30.4%, and that reading is the only data point I have. Right now my dose sits at 100mg each week. I plan to get bloodwork done again through my primary doctor and decide next steps based on those results. The 250mg came from UGL and was something I prescribed myself. Once my e2 results came back, it clicked that carrying this much fat makes a high dose a bad idea for now. I'll revisit the whole thing after dropping more weight (since January I've gone from 235lbs down to 195lbs)
I had the exact same thought. I was about to point out that the bfp is still too high, though…. Once you cut down, yes, your e2 numbers should look very different. Best of luck!
 
Gt3294a said:

Volkswagen57 said:

Gt3294a said:

Volkswagen57 said:

Tbagger said:

boerboel said:

A weekly amount of 200mg doesn't look right to me...that isn't the usual TRT protocol.

The typical protocol tops out at 125mg per week. Doses beyond that are usually what bodybuilders use. More testosterone also drives estrogen up, and elevated estrogen is what gives you man-boobs.

Like the others said, it's better to get your own test. You save money and you decide how much you take.

For me, test cypionate is the one I prefer.
Across the US, weekly TRT doses can be anywhere from 70mg to 250mg. Each person responds differently, so the amount needed varies. My own regimen is 150mg of test-c, which puts my total test at 1100 and my e2 at 50. A friend of mine is on 250mg and his total sits near 850 with an e2 of 35. No single protocol works for everyone, and trying to force one is exactly how situations like the OP's come about. His doctor is following a protocol he believes is right and prescribing it without adjusting it to the individual patient.
Wow, when I was on 250mg of test cyp per week, my total t came back at 2028ng/dl, but my e2 was elevated at 118pg/ml
That really shows how much e2 can differ from person to person. I checked my old results again, and even at about 400mg my e2 stayed slightly below 50. For me, taking .125 Armidex on injection day was more than enough. But these days some doctors include an AI as standard with any 200mg TRT. What was your bfp at the time your e2 got that high?
My body fat percentage is elevated — my "smart scale" puts it at 30.4%, and that reading is the only data point I have. Right now my dose sits at 100mg each week. I plan to get bloodwork done again through my primary doctor and decide next steps based on those results. The 250mg came from UGL and was something I prescribed myself. Once my e2 results came back, it clicked that carrying this much fat makes a high dose a bad idea for now. I'll revisit the whole thing after dropping more weight (since January I've gone from 235lbs down to 195lbs)
I had the exact same thought. I was about to point out that the bfp is still too high, though…. Once you cut down, yes, your e2 numbers should look very different. Best of luck!
I was aware of that, but I did enjoy the high total and free testosterone numbers anecdotally. Still, I'll need to hold off until I've dropped more fat.
 
boerboel said:

A weekly amount of 200mg doesn't look right to me...that isn't the usual TRT protocol.

The typical protocol tops out at 125mg per week. Doses beyond that are usually what bodybuilders use. More testosterone also drives estrogen up, and elevated estrogen is what gives you man-boobs.

Like the others said, it's better to get your own test. You save money and you decide how much you take.

For me, test cypionate is the one I prefer.
Wat een onzin. Wanneer je shbg-waarde aan de hoge kant is, dan heb je meer testosteron nodig om een behoorlijke waarde te bereiken. En mocht je bij 200 mg last krijgen van borstvorming, dan ben je simpelweg te zwaar. Met een vetpercentage van 15 à 16 procent ondervind je daar niets van. Daarboven wel, omdat vetcellen oestrogeen bevatten. En dat komt vrij door de synergie met testosteron. Laat je bloed prikken en probeer tussen 900 en 1000 pmol/l uit te komen. Dan heb je het testosteronniveau te pakken zoals toen je 21 jaar was. Voor sommigen kan 125 mg testosteron toereikend zijn, maar het is beslist geen one size fits all-oplossing.
 
Calm Logic said:

One upside of test-u is that, down the line, test levels tend to even out more, which means the cardiovascular system faces less strain and hematocrit doesn't climb as much.

At every dose I've tried, my hematocrit keeps climbing, and that's been a real problem for me. I was hoping you might know something from your own experience about the claim of "less elevation of hematocrit"? Thanks.
 
MTSpace said:

Calm Logic said:

One upside of test-u is that, down the line, test levels tend to even out more, which means the cardiovascular system faces less strain and hematocrit doesn't climb as much.

At every dose I've tried, my hematocrit keeps climbing, and that's been a real problem for me. I was hoping you might know something from your own experience about the claim of "less elevation of hematocrit"? Thanks.
From my own experience, 2 things: donating blood every 3 months, and keeping b12 from getting too high.
 
Gt3294a said:

MTSpace said:

Calm Logic said:

One upside of test-u is that, down the line, test levels tend to even out more, which means the cardiovascular system faces less strain and hematocrit doesn't climb as much.

At every dose I've tried, my hematocrit keeps climbing, and that's been a real problem for me. I was hoping you might know something from your own experience about the claim of "less elevation of hematocrit"? Thanks.
From my own experience, 2 things: donating blood every 3 months, and keeping b12 from getting too high.
I'll throw in my own take: plenty of folks doubt that high b12 drives hematocrit up, yet you wanted firsthand accounts. That said, the blood donation advice is something TRT physicians do pass along.
 
You may be better off getting it yourself. That gives you tighter control over your levels, so you can steer clear of big peaks and crashes.
 
Omxxl said:

Hey everyone.

I'm a 47-year-old guy. My TRT journey began in 2022 while I was in the US, where I was injecting 200 mg of cypionate each week. Once I relocated back to Spain, the prescription became 125 mg of enanthate per week.

That protocol has been running for 4 months now. My labs look great, and my body fat has gone from 26% down to 14%. Over the past 3 weeks I've added HGH at 2 IU per day, and the physical results have me genuinely pleased.

Earlier today I went for my follow-up appointment with the endocrinologist through the Spanish public health system, and I walked out seriously irritated: he pulled me off the weekly enanthate and put me on Reandron (testosterone undecanoate) 1000 mg every 3 months.

How would you handle this? Should I just go along with the Reandron change, or would it be smarter to get enanthate/cypionate through my own sources and keep running the protocol that was already working?

Straight take: for someone committing to lifelong TRT, with no cycling plans and a preference for doctor-managed replacement, Reandron works well if the goal is fewer injections.

That said, your physician's dosing plan is questionable. Look at how Reandron behaves in the blood — half life of 53 days — when the schedule is 1000mg per 90 days.

The peaks and troughs are extreme, man. Reandron itself is fine, but your doctor should be smoothing out those hormone fluctuations. Across 1 year you're bouncing between the 1500s and 400-500.





af6428a5a1f9ffc2c7c9c3eba7de63afc81b508f79abf05267e7afd040171254.webp


Shots of 333 each month look far more reasonable

4c2adc9dd2d3f18be1d51d149dec8f8f25e32d58fee42ea0cd4dbdd441abc586.webp
 
Gt3294a said:

Gt3294a said:

MTSpace said:

Calm Logic said:

One upside of test-u is that, down the line, test levels tend to even out more, which means the cardiovascular system faces less strain and hematocrit doesn't climb as much.

At every dose I've tried, my hematocrit keeps climbing, and that's been a real problem for me. I was hoping you might know something from your own experience about the claim of "less elevation of hematocrit"? Thanks.
From my own experience, 2 things: donating blood every 3 months, and keeping b12 from getting too high.
I'll throw in my own take: plenty of folks doubt that high b12 drives hematocrit up, yet you wanted firsthand accounts. That said, the blood donation advice is something TRT physicians do pass along.
My TRT is managed by my primary doctor, though I see a hematologist for phlebotomies when they're needed. The main issue: it tanks my iron/ferritin and brings on a whole range of unpleasant symptoms. I've also come across information that elevated b12 contributes to producing more red blood cells, which can push hematocrit up. Thanks for the reminder!
 
Back
Top