Elevated Ferritin

Rockybalboa

Explorer
Joined
Sep 8, 2025
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Location
Sweden
Hi,

Is there anyone else dealing with elevated ferritin?

Mine has been high for quite a while, sitting at 700 +

My bloodwork and iron panel come back perfect aside from the ferritin. Liver markers are perfect too.

Anyone else in the same boat?

If so, what do you do when phlebotomy isn't an option?

There's a protocol from Trevor Bachmeyer on Rumble.

I'm leaning toward giving it a try.
 
Rockybalboa said:

Hi,

Is there anyone else dealing with elevated ferritin?

Mine has been high for quite a while, sitting at 700 +

My bloodwork and iron panel come back perfect aside from the ferritin. Liver markers are perfect too.

Anyone else in the same boat?

If so, what do you do when phlebotomy isn't an option?

There's a protocol from Trevor Bachmeyer on Rumble.

I'm leaning toward giving it a try.
My levels are actually on the low end. When I had bloodwork done for TRT, the ferritin came back at 8.96, which is low. All my other results fell within normal limits. Based on what I've read on my own, it's possible that the Reta is changing how my digestion works? Around the time of that blood draw, I had gone up to 4mg and was dealing with sulfur burps and the runs.

After that I dropped back to 2mg, I take iron supplement pills every now and then, and I'll get tested again soon to figure out what needs adjusting. The burps and diarrhea stopped once I lowered my dose.
 
Rockybalboa said:

Hi,

Is there anyone else dealing with elevated ferritin?

Mine has been high for quite a while, sitting at 700 +

My bloodwork and iron panel come back perfect aside from the ferritin. Liver markers are perfect too.

Anyone else in the same boat?

If so, what do you do when phlebotomy isn't an option?

There's a protocol from Trevor Bachmeyer on Rumble.

I'm leaning toward giving it a try.
Look into Hemochromatosis — there are additional markers you can test before pursuing genetic testing that might point in that direction... or toward some variant of it.

It's important to figure out the root cause, and therapeutic donations could be an option for keeping it in check. When levels stay elevated like that for an extended period, they cause serious damage to your blood vessels and, in turn, your organs.
 
Jfrick11 said:

Rockybalboa said:

Hi,

Is there anyone else dealing with elevated ferritin?

Mine has been high for quite a while, sitting at 700 +

My bloodwork and iron panel come back perfect aside from the ferritin. Liver markers are perfect too.

Anyone else in the same boat?

If so, what do you do when phlebotomy isn't an option?

There's a protocol from Trevor Bachmeyer on Rumble.

I'm leaning toward giving it a try.
Look into Hemochromatosis — there are additional markers you can test before pursuing genetic testing that might point in that direction... or toward some variant of it.

It's important to figure out the root cause, and therapeutic donations could be an option for keeping it in check. When levels stay elevated like that for an extended period, they cause serious damage to your blood vessels and, in turn, your organs.
I'm on the same page — my case is hereditary Hemochromotosis, specifically the H63D/H63D variant. At its worst, my ferritin reached 500 plus.
 
Rockybalboa said:

Hi,

Is there anyone else dealing with elevated ferritin?

Mine has been high for quite a while, sitting at 700 +

My bloodwork and iron panel come back perfect aside from the ferritin. Liver markers are perfect too.

Anyone else in the same boat?

If so, what do you do when phlebotomy isn't an option?

There's a protocol from Trevor Bachmeyer on Rumble.

I'm leaning toward giving it a try.
A specialist—likely a haematologist—should be the one to address this. Hemochromatosis needs to be ruled out, since it can cause significant long-term harm and is relatively manageable to treat.
 
Get inflammation markers checked. Ferritin can sometimes show falsely high levels because of inflammation.
 
laansasa said:

Get inflammation markers checked. Ferritin can sometimes show falsely high levels because of inflammation.
Exactly! In my case, the culprit was inflammation caused by IBS. My hs-CRP was consistently elevated as well. Once I got the IBS under control (which took a lot of effort), my ferritin began moving back toward the normal range.
 
Mine came back at 455, though a gout flare skewed the number, so ask for iron studies on your next draw to sort it out.

Ferritin is how the body stores iron, particularly when you're fasting (glps), but when red blood cells look fine and ALT/AST stay normal, rapid weight loss can be another source.
 
Rockybalboa said:

Hi,

Is there anyone else dealing with elevated ferritin?

Mine has been high for quite a while, sitting at 700 +

My bloodwork and iron panel come back perfect aside from the ferritin. Liver markers are perfect too.

Anyone else in the same boat?

If so, what do you do when phlebotomy isn't an option?

There's a protocol from Trevor Bachmeyer on Rumble.

I'm leaning toward giving it a try.
Rocky, I felt I needed to come back to you on this. Book an appointment and request a full blood cell count, plus platelet and white cell counts.

Just so you know, it turned out that my elevated ferritin, together with a spleen that was enlarged, got looked at through an ultrasound — and the result is that I have lymphoma.

What lies ahead for me is still unknown; I am waiting to see a haematologist so they can run more tests and give me a diagnosis. Still, the lesson is clear: do not stay away from the doctor over whatever you might be taking.

I will be honest, the future scares me, but discovering this and pushing to investigate is something I am hugely relieved about, because now I understand what I am up against.

When inflammation is present, the body raises ferritin as a way to hold on to iron. In my own case there was nothing I could feel — no discomfort, no ache — just a lump beneath my left rib once I had dropped 27kgs. An underlying condition could be behind it, exactly as happened with me.

Wishing you the best, mate
 
My ferritin came back at 470. I plan to get tested again to check whether it remains elevated, and then decide what to do based on those results.
 
Back
Top