Early morning lifters: when do you dose Mot-c?

jimmyjames01 said:

Getting on TRT cannot come soon enough for me.

Bloods are tomorrow, and with any luck this baby plus the missing sleep have driven my test levels down even further.

Attempted it 6 months back but landed just above the acceptable TRT range.
TRT wasn't something I was pursuing. My visit to the doctor was driven by severe depression.

The cause turned out to be testosterone levels that were EXTREMELY low. Production had shut down in my body.

After seeing an endocrinologist, I got my first injection, and just 2 hours later I felt GREAT !

Hard to believe it all came down to low test. And the depression vanished...2 hours after !!!
 
CharlieBrown said:

jimmyjames01 said:

Getting on TRT cannot come soon enough for me.

Bloods are tomorrow, and with any luck this baby plus the missing sleep have driven my test levels down even further.

Attempted it 6 months back but landed just above the acceptable TRT range.
TRT wasn't something I was pursuing. My visit to the doctor was driven by severe depression.

The cause turned out to be testosterone levels that were EXTREMELY low. Production had shut down in my body.

After seeing an endocrinologist, I got my first injection, and just 2 hours later I felt GREAT !

Hard to believe it all came down to low test. And the depression vanished...2 hours after !!!
That's a great outcome, really glad to hear it.

Can you recall your free and total test numbers from that period?
 
Slightly off track, though it still fits the early gym crowd in this thread. What's your usual bedtime, folks?

My first ever 4:30am session happened, and instead of the usual swarm of broccoli heads it was empty, so I got a great workout with zero machine queues.

I'd only gone to bed around 11pm the previous night, so clearly not ideal, but I'm curious how the rest of you manage it.
 
Estarossa19 said:

Slightly off track, though it still fits the early gym crowd in this thread. What's your usual bedtime, folks?

My first ever 4:30am session happened, and instead of the usual swarm of broccoli heads it was empty, so I got a great workout with zero machine queues.

I'd only gone to bed around 11pm the previous night, so clearly not ideal, but I'm curious how the rest of you manage it.
This week I've been hitting the gym at 3:30am, and I usually turn in once the baby is settled, somewhere around 7-7:30pm.

At that hour there are just 2 other people training, which is great. I stick to a strict gym plan and really dislike having to deviate because some broccoli head has occupied a machine.
 
jimmyjames01 said:

CharlieBrown said:

jimmyjames01 said:

Getting on TRT cannot come soon enough for me.

Bloods are tomorrow, and with any luck this baby plus the missing sleep have driven my test levels down even further.

Attempted it 6 months back but landed just above the acceptable TRT range.
TRT wasn't something I was pursuing. My visit to the doctor was driven by severe depression.

The cause turned out to be testosterone levels that were EXTREMELY low. Production had shut down in my body.

After seeing an endocrinologist, I got my first injection, and just 2 hours later I felt GREAT !

Hard to believe it all came down to low test. And the depression vanished...2 hours after !!!
That's a great outcome, really glad to hear it.

Can you recall your free and total test numbers from that period?
The exact figure escapes me, though I do recall the endocrinologist remarking that he had never encountered numbers that low. I suppose that reflects several months without producing... 😢
 
Estarossa19 said:

Slightly off track, though it still fits the early gym crowd in this thread. What's your usual bedtime, folks?

My first ever 4:30am session happened, and instead of the usual swarm of broccoli heads it was empty, so I got a great workout with zero machine queues.

I'd only gone to bed around 11pm the previous night, so clearly not ideal, but I'm curious how the rest of you manage it.
I needed to look up broccoli head.....lol

My bedtime is typically 930pm, though as a senior that's just how it goes. Come 4am I'm awake, and falling back asleep properly rarely happens.

My gym visit is at 8am (not 745), once the working class has cleared out. Going a little early was a mistake I made......well, that won't happen again. Walking into the change room and seeing a fat hairy naked ass is not something I want 🤢🤢🤢
 
DeeSol said:

jimmyjames01 said:

DeeSol said:

I workout @ 5am. I'm up at 4/415 am. MOTS-C shot goes in around 4:25am. Timing shouldn't make much difference as long as you get it into your system (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

I'd been dosing it daily @ 1-1.5mg each morning, and have just recently switched to 2.5mg MWF to cut down the injection frequency. Tbh I haven't noticed much of a difference.
Do you have pre-workout or eat something before training, or does mot-c alone carry you through the session?

I just came across info saying it needs to be taken fasted, and now I'm concerned that taking pre-workout and carbs soon afterward means I'm not getting the full benefit.
Indeed! Back when I took it daily, I'd use it before training. I'd still consume carbs from EAAs plus Cluster Dextrin (totaling 25-30g carbs) along with a caffeine tablet prior to or during my session. If not, I'd become Hypoglycemic.

Honestly, I believe you're okay whether you consume carbs or stay fasted. Ultimately, it comes down to your calorie deficit. Worth mentioning, mots-c clearly enhances insulin sensitivity, so it helps direct carbs into your muscles more effectively.

CharlieBrown said:

DeeSol said:

I workout @ 5am. I'm up at 4/415 am. MOTS-C shot goes in around 4:25am. Timing shouldn't make much difference as long as you get it into your system (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

I'd been dosing it daily @ 1-1.5mg each morning, and have just recently switched to 2.5mg MWF to cut down the injection frequency. Tbh I haven't noticed much of a difference.
What's your total time on it so far?

I'm only 2 weeks in myself and haven't felt a thing either.

Week 1 I ran 1mg daily, after that I moved to the standard 5mg 3x/wk (Mon-Wed-Fri).

I've been using it since last October. Honestly, I don't perceive much from it other than improved insulin sensitivity, which I verified with my CGM. But I've never experienced an energetic or stimulant effect from it. I sort of see it as 'software running in the background' simply maintaining optimal conditions. 😅

What's your experience with the 5mg MWF dosing? Any changes you've noticed?

jimmyjames01 said:

Have

CharlieBrown said:

DeeSol said:

jimmyjames01 said:

DeeSol said:

I workout @ 5am. I'm up at 4/415 am. MOTS-C shot goes in around 4:25am. Timing shouldn't make much difference as long as you get it into your system (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

I'd been dosing it daily @ 1-1.5mg each morning, and have just recently switched to 2.5mg MWF to cut down the injection frequency. Tbh I haven't noticed much of a difference.
Do you have pre-workout or eat something before training, or does mot-c alone carry you through the session?

I just came across info saying it needs to be taken fasted, and now I'm concerned that taking pre-workout and carbs soon afterward means I'm not getting the full benefit.
Indeed! Back when I took it daily, I'd use it before training. I'd still consume carbs from EAAs plus Cluster Dextrin (totaling 25-30g carbs) along with a caffeine tablet prior to or during my session. If not, I'd become Hypoglycemic.

Honestly, I believe you're okay whether you consume carbs or stay fasted. Ultimately, it comes down to your calorie deficit. Worth mentioning, mots-c clearly enhances insulin sensitivity, so it helps direct carbs into your muscles more effectively.

CharlieBrown said:

DeeSol said:

I workout @ 5am. I'm up at 4/415 am. MOTS-C shot goes in around 4:25am. Timing shouldn't make much difference as long as you get it into your system (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

I'd been dosing it daily @ 1-1.5mg each morning, and have just recently switched to 2.5mg MWF to cut down the injection frequency. Tbh I haven't noticed much of a difference.
What's your total time on it so far?

I'm only 2 weeks in myself and haven't felt a thing either.

Week 1 I ran 1mg daily, after that I moved to the standard 5mg 3x/wk (Mon-Wed-Fri).

I've been using it since last October. Honestly, I don't perceive much from it other than improved insulin sensitivity, which I verified with my CGM. But I've never experienced an energetic or stimulant effect from it. I sort of see it as 'software running in the background' simply maintaining optimal conditions. 😅

What's your experience with the 5mg MWF dosing? Any changes you've noticed?
Nothing has stood out to me so far. The only thing I can go on is the bodybuilding forum, where people go on and on about the energy boost it gives them. Honestly, I figured I'd feel like I'd knocked back 10 espressos...lol

And the idea that my mitochondrial is damaged? I can't accept that. There's no sign or evidence pointing that way.

M-W-F is what I picked, simply because pinning it every day wasn't something I wanted to do. I'll stick with it and see.
Has your workout endurance shifted at all?

This morning I went with 3ml ahead of legs, and once a full hour of heavy leg work was done, I still had the feeling I could keep going.

A clear change, no question.

Could be placebo, though.
ALRIGHT.....yesterday I spent a lot of time reading and researching; before I ordered Mots-C I had already done plenty.

Still, seeing other people's posts about having tons of energy at the gym messed with my head. Once I cleared my mind, it finally clicked. Sorry if this is old news to you.

"Deesol" and I figured it would give a stim or energetic sensation, the way a pre-workout does.

That is NOT what it does. It is not a stimulant. Its reputation for boosting physical performance comes from being a mitochondrial-derived peptide that fine-tunes cellular metabolism and energy production.

So here is what I have observed since starting 1 1/2weeks ago.

1. Over 1 1/2 weeks I dropped 2lbs. To me that seems like a lot. During that stretch it is the biggest drop I have had this month. I am at 141lbs now. I can say with confidence that no lean muscle tissue has been lost. I will attach a pic I took at the gym today. According to my cheap weight scale, muscle mass rose by 0.2.

2. This could just be normal progressive overload, but with the same weight I added at least 1 rep to about 25% of my reps over the last week. I will need to keep an eye on this for the next few weeks.

3. I believe this matters most, and it backs up what "jimmyjames01" said. After my 90 minute workout I do not feel wiped out. Today I crossed the parking lot so quickly that I actually walked past my car....lol. It feels like I could keep training or head out for a run.

Bottom line, I think Mots-C is doing its job. My mistake was assuming there would be some kind of stim feeling.

And I will stick with the Mon-Wed-Fri 5mg pin because....The biological effects, including AMPK pathway activation and improved insulin sensitivity persist for 24–72 hours or longer, as the peptide triggers lasting changes in mitochondrial function and cellular metabolism.

Snapped this pic quickly this morning....




bddff7036c062d51c40db874c10bc7ccd7659664d452b0e1cef6343737299321.webp
 
Calm Logic said:

How does this Meso guidance strike you?:


https://thinksteroids.com/community/threads/reta-vs-mots-c-on-lean-bulk.134439941/


I'd steer away from mots-c on a bulk. It activates AMPK pathways which are counter to maximizing protein synthesis.

Click to expand...
Bulk isn't my aim. Since January I've dropped from 160lbs down to 141lb. Training has become a regular part of how I live, and naturally I want to hold onto muscle while using Reta.

Shirts that used to squeeze my biceps tightly now leave a 1 inch gap.

Here's what I'm working toward......

2765e52c46060e2aa77bba552c9e3c64091f4d4f46c64d7a1e179d793fecef97.webp
 
Back
Top