Early morning lifters: when do you dose Mot-c?

jimmyjames01

Explorer
Joined
Apr 26, 2026
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
Location
Brisbane
Looking for some guidance on Mot-c and how to time it while fasted.

My training starts at 4:30am, and I normally take just a pre-workout with extra carbs beforehand.

For those of you who hit the gym early, when do you take Mot-c? Can I take it before training and then eat carbs 30 minutes afterward?
 
I workout @ 5am. I'm up at 4/415 am. MOTS-C shot goes in around 4:25am. Timing shouldn't make much difference as long as you get it into your system (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

I'd been dosing it daily @ 1-1.5mg each morning, and have just recently switched to 2.5mg MWF to cut down the injection frequency. Tbh I haven't noticed much of a difference.
 
DeeSol said:

I workout @ 5am. I'm up at 4/415 am. MOTS-C shot goes in around 4:25am. Timing shouldn't make much difference as long as you get it into your system (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

I'd been dosing it daily @ 1-1.5mg each morning, and have just recently switched to 2.5mg MWF to cut down the injection frequency. Tbh I haven't noticed much of a difference.
Do you have pre-workout or eat something before training, or does mot-c alone carry you through the session?

I just came across info saying it needs to be taken fasted, and now I'm concerned that taking pre-workout and carbs soon afterward means I'm not getting the full benefit.
 
Every other morning at 5 a.m. I take 7mg on an empty stomach. Pairs really well with black coffee. I head to the gym around 8 a.m., do 20 min of cardio, then 40 min of lifting. The half-life may be short, but I notice it accumulating steadily right up until the next injection. Currently in week 5 out of 8. As far as peptides go, it's probably sharing second place with Tirz and Tesa for me. Back in November I used SS-31 for a month. Just restarted it, and this time I've combined it with Mots-c. Come May I'll take a break, though I'd rather not.
 
DeeSol said:

I workout @ 5am. I'm up at 4/415 am. MOTS-C shot goes in around 4:25am. Timing shouldn't make much difference as long as you get it into your system (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

I'd been dosing it daily @ 1-1.5mg each morning, and have just recently switched to 2.5mg MWF to cut down the injection frequency. Tbh I haven't noticed much of a difference.
What's your total time on it so far?

I'm only 2 weeks in myself and haven't felt a thing either.

Week 1 I ran 1mg daily, after that I moved to the standard 5mg 3x/wk (Mon-Wed-Fri).
 
chewonmysac said:

Every other morning at 5 a.m. I take 7mg on an empty stomach. Pairs really well with black coffee. I head to the gym around 8 a.m., do 20 min of cardio, then 40 min of lifting. The half-life may be short, but I notice it accumulating steadily right up until the next injection. Currently in week 5 out of 8. As far as peptides go, it's probably sharing second place with Tirz and Tesa for me. Back in November I used SS-31 for a month. Just restarted it, and this time I've combined it with Mots-c. Come May I'll take a break, though I'd rather not.
Once you began taking it, how much time passed before you felt any change?
 
CharlieBrown said:

chewonmysac said:

Every other morning at 5 a.m. I take 7mg on an empty stomach. Pairs really well with black coffee. I head to the gym around 8 a.m., do 20 min of cardio, then 40 min of lifting. The half-life may be short, but I notice it accumulating steadily right up until the next injection. Currently in week 5 out of 8. As far as peptides go, it's probably sharing second place with Tirz and Tesa for me. Back in November I used SS-31 for a month. Just restarted it, and this time I've combined it with Mots-c. Come May I'll take a break, though I'd rather not.
Once you began taking it, how much time passed before you felt any change?
The second dose was when it became obvious to me. Very smooth energy, without the shaky feeling you get from stimulants.
 
CharlieBrown said:

DeeSol said:

I workout @ 5am. I'm up at 4/415 am. MOTS-C shot goes in around 4:25am. Timing shouldn't make much difference as long as you get it into your system (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

I'd been dosing it daily @ 1-1.5mg each morning, and have just recently switched to 2.5mg MWF to cut down the injection frequency. Tbh I haven't noticed much of a difference.
What's your total time on it so far?

I'm only 2 weeks in myself and haven't felt a thing either.

Week 1 I ran 1mg daily, after that I moved to the standard 5mg 3x/wk (Mon-Wed-Fri).
I've been on 1mg each day as well, and the effects showed up fast. The first 3-4 days left me feeling drained, but now there's a steady low-level energy buzz - nothing dramatic, yet noticeable enough that I want to keep going.

Following what others have suggested, I might bump the dose up a bit and switch to every other day.
 
chewonmysac said:

CharlieBrown said:

chewonmysac said:

Every other morning at 5 a.m. I take 7mg on an empty stomach. Pairs really well with black coffee. I head to the gym around 8 a.m., do 20 min of cardio, then 40 min of lifting. The half-life may be short, but I notice it accumulating steadily right up until the next injection. Currently in week 5 out of 8. As far as peptides go, it's probably sharing second place with Tirz and Tesa for me. Back in November I used SS-31 for a month. Just restarted it, and this time I've combined it with Mots-c. Come May I'll take a break, though I'd rather not.
Once you began taking it, how much time passed before you felt any change?
The second dose was when it became obvious to me. Very smooth energy, without the shaky feeling you get from stimulants.

Appreciate it.

Honestly, I'm at a loss for words...

One change I've picked up on: the mild kick I used to feel from my pre-workout is gone. The product is Total War from Redcon1.
 
You early risers honestly weird me out a bit. Getting to sleep at that hour is already tough for me, never mind getting up... brrrr..

That said, training while fasted is great, assuming it lines up with what you're after. Regarding what it does, Mots-C acts as an exercise mimetic. Currently, every EM out there replicates the benefits of cardio/aerobic work. From the reports and feedback I've come across among Mots-C users, the felt effects of this peptide look a lot like what people on Clen describe, just gentler. Of course, the real point of Mots-C is the long-term mitochondrial action throughout the body, so that's what I'd treat as the main reason to run it.
 
Smiter said:

You early risers honestly weird me out a bit. Getting to sleep at that hour is already tough for me, never mind getting up... brrrr..

That said, training while fasted is great, assuming it lines up with what you're after. Regarding what it does, Mots-C acts as an exercise mimetic. Currently, every EM out there replicates the benefits of cardio/aerobic work. From the reports and feedback I've come across among Mots-C users, the felt effects of this peptide look a lot like what people on Clen describe, just gentler. Of course, the real point of Mots-C is the long-term mitochondrial action throughout the body, so that's what I'd treat as the main reason to run it.
Waking up that early isn't something I picked. Our newborn stirs several times a night, and by 5am he's fully awake, so I head back home to give my wife a hand. Usually I just train whenever he gets up for a feed at about 3 or 4 A.M., since I'm already awake anyway.
 
chewonmysac said:

Every other morning at 5 a.m. I take 7mg on an empty stomach. Pairs really well with black coffee. I head to the gym around 8 a.m., do 20 min of cardio, then 40 min of lifting. The half-life may be short, but I notice it accumulating steadily right up until the next injection. Currently in week 5 out of 8. As far as peptides go, it's probably sharing second place with Tirz and Tesa for me. Back in November I used SS-31 for a month. Just restarted it, and this time I've combined it with Mots-c. Come May I'll take a break, though I'd rather not.

Mots is on its way to me — should it be taken ahead of training to get the most out of it? And do you take it every day? Meaning also on rest days away from the gym, or just when you want an energy boost?
 
Smiter said:

You early risers honestly weird me out a bit. Getting to sleep at that hour is already tough for me, never mind getting up... brrrr..

That said, training while fasted is great, assuming it lines up with what you're after. Regarding what it does, Mots-C acts as an exercise mimetic. Currently, every EM out there replicates the benefits of cardio/aerobic work. From the reports and feedback I've come across among Mots-C users, the felt effects of this peptide look a lot like what people on Clen describe, just gentler. Of course, the real point of Mots-C is the long-term mitochondrial action throughout the body, so that's what I'd treat as the main reason to run it.
Could the Punisher say that again, but in English.... 🤣 🤣 🤣

Plus I'm a senior, which means I get up early. Soon I'll be strolling the malls right as they open 🙁
 
And this is the first instance of anyone requesting that I restate what I said in English... huh!

Regardless, seeing as you're a senior, I'll knock something off the penalty. Exercise mimetics are those neat ladies who bring about in the human body the very same outcomes that working out delivers. Mots is a diva on the present roster of dames who raise up the vanished pep of men, among the disabled dames category. Sure, she isn't as nut-worthy as, say, Clenbuterol, ephedra, and so on, but those are hazardous broads handy for short-term flings. Mots is a chick for the ring, for long-haul shenanigans.
 
jimmyjames01 said:

DeeSol said:

I workout @ 5am. I'm up at 4/415 am. MOTS-C shot goes in around 4:25am. Timing shouldn't make much difference as long as you get it into your system (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

I'd been dosing it daily @ 1-1.5mg each morning, and have just recently switched to 2.5mg MWF to cut down the injection frequency. Tbh I haven't noticed much of a difference.
Do you have pre-workout or eat something before training, or does mot-c alone carry you through the session?

I just came across info saying it needs to be taken fasted, and now I'm concerned that taking pre-workout and carbs soon afterward means I'm not getting the full benefit.
Indeed! Back when I took it daily, I'd use it before training. I'd still consume carbs from EAAs plus Cluster Dextrin (totaling 25-30g carbs) along with a caffeine tablet prior to or during my session. If not, I'd become Hypoglycemic.

Honestly, I believe you're okay whether you consume carbs or stay fasted. Ultimately, it comes down to your calorie deficit. Worth mentioning, mots-c clearly enhances insulin sensitivity, so it helps direct carbs into your muscles more effectively.

CharlieBrown said:

DeeSol said:

I workout @ 5am. I'm up at 4/415 am. MOTS-C shot goes in around 4:25am. Timing shouldn't make much difference as long as you get it into your system (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

I'd been dosing it daily @ 1-1.5mg each morning, and have just recently switched to 2.5mg MWF to cut down the injection frequency. Tbh I haven't noticed much of a difference.
What's your total time on it so far?

I'm only 2 weeks in myself and haven't felt a thing either.

Week 1 I ran 1mg daily, after that I moved to the standard 5mg 3x/wk (Mon-Wed-Fri).

I've been using it since last October. Honestly, I don't perceive much from it other than improved insulin sensitivity, which I verified with my CGM. But I've never experienced an energetic or stimulant effect from it. I sort of see it as 'software running in the background' simply maintaining optimal conditions. 😅

What's your experience with the 5mg MWF dosing? Any changes you've noticed?
 
DeeSol said:

jimmyjames01 said:

DeeSol said:

I workout @ 5am. I'm up at 4/415 am. MOTS-C shot goes in around 4:25am. Timing shouldn't make much difference as long as you get it into your system (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

I'd been dosing it daily @ 1-1.5mg each morning, and have just recently switched to 2.5mg MWF to cut down the injection frequency. Tbh I haven't noticed much of a difference.
Do you have pre-workout or eat something before training, or does mot-c alone carry you through the session?

I just came across info saying it needs to be taken fasted, and now I'm concerned that taking pre-workout and carbs soon afterward means I'm not getting the full benefit.
Indeed! Back when I took it daily, I'd use it before training. I'd still consume carbs from EAAs plus Cluster Dextrin (totaling 25-30g carbs) along with a caffeine tablet prior to or during my session. If not, I'd become Hypoglycemic.

Honestly, I believe you're okay whether you consume carbs or stay fasted. Ultimately, it comes down to your calorie deficit. Worth mentioning, mots-c clearly enhances insulin sensitivity, so it helps direct carbs into your muscles more effectively.

CharlieBrown said:

DeeSol said:

I workout @ 5am. I'm up at 4/415 am. MOTS-C shot goes in around 4:25am. Timing shouldn't make much difference as long as you get it into your system (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

I'd been dosing it daily @ 1-1.5mg each morning, and have just recently switched to 2.5mg MWF to cut down the injection frequency. Tbh I haven't noticed much of a difference.
What's your total time on it so far?

I'm only 2 weeks in myself and haven't felt a thing either.

Week 1 I ran 1mg daily, after that I moved to the standard 5mg 3x/wk (Mon-Wed-Fri).

I've been using it since last October. Honestly, I don't perceive much from it other than improved insulin sensitivity, which I verified with my CGM. But I've never experienced an energetic or stimulant effect from it. I sort of see it as 'software running in the background' simply maintaining optimal conditions. 😅

What's your experience with the 5mg MWF dosing? Any changes you've noticed?
That's really helpful. Cheers, mate
 
DeeSol said:

jimmyjames01 said:

DeeSol said:

I workout @ 5am. I'm up at 4/415 am. MOTS-C shot goes in around 4:25am. Timing shouldn't make much difference as long as you get it into your system (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

I'd been dosing it daily @ 1-1.5mg each morning, and have just recently switched to 2.5mg MWF to cut down the injection frequency. Tbh I haven't noticed much of a difference.
Do you have pre-workout or eat something before training, or does mot-c alone carry you through the session?

I just came across info saying it needs to be taken fasted, and now I'm concerned that taking pre-workout and carbs soon afterward means I'm not getting the full benefit.
Indeed! Back when I took it daily, I'd use it before training. I'd still consume carbs from EAAs plus Cluster Dextrin (totaling 25-30g carbs) along with a caffeine tablet prior to or during my session. If not, I'd become Hypoglycemic.

Honestly, I believe you're okay whether you consume carbs or stay fasted. Ultimately, it comes down to your calorie deficit. Worth mentioning, mots-c clearly enhances insulin sensitivity, so it helps direct carbs into your muscles more effectively.

CharlieBrown said:

DeeSol said:

I workout @ 5am. I'm up at 4/415 am. MOTS-C shot goes in around 4:25am. Timing shouldn't make much difference as long as you get it into your system (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

I'd been dosing it daily @ 1-1.5mg each morning, and have just recently switched to 2.5mg MWF to cut down the injection frequency. Tbh I haven't noticed much of a difference.
What's your total time on it so far?

I'm only 2 weeks in myself and haven't felt a thing either.

Week 1 I ran 1mg daily, after that I moved to the standard 5mg 3x/wk (Mon-Wed-Fri).

I've been using it since last October. Honestly, I don't perceive much from it other than improved insulin sensitivity, which I verified with my CGM. But I've never experienced an energetic or stimulant effect from it. I sort of see it as 'software running in the background' simply maintaining optimal conditions. 😅

What's your experience with the 5mg MWF dosing? Any changes you've noticed?
Nothing has stood out to me so far. The only thing I can go on is the bodybuilding forum, where people go on and on about the energy boost it gives them. Honestly, I figured I'd feel like I'd knocked back 10 espressos...lol

And the idea that my mitochondrial is damaged? I can't accept that. There's no sign or evidence pointing that way.

M-W-F is what I picked, simply because pinning it every day wasn't something I wanted to do. I'll stick with it and see.
 
Have

CharlieBrown said:

DeeSol said:

jimmyjames01 said:

DeeSol said:

I workout @ 5am. I'm up at 4/415 am. MOTS-C shot goes in around 4:25am. Timing shouldn't make much difference as long as you get it into your system (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

I'd been dosing it daily @ 1-1.5mg each morning, and have just recently switched to 2.5mg MWF to cut down the injection frequency. Tbh I haven't noticed much of a difference.
Do you have pre-workout or eat something before training, or does mot-c alone carry you through the session?

I just came across info saying it needs to be taken fasted, and now I'm concerned that taking pre-workout and carbs soon afterward means I'm not getting the full benefit.
Indeed! Back when I took it daily, I'd use it before training. I'd still consume carbs from EAAs plus Cluster Dextrin (totaling 25-30g carbs) along with a caffeine tablet prior to or during my session. If not, I'd become Hypoglycemic.

Honestly, I believe you're okay whether you consume carbs or stay fasted. Ultimately, it comes down to your calorie deficit. Worth mentioning, mots-c clearly enhances insulin sensitivity, so it helps direct carbs into your muscles more effectively.

CharlieBrown said:

DeeSol said:

I workout @ 5am. I'm up at 4/415 am. MOTS-C shot goes in around 4:25am. Timing shouldn't make much difference as long as you get it into your system (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

I'd been dosing it daily @ 1-1.5mg each morning, and have just recently switched to 2.5mg MWF to cut down the injection frequency. Tbh I haven't noticed much of a difference.
What's your total time on it so far?

I'm only 2 weeks in myself and haven't felt a thing either.

Week 1 I ran 1mg daily, after that I moved to the standard 5mg 3x/wk (Mon-Wed-Fri).

I've been using it since last October. Honestly, I don't perceive much from it other than improved insulin sensitivity, which I verified with my CGM. But I've never experienced an energetic or stimulant effect from it. I sort of see it as 'software running in the background' simply maintaining optimal conditions. 😅

What's your experience with the 5mg MWF dosing? Any changes you've noticed?
Nothing has stood out to me so far. The only thing I can go on is the bodybuilding forum, where people go on and on about the energy boost it gives them. Honestly, I figured I'd feel like I'd knocked back 10 espressos...lol

And the idea that my mitochondrial is damaged? I can't accept that. There's no sign or evidence pointing that way.

M-W-F is what I picked, simply because pinning it every day wasn't something I wanted to do. I'll stick with it and see.
Has your workout endurance shifted at all?

This morning I went with 3ml ahead of legs, and once a full hour of heavy leg work was done, I still had the feeling I could keep going.

A clear change, no question.

Could be placebo, though.
 
jimmyjames01 said:

Have

CharlieBrown said:

DeeSol said:

jimmyjames01 said:

DeeSol said:

I workout @ 5am. I'm up at 4/415 am. MOTS-C shot goes in around 4:25am. Timing shouldn't make much difference as long as you get it into your system (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

I'd been dosing it daily @ 1-1.5mg each morning, and have just recently switched to 2.5mg MWF to cut down the injection frequency. Tbh I haven't noticed much of a difference.
Do you have pre-workout or eat something before training, or does mot-c alone carry you through the session?

I just came across info saying it needs to be taken fasted, and now I'm concerned that taking pre-workout and carbs soon afterward means I'm not getting the full benefit.
Indeed! Back when I took it daily, I'd use it before training. I'd still consume carbs from EAAs plus Cluster Dextrin (totaling 25-30g carbs) along with a caffeine tablet prior to or during my session. If not, I'd become Hypoglycemic.

Honestly, I believe you're okay whether you consume carbs or stay fasted. Ultimately, it comes down to your calorie deficit. Worth mentioning, mots-c clearly enhances insulin sensitivity, so it helps direct carbs into your muscles more effectively.

CharlieBrown said:

DeeSol said:

I workout @ 5am. I'm up at 4/415 am. MOTS-C shot goes in around 4:25am. Timing shouldn't make much difference as long as you get it into your system (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

I'd been dosing it daily @ 1-1.5mg each morning, and have just recently switched to 2.5mg MWF to cut down the injection frequency. Tbh I haven't noticed much of a difference.
What's your total time on it so far?

I'm only 2 weeks in myself and haven't felt a thing either.

Week 1 I ran 1mg daily, after that I moved to the standard 5mg 3x/wk (Mon-Wed-Fri).

I've been using it since last October. Honestly, I don't perceive much from it other than improved insulin sensitivity, which I verified with my CGM. But I've never experienced an energetic or stimulant effect from it. I sort of see it as 'software running in the background' simply maintaining optimal conditions. 😅

What's your experience with the 5mg MWF dosing? Any changes you've noticed?
Nothing has stood out to me so far. The only thing I can go on is the bodybuilding forum, where people go on and on about the energy boost it gives them. Honestly, I figured I'd feel like I'd knocked back 10 espressos...lol

And the idea that my mitochondrial is damaged? I can't accept that. There's no sign or evidence pointing that way.

M-W-F is what I picked, simply because pinning it every day wasn't something I wanted to do. I'll stick with it and see.
Has your workout endurance shifted at all?

This morning I went with 3ml ahead of legs, and once a full hour of heavy leg work was done, I still had the feeling I could keep going.

A clear change, no question.

Could be placebo, though.
I can't give a fair answer on that. For the last year I've been on TRT, and the prescribed dose was only 50mg/wk.

I went to double that amount and also included 100mg of NPP, divided as 50mg x2/wk.

Thanks to the NPP, I can train daily without any recovery soreness. After a 90-minute shoulder session I do feel winded, but every set goes to failure. Chest/triceps takes 2hrs, biceps/forearms 90 minutes, and back/legs 2hrs.

Since January, I've taken just 2 rest days.
 
Getting on TRT cannot come soon enough for me.

Bloods are tomorrow, and with any luck this baby plus the missing sleep have driven my test levels down even further.

Attempted it 6 months back but landed just above the acceptable TRT range.
 
Back
Top