DSIP dosing leaves people puzzled

Researcher6076

Explorer
Joined
Feb 3, 2026
Messages
65
Reaction score
0
Location
Hawaii
Aloha Pep Peeps,

My girlfriend wanted me to look into DSIP as a way to improve sleep. Once I started digging through the studies, I ran into a pretty jarring mismatch: the amounts tested in human trials versus the amounts people on forums, FRU users included, usually talk about.

From what I saw in current discussions, the common window is 100 mcg – 500 mcg / night, and 250 mcg / night comes up a lot. That amount sometimes gets paired with some kind of cycling schedule, whether 5-days-on / 2-days-off each week, or 2-4-weeks-on / 2-4-weeks-off.

What Graf (1981) proposed, and what the major human study by Schneider‑Helmert & Schoenenberger (1983) used, looks nothing like that. In their work, the subq amount is closer to 2.5 mg / night, given for only 4 nights, in order to “normalize sleep architecture.” Graf (1981) also characterizes the dose-response as U-shaped, meaning both higher and lower amounts become less effective.

I want to be clear that I’m not saying anyone taking smaller DSIP doses is making a mistake. I’m just trying to figure out what could account for this.

Anybody know how the low dose protocols that are around now first appeared?

Has anyone experimented with any of the changes to the higher dose protocols that human research points to?


FYI, I’ve attached a DRAFT of my notes so far on DSIP, and I’d be glad to hear any feedback.
 
Researcher6076 said:

Aloha Pep Peeps,

My girlfriend wanted me to look into DSIP as a way to improve sleep. Once I started digging through the studies, I ran into a pretty jarring mismatch: the amounts tested in human trials versus the amounts people on forums, FRU users included, usually talk about.

From what I saw in current discussions, the common window is 100 mcg – 500 mcg / night, and 250 mcg / night comes up a lot. That amount sometimes gets paired with some kind of cycling schedule, whether 5-days-on / 2-days-off each week, or 2-4-weeks-on / 2-4-weeks-off.

What Graf (1981) proposed, and what the major human study by Schneider‑Helmert & Schoenenberger (1983) used, looks nothing like that. In their work, the subq amount is closer to 2.5 mg / night, given for only 4 nights, in order to “normalize sleep architecture.” Graf (1981) also characterizes the dose-response as U-shaped, meaning both higher and lower amounts become less effective.

I want to be clear that I’m not saying anyone taking smaller DSIP doses is making a mistake. I’m just trying to figure out what could account for this.

Anybody know how the low dose protocols that are around now first appeared?

Has anyone experimented with any of the changes to the higher dose protocols that human research points to?


FYI, I’ve attached a DRAFT of my notes so far on DSIP, and I’d be glad to hear any feedback.
For more than a year, I've been injecting 300 mcg each night. Roughly 15 minutes after the shot, I'm asleep.
 
Researcher6076 said:

Aloha Pep Peeps,

My girlfriend wanted me to look into DSIP as a way to improve sleep. Once I started digging through the studies, I ran into a pretty jarring mismatch: the amounts tested in human trials versus the amounts people on forums, FRU users included, usually talk about.

From what I saw in current discussions, the common window is 100 mcg – 500 mcg / night, and 250 mcg / night comes up a lot. That amount sometimes gets paired with some kind of cycling schedule, whether 5-days-on / 2-days-off each week, or 2-4-weeks-on / 2-4-weeks-off.

What Graf (1981) proposed, and what the major human study by Schneider‑Helmert & Schoenenberger (1983) used, looks nothing like that. In their work, the subq amount is closer to 2.5 mg / night, given for only 4 nights, in order to “normalize sleep architecture.” Graf (1981) also characterizes the dose-response as U-shaped, meaning both higher and lower amounts become less effective.

I want to be clear that I’m not saying anyone taking smaller DSIP doses is making a mistake. I’m just trying to figure out what could account for this.

Anybody know how the low dose protocols that are around now first appeared?

Has anyone experimented with any of the changes to the higher dose protocols that human research points to?


FYI, I’ve attached a DRAFT of my notes so far on DSIP, and I’d be glad to hear any feedback.

Seems like it's worth another attempt on my end. For a whole month I ran under 1mg and saw zero results. Next I'll test out 2.5mg (npi)
 
I started using DSIP not long ago. My dose is 100mcg, and I take it every other night. Up to now, my sleep has felt far more restorative, and for me personally, using it nightly would be too much. When I attempted every third day, the effect appeared to fade by night 3.

I realize they aren't the most reliable, but I sleep with a sleep tracker. During the first 2 nights after dosing, deep/rem sleep rises a lot and I spend less time awake. On the third day, everything returned to baseline.
 
Back
Top