Dropped quite a bit 😅

theway85

Explorer
Joined
Jan 20, 2026
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Location
Coventry
Started reta 2 and a half weeks back, and I'm already down 10kg, 22lbs.

Might have to begin pushing food into myself, since this is doing its job a little too well and I'd rather not end up with issues like gallstones etc.

Truth is I've had zero appetite and hardly any desire to eat at all!

[[Q1]]
 
theway85 said:

Started reta 2 and a half weeks back, and I'm already down 10kg, 22lbs.

Might have to begin pushing food into myself, since this is doing its job a little too well and I'd rather not end up with issues like gallstones etc.

Truth is I've had zero appetite and hardly any desire to eat at all!

[[Q1]]

To start with, well done on the weight loss!

That said, you really do have to eat so that you don't lose muscle. Put your focus on protein, and protein drinks are an option.

Back when I had zero appetite, that's what I did, along with smoothies.
 
Yeah, my main focus with food has been protein.

In all honesty, today marks the first time I've noticed any hunger at all! Fingers crossed it levels out as things progress
 
What was your starting dose? You need to take in enough calories so you don't lose muscle mass.

And congrats on the weight loss
 
Hey, it's been 1 week since I began reta (a pretty low dose, 0.5mg), and nothing's really different for me yet, particularly when it comes to keeping my appetite in check. I lift weights 2/3 times per week, and my BMI sits at 26, which isn't all that high.

I'm just wondering what dose you're on.
 
koevet said:

Hey, it's been 1 week since I began reta (a pretty low dose, 0.5mg), and nothing's really different for me yet, particularly when it comes to keeping my appetite in check. I lift weights 2/3 times per week, and my BMI sits at 26, which isn't all that high.

I'm just wondering what dose you're on.
It's only been 1 week since you began — have some patience 🙂 And when increasing your dose, take it slow. Seeing another person begin at a higher amount or ramp up fast is no reason for you to copy them. The right approach is to discover what suits your own body. Stay consistent with training, keep an eye on nutrition & give it time
 
dazedconfused_ said:

koevet said:

Hey, it's been 1 week since I began reta (a pretty low dose, 0.5mg), and nothing's really different for me yet, particularly when it comes to keeping my appetite in check. I lift weights 2/3 times per week, and my BMI sits at 26, which isn't all that high.

I'm just wondering what dose you're on.
It's only been 1 week since you began — have some patience 🙂 And when increasing your dose, take it slow. Seeing another person begin at a higher amount or ramp up fast is no reason for you to copy them. The right approach is to discover what suits your own body. Stay consistent with training, keep an eye on nutrition & give it time
For sure, I'm going to bump it up by 0.5 mg each 2 weeks, and keep going until I hit the right level.
 
If this is your first time dropping weight, don't feel let down when things taper off. Some of those kilos come off as water, because your body is burning through glycogen stores and water is bound to it. And honestly, continuing at that pace wouldn't be good for you either — shedding weight that fast can bring on fatigue, fainting, gallstones and more. The realistic ceiling for fat loss is 1 to 1.5 kilos weekly, ( 7700kcal to 11550kcal a week calorie deficit ), and it hinges heavily on your starting level of excess weight.
 
Losing weight fast or gaining it fast isn't new to me 😂. My starting point was 146 kilos, and these days I'm sitting at 136.

Given how big I am, the drop will likely come quicker for me than it would for other people.

My main aim right now is squeezing in as much protein as I can manage, and I want to bump up my fiber too.

On top of that, I seriously need to start lifting again — if I don't, I'm worried every bit of muscle will disappear.
 
Wishing you the best. My starting point was 145kg, and the scale went down by precisely 6kg each month right up until I hit roughly 90kg. That was back in 2022. These days I'm on tirzepatide along with some reta too, which helps me stay at 68kg. With drugs like these, maybe putting the weight back on isn't something we have to accept anymore.
 
koevet said:

Hey, it's been 1 week since I began reta (a pretty low dose, 0.5mg), and nothing's really different for me yet, particularly when it comes to keeping my appetite in check. I lift weights 2/3 times per week, and my BMI sits at 26, which isn't all that high.

I'm just wondering what dose you're on.

Studies indicate GLPs usually need roughly 4 weeks before they truly kick in. Hang in there, browse the forum, this is a marathon rather than a sprint.
 
Back
Top