Dosing MOTS-c and SS31 — how much, and when?

Jone5y87!

Explorer
Joined
Mar 8, 2026
Messages
87
Reaction score
0
Location
united kingdom
Good morning, my pep buddy's.

I just want to check something

with you all, and get a little input on my protocol.

What I'm running at the moment

Reta 2.5mg every week

Tesa 2mg about an hour before bed, 5 on 2 off

Klow 1.5mg taken at bedtime

And I want to introduce SS31 alongside mots c to kick some

Mitochondria arse .

For just under a week I've been running 2mg a day of ss31 plus 2mg a day of mots c, so I'd like your input please.

I've read the 14 week protocol, though I don't wanna run nad.

Would my 2mg a day of each look

About right to you ? And should

I do 5 days on then 2 off ?

Thank you all.
 
My Mongolian Gopher likes to take SS-31 at 4mg per day, over 4 weeks, before he would even think about putting MOTS-C into the mix. It costs a lot.

With MOTS-C, what people report suggests the dose varies a great deal from 1 person to another. 2mg 3x/week works for some. Others really like 5mg 3x/week.

It comes down to figuring out what your Latvian Gerbil likes most.
 
TheEngineer said:

My Mongolian Gopher likes to take SS-31 at 4mg per day, over 4 weeks, before he would even think about putting MOTS-C into the mix. It costs a lot.

With MOTS-C, what people report suggests the dose varies a great deal from 1 person to another. 2mg 3x/week works for some. Others really like 5mg 3x/week.

It comes down to figuring out what your Latvian Gerbil likes most.
Appreciate it as

always bro, my gerbil is going to

mess about with the amounts I'm

certain, but the schedule looks fine right?

Every time first thing in the morning after getting up, and ought

I to follow 5 on 2 off,
 
With SS-31, opinions vary widely, but here is the protocol I recommend:

SS-31 10mg x10 Vials:

Add 1ml Bac water, then draw 33 Units, over 30 days, which delivers 3.3mg daily and finishes the entire 10 vial kit
 
Beardboost said:

With SS-31, opinions vary widely, but here is the protocol I recommend:

SS-31 10mg x10 Vials:

Add 1ml Bac water, then draw 33 Units, over 30 days, which delivers 3.3mg daily and finishes the entire 10 vial kit
Is it 5 days on, then 2 days off?
 
Jone5y87! said:

Beardboost said:

With SS-31, opinions vary widely, but here is the protocol I recommend:

SS-31 10mg x10 Vials:

Add 1ml Bac water, then draw 33 Units, over 30 days, which delivers 3.3mg daily and finishes the entire 10 vial kit
Is it 5 days on, then 2 days off?
Without skipping any days, 30 days total on SS-31.
 
Beardboost said:

Jone5y87! said:

Beardboost said:

With SS-31, opinions vary widely, but here is the protocol I recommend:

SS-31 10mg x10 Vials:

Add 1ml Bac water, then draw 33 Units, over 30 days, which delivers 3.3mg daily and finishes the entire 10 vial kit
Is it 5 days on, then 2 days off?
Without skipping any days, 30 days total on SS-31.
Yes, that's right — there's no break when using SS-31. My rodent gets this every quarter, except the protocol is 5 mg each day for 20 days, with 2.5 mg MOTS-c added during the final 5 days. After that, 2 days off, then MOTS continues at 5 mg, 3x week.

Bringing MOTS in at a lower dose appears to reduce the ISR. Starting straight at 5 mg hit the poor RS hard.

I've switched to 50 mg SS-31. Far cheaper. Just two vials per cycle.
 
Jone5y87! said:

Good morning, my pep buddy's.

I just want to check something

with you all, and get a little input on my protocol.

What I'm running at the moment

Reta 2.5mg every week

Tesa 2mg about an hour before bed, 5 on 2 off

Klow 1.5mg taken at bedtime

And I want to introduce SS31 alongside mots c to kick some

Mitochondria arse .

For just under a week I've been running 2mg a day of ss31 plus 2mg a day of mots c, so I'd like your input please.

I've read the 14 week protocol, though I don't wanna run nad.

Would my 2mg a day of each look

About right to you ? And should

I do 5 days on then 2 off ?

Thank you all.
Honestly, there isn't a real scientific basis for running peptides 5 days on and 2 days off — that pattern originated with wellness clinics and keeps getting passed along on Reddit and social media lol. The one case where it makes sense is if you're using it to manage water retention caused by GH secretagogues, though even then you could just begin with daily dosing and scale back later if needed. Broadly speaking, though, certain peptides are dosed weekly, others several times per week, and others daily or even multiple times per day — but 5 on 2 off tends to be a pointless waste of a compound you ought to be using every day. FWIW, I've personally been on Tesa daily for 6 weeks and water retention hasn't turned into an issue yet
 
latviantower said:

Beardboost said:

Jone5y87! said:

Beardboost said:

With SS-31, opinions vary widely, but here is the protocol I recommend:

SS-31 10mg x10 Vials:

Add 1ml Bac water, then draw 33 Units, over 30 days, which delivers 3.3mg daily and finishes the entire 10 vial kit
Is it 5 days on, then 2 days off?
Without skipping any days, 30 days total on SS-31.
Yes, that's right — there's no break when using SS-31. My rodent gets this every quarter, except the protocol is 5 mg each day for 20 days, with 2.5 mg MOTS-c added during the final 5 days. After that, 2 days off, then MOTS continues at 5 mg, 3x week.

Bringing MOTS in at a lower dose appears to reduce the ISR. Starting straight at 5 mg hit the poor RS hard.

I've switched to 50 mg SS-31. Far cheaper. Just two vials per cycle.
I can back this up as well. Right now I'm on 5mg every day, currently 2 weeks in and I'll keep going for at least another 2. Honestly, I really regret not getting the 50mg kit instead lol
 
ftv10hb said:

Jone5y87! said:

Good morning, my pep buddy's.

I just want to check something

with you all, and get a little input on my protocol.

What I'm running at the moment

Reta 2.5mg every week

Tesa 2mg about an hour before bed, 5 on 2 off

Klow 1.5mg taken at bedtime

And I want to introduce SS31 alongside mots c to kick some

Mitochondria arse .

For just under a week I've been running 2mg a day of ss31 plus 2mg a day of mots c, so I'd like your input please.

I've read the 14 week protocol, though I don't wanna run nad.

Would my 2mg a day of each look

About right to you ? And should

I do 5 days on then 2 off ?

Thank you all.
Honestly, there isn't a real scientific basis for running peptides 5 days on and 2 days off — that pattern originated with wellness clinics and keeps getting passed along on Reddit and social media lol. The one case where it makes sense is if you're using it to manage water retention caused by GH secretagogues, though even then you could just begin with daily dosing and scale back later if needed. Broadly speaking, though, certain peptides are dosed weekly, others several times per week, and others daily or even multiple times per day — but 5 on 2 off tends to be a pointless waste of a compound you ought to be using every day. FWIW, I've personally been on Tesa daily for 6 weeks and water retention hasn't turned into an issue yet
That's spot on, and the clinical trials for tesa (Egrifta) as well as ss31 (Forzinity) back it up - you take them every day, without cycling off.
 
For my lab rat: Mots at 5mg every day, 30 days on, then 60 days off (so 1 month per quarter). Alongside that, 50mg NAD+ injected daily. Morning for both, on an empty stomach, around 5am. He usually falls asleep near 1030, and if a morning gets skipped, it's skipped for good — a later injection wrecks his sleep cycle. On top of that, he rotates 4-week blocks: Tesa at 10mg/week for 4 weeks, then IPA at 5mg/week for 4 weeks, which he has to tough out right before bed and 2 hours after his final meal. If my boy stuck to this, his life quality, workouts, and weight training would have him looking and feeling like he could handle endless gym sets and resemble Henry Cavill in Superman. But he doesn't. Because he's a lab rat, not a gym rat.
 
latviantower said:

Beardboost said:

Jone5y87! said:

Beardboost said:

With SS-31, opinions vary widely, but here is the protocol I recommend:

SS-31 10mg x10 Vials:

Add 1ml Bac water, then draw 33 Units, over 30 days, which delivers 3.3mg daily and finishes the entire 10 vial kit
Is it 5 days on, then 2 days off?
Without skipping any days, 30 days total on SS-31.
Yes, that's right — there's no break when using SS-31. My rodent gets this every quarter, except the protocol is 5 mg each day for 20 days, with 2.5 mg MOTS-c added during the final 5 days. After that, 2 days off, then MOTS continues at 5 mg, 3x week.

Bringing MOTS in at a lower dose appears to reduce the ISR. Starting straight at 5 mg hit the poor RS hard.

I've switched to 50 mg SS-31. Far cheaper. Just two vials per cycle.
Looks like I'll have to stock up on SS31 and Mots c again — this round I only went with a 10mg x 10 kit, haha
 
ftv10hb said:

Jone5y87! said:

Good morning, my pep buddy's.

I just want to check something

with you all, and get a little input on my protocol.

What I'm running at the moment

Reta 2.5mg every week

Tesa 2mg about an hour before bed, 5 on 2 off

Klow 1.5mg taken at bedtime

And I want to introduce SS31 alongside mots c to kick some

Mitochondria arse .

For just under a week I've been running 2mg a day of ss31 plus 2mg a day of mots c, so I'd like your input please.

I've read the 14 week protocol, though I don't wanna run nad.

Would my 2mg a day of each look

About right to you ? And should

I do 5 days on then 2 off ?

Thank you all.
Honestly, there isn't a real scientific basis for running peptides 5 days on and 2 days off — that pattern originated with wellness clinics and keeps getting passed along on Reddit and social media lol. The one case where it makes sense is if you're using it to manage water retention caused by GH secretagogues, though even then you could just begin with daily dosing and scale back later if needed. Broadly speaking, though, certain peptides are dosed weekly, others several times per week, and others daily or even multiple times per day — but 5 on 2 off tends to be a pointless waste of a compound you ought to be using every day. FWIW, I've personally been on Tesa daily for 6 weeks and water retention hasn't turned into an issue yet
That 5/2 schedule is hyped far too much, and the justifications people give for it are a total mess.
 
My Mots-C should arrive within a few days (it has cleared customs and is in BC)>

I had planned on a 2.5-5mg / 3x wk dose - from what I can tell that's the most common protocol.

But then I saw a video from a Dr. who had just returned from a peptide conference, where the point was made that some peptides, Mots-C included, are better micro-dosed daily (1-2.5mg)

My plan is to take 1mg on the day it arrives, then each morning after that.

Does anyone have advice ??? Please !
 
My wife and I have a protocol that lines up with when we train, since Mots is included in what we take before working out. The schedule is 4 days on, then 1 day off. That means we take it 6 days per week, and we have worked our way up to 2.5mg, which appears to be the right amount for each of us.
 
Back
Top