lessthanhalf said:
Based on what I've read here on the forum — though the studies don't back this up — it appears that individuals aiming to shed fairly modest amounts of weight, who weren't severely obese to begin with, tend to experience stronger side effects and stronger effects at lower doses than I'd anticipate. The research isn't very illuminating either, since the study populations were generally more overweight. It's certain that the metabolic state in severe obesity differs in many respects, so this pattern isn't entirely surprising.
I raised my tirz dose from 1mg to 15 within a single month without any problems — no, I'm not suggesting anyone do that — but by then I had already lost 70 kg.
As for the OP: the fact that your calorie intake fell to 600/day when you began at 1mg indicates you're quite sensitive to the medication, so proceeding cautiously is likely wise. More severe side effects can always occur with any dose increase at any point, but going up gradually probably makes them less abrupt or intense. If you didn't feel the effects growing over the past 4 weeks, then should you move to 1.5mg and still have no side effects while remaining hungry, you likely don't need to wait 4 weeks before going to 2mg — 2 weeks is probably sufficient, since 2mg is the standard starting dose and the manufacturer doesn't consider it risky.