Dosage

harryballs

Explorer
Joined
Jun 11, 2026
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Location
Liverpool
Hey everyone, I know this might come across as a dumb question, but I've got a pep pen that shows 60 units, and my reta is 30mg with a 3ml cartridge (obviously). I'm trying to figure out how many units I should dial in for a 2.5 dose. Any guidance would be really appreciated, since I've been injecting 45.
 
harryballs said:

Hey everyone, I know this might come across as a dumb question, but I've got a pep pen that shows 60 units, and my reta is 30mg with a 3ml cartridge (obviously). I'm trying to figure out how many units I should dial in for a 2.5 dose. Any guidance would be really appreciated, since I've been injecting 45.
bro
 
harryballs said:

Hey everyone, I know this might come across as a dumb question, but I've got a pep pen that shows 60 units, and my reta is 30mg with a 3ml cartridge (obviously). I'm trying to figure out how many units I should dial in for a 2.5 dose. Any guidance would be really appreciated, since I've been injecting 45.
What is the amount of your dose?
 
harryballs said:

Hey everyone, I know this might come across as a dumb question, but I've got a pep pen that shows 60 units, and my reta is 30mg with a 3ml cartridge (obviously). I'm trying to figure out how many units I should dial in for a 2.5 dose. Any guidance would be really appreciated, since I've been injecting 45.

https://www.peprecon.com/calc/

Get informed. Be aware. Avoid harming yourself.
 
BNLFL said:

harryballs said:

Hey everyone, I know this might come across as a dumb question, but I've got a pep pen that shows 60 units, and my reta is 30mg with a 3ml cartridge (obviously). I'm trying to figure out how many units I should dial in for a 2.5 dose. Any guidance would be really appreciated, since I've been injecting 45.
What is the amount of your dose?
I'm aiming for 2.5mg, though I'm not clear on how that translates to the pen that has 60 units on it
 
1 unit stays 0.01mL, even if the pen only goes up to 60 units. Work out the dose you want, then use a reconstitution calculator to work out how much BAC goes into the vial (and how many units your dose lands at for that concentration). Reconstitute, then load the pen and dose from there using the number of units the calculator gave you.
 
harryballs said:

BNLFL said:

harryballs said:

Hey everyone, I know this might come across as a dumb question, but I've got a pep pen that shows 60 units, and my reta is 30mg with a 3ml cartridge (obviously). I'm trying to figure out how many units I should dial in for a 2.5 dose. Any guidance would be really appreciated, since I've been injecting 45.
What is the amount of your dose?
I'm aiming for 2.5mg, though I'm not clear on how that translates to the pen that has 60 units on it
Not trying to be harsh, but a bit of blunt honesty is needed here 😛. If you're going to dabble in gray-market peptides and inject them, learn what you're doing first — otherwise you risk harming yourself.

To start with, quit measuring everything in units. On their own, units tell you nothing at all.

Correct dosing requires 2 pieces of information. First, the dose you want, expressed in mg. Second, how concentrated the solution is, in mg/ml. With those, you work out how many units to draw up. There are plenty of calculators available for this.

Here's one.
 
Assuming 30 mg is mixed into 3 ml, each 0.25 ml holds 2.5 mg — which equals 25 units on the pen. Double-check that the full 3 ml went in and that no air remains in the cartridge. Was this something you reconstituted on your own, or did it come pre-mixed?
 
eidos said:

Assuming 30 mg is mixed into 3 ml, each 0.25 ml holds 2.5 mg — which equals 25 units on the pen. Double-check that the full 3 ml went in and that no air remains in the cartridge. Was this something you reconstituted on your own, or did it come pre-mixed?
I mixed it up on my own, so it looks like I've been taking twice the amount each week 🤦
 
eidos said:

Assuming 30 mg is mixed into 3 ml, each 0.25 ml holds 2.5 mg — which equals 25 units on the pen. Double-check that the full 3 ml went in and that no air remains in the cartridge. Was this something you reconstituted on your own, or did it come pre-mixed?
I mixed it up on my own, so it looks like I've actually been injecting twice the intended amount each week

tcpnomad said:

harryballs said:

BNLFL said:

harryballs said:

Hey everyone, I know this might come across as a dumb question, but I've got a pep pen that shows 60 units, and my reta is 30mg with a 3ml cartridge (obviously). I'm trying to figure out how many units I should dial in for a 2.5 dose. Any guidance would be really appreciated, since I've been injecting 45.
What is the amount of your dose?
I'm aiming for 2.5mg, though I'm not clear on how that translates to the pen that has 60 units on it
Not trying to be harsh, but a bit of blunt honesty is needed here 😛. If you're going to dabble in gray-market peptides and inject them, learn what you're doing first — otherwise you risk harming yourself.

To start with, quit measuring everything in units. On their own, units tell you nothing at all.

Correct dosing requires 2 pieces of information. First, the dose you want, expressed in mg. Second, how concentrated the solution is, in mg/ml. With those, you work out how many units to draw up. There are plenty of calculators available for this.

Here's one.

tcpnomad said:

harryballs said:

BNLFL said:

harryballs said:

Hey everyone, I know this might come across as a dumb question, but I've got a pep pen that shows 60 units, and my reta is 30mg with a 3ml cartridge (obviously). I'm trying to figure out how many units I should dial in for a 2.5 dose. Any guidance would be really appreciated, since I've been injecting 45.
What is the amount of your dose?
I'm aiming for 2.5mg, though I'm not clear on how that translates to the pen that has 60 units on it
Not trying to be harsh, but a bit of blunt honesty is needed here 😛. If you're going to dabble in gray-market peptides and inject them, learn what you're doing first — otherwise you risk harming yourself.

To start with, quit measuring everything in units. On their own, units tell you nothing at all.

Correct dosing requires 2 pieces of information. First, the dose you want, expressed in mg. Second, how concentrated the solution is, in mg/ml. With those, you work out how many units to draw up. There are plenty of calculators available for this.

Here's one.
Honestly though, that reta was 40mg, but I've just put in an order for 30mg, and I figure my reta ought to have stretched past a month, thanks for the assistance
 
harryballs said:

eidos said:

Assuming 30 mg is mixed into 3 ml, each 0.25 ml holds 2.5 mg — which equals 25 units on the pen. Double-check that the full 3 ml went in and that no air remains in the cartridge. Was this something you reconstituted on your own, or did it come pre-mixed?
I mixed it up on my own, so it looks like I've actually been injecting twice the intended amount each week

tcpnomad said:

harryballs said:

BNLFL said:

harryballs said:

Hey everyone, I know this might come across as a dumb question, but I've got a pep pen that shows 60 units, and my reta is 30mg with a 3ml cartridge (obviously). I'm trying to figure out how many units I should dial in for a 2.5 dose. Any guidance would be really appreciated, since I've been injecting 45.
What is the amount of your dose?
I'm aiming for 2.5mg, though I'm not clear on how that translates to the pen that has 60 units on it
Not trying to be harsh, but a bit of blunt honesty is needed here 😛. If you're going to dabble in gray-market peptides and inject them, learn what you're doing first — otherwise you risk harming yourself.

To start with, quit measuring everything in units. On their own, units tell you nothing at all.

Correct dosing requires 2 pieces of information. First, the dose you want, expressed in mg. Second, how concentrated the solution is, in mg/ml. With those, you work out how many units to draw up. There are plenty of calculators available for this.

Here's one.

tcpnomad said:

harryballs said:

BNLFL said:

harryballs said:

Hey everyone, I know this might come across as a dumb question, but I've got a pep pen that shows 60 units, and my reta is 30mg with a 3ml cartridge (obviously). I'm trying to figure out how many units I should dial in for a 2.5 dose. Any guidance would be really appreciated, since I've been injecting 45.
What is the amount of your dose?
I'm aiming for 2.5mg, though I'm not clear on how that translates to the pen that has 60 units on it
Not trying to be harsh, but a bit of blunt honesty is needed here 😛. If you're going to dabble in gray-market peptides and inject them, learn what you're doing first — otherwise you risk harming yourself.

To start with, quit measuring everything in units. On their own, units tell you nothing at all.

Correct dosing requires 2 pieces of information. First, the dose you want, expressed in mg. Second, how concentrated the solution is, in mg/ml. With those, you work out how many units to draw up. There are plenty of calculators available for this.

Here's one.
Honestly though, that reta was 40mg, but I've just put in an order for 30mg, and I figure my reta ought to have stretched past a month, thanks for the assistance
If your 40mg/3ml dose was .45, then the mass could come out above 45mg, meaning you were taking over twice as much. With no overfill, the calculation at 40mg works out to roughly .189.

Your actual amount was nearer 6mg.

What has the experience been like?
 
Skidude said:

harryballs said:

eidos said:

Assuming 30 mg is mixed into 3 ml, each 0.25 ml holds 2.5 mg — which equals 25 units on the pen. Double-check that the full 3 ml went in and that no air remains in the cartridge. Was this something you reconstituted on your own, or did it come pre-mixed?
I mixed it up on my own, so it looks like I've actually been injecting twice the intended amount each week

tcpnomad said:

harryballs said:

BNLFL said:

harryballs said:

Hey everyone, I know this might come across as a dumb question, but I've got a pep pen that shows 60 units, and my reta is 30mg with a 3ml cartridge (obviously). I'm trying to figure out how many units I should dial in for a 2.5 dose. Any guidance would be really appreciated, since I've been injecting 45.
What is the amount of your dose?
I'm aiming for 2.5mg, though I'm not clear on how that translates to the pen that has 60 units on it
Not trying to be harsh, but a bit of blunt honesty is needed here 😛. If you're going to dabble in gray-market peptides and inject them, learn what you're doing first — otherwise you risk harming yourself.

To start with, quit measuring everything in units. On their own, units tell you nothing at all.

Correct dosing requires 2 pieces of information. First, the dose you want, expressed in mg. Second, how concentrated the solution is, in mg/ml. With those, you work out how many units to draw up. There are plenty of calculators available for this.

Here's one.

tcpnomad said:

harryballs said:

BNLFL said:

harryballs said:

Hey everyone, I know this might come across as a dumb question, but I've got a pep pen that shows 60 units, and my reta is 30mg with a 3ml cartridge (obviously). I'm trying to figure out how many units I should dial in for a 2.5 dose. Any guidance would be really appreciated, since I've been injecting 45.
What is the amount of your dose?
I'm aiming for 2.5mg, though I'm not clear on how that translates to the pen that has 60 units on it
Not trying to be harsh, but a bit of blunt honesty is needed here 😛. If you're going to dabble in gray-market peptides and inject them, learn what you're doing first — otherwise you risk harming yourself.

To start with, quit measuring everything in units. On their own, units tell you nothing at all.

Correct dosing requires 2 pieces of information. First, the dose you want, expressed in mg. Second, how concentrated the solution is, in mg/ml. With those, you work out how many units to draw up. There are plenty of calculators available for this.

Here's one.
Honestly though, that reta was 40mg, but I've just put in an order for 30mg, and I figure my reta ought to have stretched past a month, thanks for the assistance
If your 40mg/3ml dose was .45, then the mass could come out above 45mg, meaning you were taking over twice as much. With no overfill, the calculation at 40mg works out to roughly .189.

Your actual amount was nearer 6mg.

What has the experience been like?
Honestly, things have been going really well. My appetite has dropped a lot, though toward the end of the week I notice I start wanting to eat more. Over the past month I've dropped about 10 pounds.
 
harryballs said:

Skidude said:

harryballs said:

eidos said:

Assuming 30 mg is mixed into 3 ml, each 0.25 ml holds 2.5 mg — which equals 25 units on the pen. Double-check that the full 3 ml went in and that no air remains in the cartridge. Was this something you reconstituted on your own, or did it come pre-mixed?
I mixed it up on my own, so it looks like I've actually been injecting twice the intended amount each week

tcpnomad said:

harryballs said:

BNLFL said:

harryballs said:

Hey everyone, I know this might come across as a dumb question, but I've got a pep pen that shows 60 units, and my reta is 30mg with a 3ml cartridge (obviously). I'm trying to figure out how many units I should dial in for a 2.5 dose. Any guidance would be really appreciated, since I've been injecting 45.
What is the amount of your dose?
I'm aiming for 2.5mg, though I'm not clear on how that translates to the pen that has 60 units on it
Not trying to be harsh, but a bit of blunt honesty is needed here 😛. If you're going to dabble in gray-market peptides and inject them, learn what you're doing first — otherwise you risk harming yourself.

To start with, quit measuring everything in units. On their own, units tell you nothing at all.

Correct dosing requires 2 pieces of information. First, the dose you want, expressed in mg. Second, how concentrated the solution is, in mg/ml. With those, you work out how many units to draw up. There are plenty of calculators available for this.

Here's one.

tcpnomad said:

harryballs said:

BNLFL said:

harryballs said:

Hey everyone, I know this might come across as a dumb question, but I've got a pep pen that shows 60 units, and my reta is 30mg with a 3ml cartridge (obviously). I'm trying to figure out how many units I should dial in for a 2.5 dose. Any guidance would be really appreciated, since I've been injecting 45.
What is the amount of your dose?
I'm aiming for 2.5mg, though I'm not clear on how that translates to the pen that has 60 units on it
Not trying to be harsh, but a bit of blunt honesty is needed here 😛. If you're going to dabble in gray-market peptides and inject them, learn what you're doing first — otherwise you risk harming yourself.

To start with, quit measuring everything in units. On their own, units tell you nothing at all.

Correct dosing requires 2 pieces of information. First, the dose you want, expressed in mg. Second, how concentrated the solution is, in mg/ml. With those, you work out how many units to draw up. There are plenty of calculators available for this.

Here's one.
Honestly though, that reta was 40mg, but I've just put in an order for 30mg, and I figure my reta ought to have stretched past a month, thanks for the assistance
If your 40mg/3ml dose was .45, then the mass could come out above 45mg, meaning you were taking over twice as much. With no overfill, the calculation at 40mg works out to roughly .189.

Your actual amount was nearer 6mg.

What has the experience been like?
Honestly, things have been going really well. My appetite has dropped a lot, though toward the end of the week I notice I start wanting to eat more. Over the past month I've dropped about 10 pounds.
As previously mentioned, I would invest the effort to properly reconstitute the upcoming vial.

Also, check out the calculator provided above by @tcpnomad



c2f53670b7f487b69a336c64adab47c668a0a97912966cab27628cf8df3ff3a5.png




Tirzepatide Dose Calculator | Fat Scientist, a community-supported resource for GLP-1 medication users



A straightforward calculator, relied upon by hundreds of thousands of Reddit users, designed to assist you in determining the number of units of tirzepatide (Mounjaro/Zepbound) to inject based on your target dose and the vial's concentration.

Image unavailable


www.fatscientist.com

Your vial might be weak, or perhaps an error occurred in your calculations; numerous scenarios exist.

I would suggest dropping back to 2.5, or if you've already administered your current dose and are 100% certain your math is accurate, maybe increase to the next step of 4 mg

How would you reconstitute a 30mg vial, and what amount would constitute a 4mg dose? Use the calculator
 
harryballs said:

eidos said:

Assuming 30 mg is mixed into 3 ml, each 0.25 ml holds 2.5 mg — which equals 25 units on the pen. Double-check that the full 3 ml went in and that no air remains in the cartridge. Was this something you reconstituted on your own, or did it come pre-mixed?
I mixed it up on my own, so it looks like I've actually been injecting twice the intended amount each week

tcpnomad said:

harryballs said:

BNLFL said:

harryballs said:

Hey everyone, I know this might come across as a dumb question, but I've got a pep pen that shows 60 units, and my reta is 30mg with a 3ml cartridge (obviously). I'm trying to figure out how many units I should dial in for a 2.5 dose. Any guidance would be really appreciated, since I've been injecting 45.
What is the amount of your dose?
I'm aiming for 2.5mg, though I'm not clear on how that translates to the pen that has 60 units on it
Not trying to be harsh, but a bit of blunt honesty is needed here 😛. If you're going to dabble in gray-market peptides and inject them, learn what you're doing first — otherwise you risk harming yourself.

To start with, quit measuring everything in units. On their own, units tell you nothing at all.

Correct dosing requires 2 pieces of information. First, the dose you want, expressed in mg. Second, how concentrated the solution is, in mg/ml. With those, you work out how many units to draw up. There are plenty of calculators available for this.

Here's one.

tcpnomad said:

harryballs said:

BNLFL said:

harryballs said:

Hey everyone, I know this might come across as a dumb question, but I've got a pep pen that shows 60 units, and my reta is 30mg with a 3ml cartridge (obviously). I'm trying to figure out how many units I should dial in for a 2.5 dose. Any guidance would be really appreciated, since I've been injecting 45.
What is the amount of your dose?
I'm aiming for 2.5mg, though I'm not clear on how that translates to the pen that has 60 units on it
Not trying to be harsh, but a bit of blunt honesty is needed here 😛. If you're going to dabble in gray-market peptides and inject them, learn what you're doing first — otherwise you risk harming yourself.

To start with, quit measuring everything in units. On their own, units tell you nothing at all.

Correct dosing requires 2 pieces of information. First, the dose you want, expressed in mg. Second, how concentrated the solution is, in mg/ml. With those, you work out how many units to draw up. There are plenty of calculators available for this.

Here's one.
Honestly though, that reta was 40mg, but I've just put in an order for 30mg, and I figure my reta ought to have stretched past a month, thanks for the assistance
Typically those vials won't hold such neat, round amounts. Rely on the mass shown in a third-party test's CoA. At times it may be as much as 30% higher, or in some cases notably lower, or even nothing at all.
 
smokeless7424 said:

1 unit stays 0.01mL, even if the pen only goes up to 60 units. Work out the dose you want, then use a reconstitution calculator to work out how much BAC goes into the vial (and how many units your dose lands at for that concentration). Reconstitute, then load the pen and dose from there using the number of units the calculator gave you.
A digit got left out. Each unit equals .01ml, and 1ml contains 100 units.

No matter how it's delivered, that should stay the same. The OP is already confused enough, so I don't want to add to that, but verifying that an injection pen is accurate is only one of several things that ought not to be skipped—though my guess is it probably was. This isn't rocket science, but honestly it takes more than just spit in it and have a go.

y
 
bada bing said:

smokeless7424 said:

1 unit stays 0.01mL, even if the pen only goes up to 60 units. Work out the dose you want, then use a reconstitution calculator to work out how much BAC goes into the vial (and how many units your dose lands at for that concentration). Reconstitute, then load the pen and dose from there using the number of units the calculator gave you.
A digit got left out. Each unit equals .01ml, and 1ml contains 100 units.

No matter how it's delivered, that should stay the same. The OP is already confused enough, so I don't want to add to that, but verifying that an injection pen is accurate is only one of several things that ought not to be skipped—though my guess is it probably was. This isn't rocket science, but honestly it takes more than just spit in it and have a go.

y
Appreciate it, that was a mistake on my part.
 
harryballs said:

Hey everyone, I know this might come across as a dumb question, but I've got a pep pen that shows 60 units, and my reta is 30mg with a 3ml cartridge (obviously). I'm trying to figure out how many units I should dial in for a 2.5 dose. Any guidance would be really appreciated, since I've been injecting 45.
To be straight with you, my first reaction to your post was that this thread might head in the same direction as that well-known Reta post where a guy accidentally took 30 mg of Reta. What followed was a pretty wild account of the next 4 weeks of his life. After reading it, you'd definitely want to be far more certain about your measurements before injecting again. In the end, he was okay. From what I remember, he couldn't eat solid food for nearly 2 weeks and had trouble drinking liquids for a week.
 
Guessing at your dose is a surefire route to feeling awful. Among grey peptides, dosing mistakes are overwhelmingly the most frequent problem, since the majority of users have no experience with reconstituting powders or doing the math, which makes being off by 2x or 10x incredibly easy. If someone new took 6mg of reta, they would likely end up quite sick — nausea, vomiting, and probably a trip to get medical care — so you dodged a bullet there, which suggests you are not especially prone to side effects from it. Because these drugs stick around for about a week, that is a major concern, since adverse effects can drag on. A few hours of vomiting is bad enough, but a full week of it might land you in a hospital bed with an IV.

My advice: grab a pen and paper and map out your dilutions and doses. 30mg in 3ml works out to 10mg per 1 ml, so a 2.5mg dose means 0.25ml, a 6mg dose means 0.6ml, and so on. Where you can, pick simple round numbers, like 3ml for 30mg. To verify, figure out how many doses are contained in 30mg — for 6mg that is 5 doses — and 0.6ml multiplied by 5 gives 3ml, confirming it checks out in both directions. Then run it through an online calculator as a third check. After that, record everything and put a label on the vial showing the total amount, the concentration, and the dose. Triple checking may seem excessive, but it is honestly the bare minimum of care needed to lower the chance of errors. Even veterans of this still slip up, so you need a system that catches mistakes before you inject the wrong amount.
 
tcpnomad said:

harryballs said:

BNLFL said:

harryballs said:

Hey everyone, I know this might come across as a dumb question, but I've got a pep pen that shows 60 units, and my reta is 30mg with a 3ml cartridge (obviously). I'm trying to figure out how many units I should dial in for a 2.5 dose. Any guidance would be really appreciated, since I've been injecting 45.
What is the amount of your dose?
I'm aiming for 2.5mg, though I'm not clear on how that translates to the pen that has 60 units on it
Not trying to be harsh, but a bit of blunt honesty is needed here 😛. If you're going to dabble in gray-market peptides and inject them, learn what you're doing first — otherwise you risk harming yourself.

To start with, quit measuring everything in units. On their own, units tell you nothing at all.

Correct dosing requires 2 pieces of information. First, the dose you want, expressed in mg. Second, how concentrated the solution is, in mg/ml. With those, you work out how many units to draw up. There are plenty of calculators available for this.

Here's one.
No offence taken at all, mate — I'm here to learn 😁
 
Yep, those calculators being shared by everyone are meant to be used, and in my view they're an incredibly helpful tool. Run through your research calculations once, then a second time, and a third time as well.

Taking that much right at the start is a seriously large dose, but going forward just stay careful.
 
Back
Top