Dosage Inquiry

Antichud

Explorer
Joined
Sep 2, 2026
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Location
Utah
Okay, so my Reta starting dose was 1.2 mg, but honestly I feel ready to go higher lol. A lot of folks recommend holding the same dose for a month before going up, yet I'm considering raising it to 2 mg for the remainder of my 4-week cycle.

If anyone has gone through something like this, did you keep your starting dose for the whole month or move up earlier? Curious to hear what others have done.

Also, I'd be happy to talk about weight loss and other stuff in DMs. I'm still figuring out how this website works.
 
Antichud said:

Okay, so my Reta starting dose was 1.2 mg, but honestly I feel ready to go higher lol. A lot of folks recommend holding the same dose for a month before going up, yet I'm considering raising it to 2 mg for the remainder of my 4-week cycle.

If anyone has gone through something like this, did you keep your starting dose for the whole month or move up earlier? Curious to hear what others have done.

Also, I'd be happy to talk about weight loss and other stuff in DMs. I'm still figuring out how this website works.

If you raise your dose until it reaches the standard beginning amount… it doesn’t seem like you’d be breaking any new ground.
 
While it isn't a perfect rule, typically when someone isn't experiencing any side effects at their current amount, a modest, sensible bump upward is quite unlikely to trigger harsh or nasty reactions. But after effects and side effects do show up, you have to be more careful with raising the amount, because nearly always those mild side effects will become less mild when the amount goes up.

Also, blood levels accumulate over a month when you stay at the same amount, which is the reason the guidance is to raise amounts every 4 weeks. Check out glp1plotter.com to see how the drug accumulates in your body as time passes; this is something everyone ought to do regardless, but if you're following anything other than the standard recipe it's an especially good idea. It ought to spare you from needing to ask certain questions and helps you grasp the timing of how the drug operates.

That said, moving up to 2mg is actually even less likely to be a problem than usual, since it's the recommended starting amount and you're already handling 1.2mg.
 
lessthanhalf said:

While it isn't a perfect rule, typically when someone isn't experiencing any side effects at their current amount, a modest, sensible bump upward is quite unlikely to trigger harsh or nasty reactions. But after effects and side effects do show up, you have to be more careful with raising the amount, because nearly always those mild side effects will become less mild when the amount goes up.

Also, blood levels accumulate over a month when you stay at the same amount, which is the reason the guidance is to raise amounts every 4 weeks. Check out glp1plotter.com to see how the drug accumulates in your body as time passes; this is something everyone ought to do regardless, but if you're following anything other than the standard recipe it's an especially good idea. It ought to spare you from needing to ask certain questions and helps you grasp the timing of how the drug operates.

That said, moving up to 2mg is actually even less likely to be a problem than usual, since it's the recommended starting amount and you're already handling 1.2mg.
I really wish those who bump up by 1mg each week would take this advice. When I bring up sticking with the same dose for 4 weeks, they dismiss me as if I'm clueless.
 
woundcarping said:

Antichud said:

Okay, so my Reta starting dose was 1.2 mg, but honestly I feel ready to go higher lol. A lot of folks recommend holding the same dose for a month before going up, yet I'm considering raising it to 2 mg for the remainder of my 4-week cycle.

If anyone has gone through something like this, did you keep your starting dose for the whole month or move up earlier? Curious to hear what others have done.

Also, I'd be happy to talk about weight loss and other stuff in DMs. I'm still figuring out how this website works.

If you raise your dose until it reaches the standard beginning amount… it doesn’t seem like you’d be breaking any new ground.
I appreciate that, GLP-1 Specialist.
 
Don’t increase your dose too fast—this medication lingers in your system for quite some time. I learned that the hard way: I raised it too quickly and found it nearly impossible to eat.
 
Antichud said:

Okay, so my Reta starting dose was 1.2 mg, but honestly I feel ready to go higher lol. A lot of folks recommend holding the same dose for a month before going up, yet I'm considering raising it to 2 mg for the remainder of my 4-week cycle.

If anyone has gone through something like this, did you keep your starting dose for the whole month or move up earlier? Curious to hear what others have done.

Also, I'd be happy to talk about weight loss and other stuff in DMs. I'm still figuring out how this website works.
The trials began at 2 mg.
 
SarahMother said:

Don’t increase your dose too fast—this medication lingers in your system for quite some time. I learned that the hard way: I raised it too quickly and found it nearly impossible to eat.
Appreciate it, Mom. It was necessary.
 
Antichud said:

Okay, so my Reta starting dose was 1.2 mg, but honestly I feel ready to go higher lol. A lot of folks recommend holding the same dose for a month before going up, yet I'm considering raising it to 2 mg for the remainder of my 4-week cycle.

If anyone has gone through something like this, did you keep your starting dose for the whole month or move up earlier? Curious to hear what others have done.

Also, I'd be happy to talk about weight loss and other stuff in DMs. I'm still figuring out how this website works.
This subject comes up frequently in this community.

A quick way to gather plenty of details is to check out both older and recent discussions. Searching briefly, I turned up 2 threads --


Starting Dose Strategy on Reta – Slow Titration vs. Jumping to 2 mg Weekly


I'd like to kick off a conversation about the starting dose for Reta and get some genuine stories from others. I began very carefully: 0.5 mg for 2 weeks, then 1 mg for another 2 weeks. During the second week at 1 mg, I divided the week in half and injected another 1 mg. So at present I'm doing: 1 mg every...

051f0e2f5b7f6ffbb4a2f10b404546ba44b6197464dfbacec1b043fb189c69a3.png


GLP1Chat.com


what MG did you start at and how much, and how often, did you go up?


i'm curious what MG you all began your journey at and how quickly you titrated up?

051f0e2f5b7f6ffbb4a2f10b404546ba44b6197464dfbacec1b043fb189c69a3.png


GLP1Chat.com
 
Whether you feel like you could take on a higher dose isn't really the deciding factor. What matters is whether 1.2mg is delivering sufficient appetite suppression for you. If it is, there's no reason to change anything. If it isn't, then increase the dose. Stay at that level for 4+weeks.
 
Back
Top