Does Tirz end up abandoning everyone?

Airborne Daddy said:

Sasquatch said:

Every Thursday I take 15mg, then on Saturday another 4.5mg. The reason is mostly that my syringes hold .5ml. It does the job, but overriding my own signals has never been a problem for me, simply because around here we live in a buffet culture. Pretty much everyone is carrying serious extra weight. We simply don't care. Physicians, bless them, do their best to extend how long you live and how well you live. Credit where it's due, that has worked quite effectively. Still, nobody gets out of this world alive. Something will take you out. I never touched cigarettes. My guess is it'll probably be cancer, though thanks to the weight loss, a stroke becomes less likely.
Up 2lbs this week, and I've been stuck at 232 for 6 weeks despite adding cardio and reducing sugar further. Every 6 days: 10mg reta plus 2mg sema. Feels like my body declared after 15 months, "we're not buying your nonsense anymore." Glucose sitting above 100... I'm revolted. My stash is solid—my wife dropped 11lbs in her first month on an absurdly tiny dose. Sqwatch, I'm a crap responder, nice to meet you.
It comes across like you're feeling discouraged, or at the very least annoyed. 🙁

From my perspective, as latviantower mentioned, changing his approach helped him get moving toward his target again.

Every one of us is only RS, working on improving ourselves after realizing the responsibility rests with us and nobody else.

Keep going.🫡
 
Airborne Daddy said:

Sasquatch said:

Every Thursday I take 15mg, then on Saturday another 4.5mg. The reason is mostly that my syringes hold .5ml. It does the job, but overriding my own signals has never been a problem for me, simply because around here we live in a buffet culture. Pretty much everyone is carrying serious extra weight. We simply don't care. Physicians, bless them, do their best to extend how long you live and how well you live. Credit where it's due, that has worked quite effectively. Still, nobody gets out of this world alive. Something will take you out. I never touched cigarettes. My guess is it'll probably be cancer, though thanks to the weight loss, a stroke becomes less likely.
Up 2lbs this week, and I've been stuck at 232 for 6 weeks despite adding cardio and reducing sugar further. Every 6 days: 10mg reta plus 2mg sema. Feels like my body declared after 15 months, "we're not buying your nonsense anymore." Glucose sitting above 100... I'm revolted. My stash is solid—my wife dropped 11lbs in her first month on an absurdly tiny dose. Sqwatch, I'm a crap responder, nice to meet you.
It makes sense that you're annoyed — it genuinely seems as though your body has hit the brakes hard.

15 months of staying consistent is a big deal, and that counts for far more than a single stubborn stretch. What you're dealing with is a tough plateau.

Once you've been at it this long, stalls tend to be the norm. Those 2 pounds could just as easily be water, stress, or shifts in glucose rather than actual fat gain. Stick with it — it does pass. There are people who remain stuck for months before anything moves again.
 
YoYoFat said:

From what I recall, the SURMOUNT trial indicated that weight reduction with Tirz tends to plateau somewhere between 1 year and 72 weeks.
this has me a bit spooked, honestly. I began tirz in late June of last year. For the past 2 months I've been grinding, sitting 6 pounds out from goal, on 8 mg tirz plus 1.6 mg Survo. Titrating up isn't appealing since I can't face the fatigue that hits for a few weeks each time I raise it. A week or 2 back I moved to single vials of reta (37 mg) and I'm stepping it up somewhat quickly, purely so nothing lapses while the tirz clears out. The only reason I'm messing with reta at all is to confirm it won't be terrible for me, which lets me keep slowly stockpiling it, not because I believe it's what will get me to the finish.

In the meantime... when I started playing with reta, did that pause the 72-week clock? Or does it keep ticking, burning time I should be using while I'm still inside that window? Nobody can say, since no one ran a trial on "what happens if they quit, restart, and move to a different glp-1," plus the endless variables of "randompersonrandom is fucking around."
 
randompersonrandom said:

YoYoFat said:

From what I recall, the SURMOUNT trial indicated that weight reduction with Tirz tends to plateau somewhere between 1 year and 72 weeks.
this has me a bit spooked, honestly. I began tirz in late June of last year. For the past 2 months I've been grinding, sitting 6 pounds out from goal, on 8 mg tirz plus 1.6 mg Survo. Titrating up isn't appealing since I can't face the fatigue that hits for a few weeks each time I raise it. A week or 2 back I moved to single vials of reta (37 mg) and I'm stepping it up somewhat quickly, purely so nothing lapses while the tirz clears out. The only reason I'm messing with reta at all is to confirm it won't be terrible for me, which lets me keep slowly stockpiling it, not because I believe it's what will get me to the finish.

In the meantime... when I started playing with reta, did that pause the 72-week clock? Or does it keep ticking, burning time I should be using while I'm still inside that window? Nobody can say, since no one ran a trial on "what happens if they quit, restart, and move to a different glp-1," plus the endless variables of "randompersonrandom is fucking around."
Honestly, “randompersonrandom is fucking around” may be the single most scientifically sound variable anyone has ever recorded 😅

By now I doubt a clock even exists anymore… it feels less like a trial and more like all of us quietly walked away from the protocol months ago and started improvising.

Joking aside, juggling that many messy variables while sitting only 6 lbs from goal is genuinely impressive.

I hope you manage to finish this off without waking up the fatigue boss fight all over again 🫶
 
The usual explanation people give for thinking GLP drugs have stopped doing anything is simple: the drugs did their job, you dropped weight, and now you sit at the weight that matches your current dose. Losing weight slows your metabolism and ramps up appetite, which creates the impression that the medication quit on you. But when the scale holds steady at a lower number, that is the drug still working — keep going and it will keep that loss in place.

As for GLP drugs and BED, I'd say the science there is still very young. It isn't an established, accepted treatment at this point, though the early findings lean hard toward them being effective.

What worked for me was deciding that high calorie / highly rewarding foods were simply off limits — I couldn't handle them in sane portions, so I cut them out entirely. Combined with a high protein, low calorific density way of eating, that took me from 145kg down to 75 kg, and I held it for a year. Even so, hunger was with me most of the time. Not the out-of-control kind, but enough that daily life was considerably less enjoyable. Then I found cheap chinese GLP drugs, and keeping the weight off became far easier: 15mg of tirz plus 5 of reta, and more recently 0.5 of cagri on top of that.
 
i know this will probably earn me some backlash. still, here is my own tirz and BED story.

back in my 20s, roughly 11 years ago, i dropped just over 100lbs through nothing but stubbornness and hard work. after that i began regaining gradually while fooling myself that i was bulking to add muscle. covid arrived, everything closed, i was laid off multiple times, and most of the weight came back.

when i started again i shed around 60lbs across about 10 months and thought "why not, i meet the criteria and have pre diabetes, this could make it easier" and it did. the following 50ish pounds came off with almost no struggle because i repeated what had worked for the first 60 and the 100 before that.. simply push my hunger aside and eat my prepped meals, only this time with far less mental strain. whenever my weight slowed or stalled i would redo my meals slightly lighter, or bulk them up (tip: toss in some pre shredded coleslaw mix for crunch at roughly 3 calories)

after i reached the normal bmi range my PCP told me to stop losing and hold the total weight, and to spend about 6 months getting used to what and how much i eat. then the worst thing hit.. i lost my day job and with it the health insurance that covered my brand name zepbound. once more i told myself "well ill do a bulk and try to put on some muscle and enjoy the holidays" and gained 35lbs in about 4 months, then had to take it back off... without the zep i removed 25lbs in roughly 3 months. then i found this forum and got back on the sauce.

which brings me to now. i take 1.25mg tirz every 7-8 days. compared with the 2.5mg i used to lose the 50 before. the first time around i only went up to 5 for about a month before the job thing happened so i got nothing from that. this time though im deliberately stretching the gap a bit more and taking a bit less, specifically so i can feel the hunger and food noise returning as a reference before i wipe them out. i know what to eat because i just follow whatever the calorie calculators tell me, and if they are slightly off i tweak the final couple hundred calories but i always keep a little space for those BED episodes i only notice once im already inside one by sticking to the routine and getting the chance to think "i haven't eaten something over the sink in my underwear in a while.. why am i doing it now?"

because tirz kept me from being hungry i had that realization of "why am i eating when i feel so full already?" because for me its not about hunger, i just want to EAT. so when i lost access for a while i just told myself "im not actually hungry right now, my stomach is lying to me". and would simply ignore it. i eat what im supposed to eat and maybe a couple bite my wife leaves over and just go about my day.

TL😀R i used my time on tirz to learn my stomach is a liar and just ignore it, stick to my calories and move on, but also how to spot a BED episode when im in it and to avoid falling into one to begin with.
 
lessthanhalf said:

The usual explanation people give for thinking GLP drugs have stopped doing anything is simple: the drugs did their job, you dropped weight, and now you sit at the weight that matches your current dose. Losing weight slows your metabolism and ramps up appetite, which creates the impression that the medication quit on you. But when the scale holds steady at a lower number, that is the drug still working — keep going and it will keep that loss in place.

As for GLP drugs and BED, I'd say the science there is still very young. It isn't an established, accepted treatment at this point, though the early findings lean hard toward them being effective.

What worked for me was deciding that high calorie / highly rewarding foods were simply off limits — I couldn't handle them in sane portions, so I cut them out entirely. Combined with a high protein, low calorific density way of eating, that took me from 145kg down to 75 kg, and I held it for a year. Even so, hunger was with me most of the time. Not the out-of-control kind, but enough that daily life was considerably less enjoyable. Then I found cheap chinese GLP drugs, and keeping the weight off became far easier: 15mg of tirz plus 5 of reta, and more recently 0.5 of cagri on top of that.
That's a genuinely reflective way of looking at it, and it holds together logically — particularly the idea that a given dose settles into a "new normal."

And massive credit for the weight loss and for keeping it off; that outcome is seriously impressive.

The bit about hunger still being there despite doing everything "right" — that's the piece I suspect a lot of people don't take seriously enough. It's at that point that it stops looking like a matter of habits alone.

Thank you for taking the time to lay all of that out. 🫶
 
bbbilly said:

i know this will probably earn me some backlash. still, here is my own tirz and BED story.

back in my 20s, roughly 11 years ago, i dropped just over 100lbs through nothing but stubbornness and hard work. after that i began regaining gradually while fooling myself that i was bulking to add muscle. covid arrived, everything closed, i was laid off multiple times, and most of the weight came back.

when i started again i shed around 60lbs across about 10 months and thought "why not, i meet the criteria and have pre diabetes, this could make it easier" and it did. the following 50ish pounds came off with almost no struggle because i repeated what had worked for the first 60 and the 100 before that.. simply push my hunger aside and eat my prepped meals, only this time with far less mental strain. whenever my weight slowed or stalled i would redo my meals slightly lighter, or bulk them up (tip: toss in some pre shredded coleslaw mix for crunch at roughly 3 calories)

after i reached the normal bmi range my PCP told me to stop losing and hold the total weight, and to spend about 6 months getting used to what and how much i eat. then the worst thing hit.. i lost my day job and with it the health insurance that covered my brand name zepbound. once more i told myself "well ill do a bulk and try to put on some muscle and enjoy the holidays" and gained 35lbs in about 4 months, then had to take it back off... without the zep i removed 25lbs in roughly 3 months. then i found this forum and got back on the sauce.

which brings me to now. i take 1.25mg tirz every 7-8 days. compared with the 2.5mg i used to lose the 50 before. the first time around i only went up to 5 for about a month before the job thing happened so i got nothing from that. this time though im deliberately stretching the gap a bit more and taking a bit less, specifically so i can feel the hunger and food noise returning as a reference before i wipe them out. i know what to eat because i just follow whatever the calorie calculators tell me, and if they are slightly off i tweak the final couple hundred calories but i always keep a little space for those BED episodes i only notice once im already inside one by sticking to the routine and getting the chance to think "i haven't eaten something over the sink in my underwear in a while.. why am i doing it now?"

because tirz kept me from being hungry i had that realization of "why am i eating when i feel so full already?" because for me its not about hunger, i just want to EAT. so when i lost access for a while i just told myself "im not actually hungry right now, my stomach is lying to me". and would simply ignore it. i eat what im supposed to eat and maybe a couple bite my wife leaves over and just go about my day.

TL😀R i used my time on tirz to learn my stomach is a liar and just ignore it, stick to my calories and move on, but also how to spot a BED episode when im in it and to avoid falling into one to begin with.
What you've accomplished in terms of self-awareness and discipline really deserves admiration.

Not everyone is able to turn tirz into a tool for recognizing their own patterns and building that sort of framework.

That said, your situation also shows, I think, how much BED varies from one person to the next. When cases are more severe, there are often deeper issues involved that don't always get fully worked through, so it isn't simply a matter of suppressing appetite or following through on a plan, even if you understand precisely what's going on.

Your way of handling things is truly impressive and quite valuable, though perhaps not something most people could easily copy?

Thank you so much for sharing your experience 🤗
 
Back
Top