308fan
Explorer
My friend picked this up at a shop recently. How could this possibly be correct?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Yeah, she's new to this. Seems like an error was made somewhere.spyke65 said:
Has your friend done this before? 6.6mg twice weekly strikes me as a rough place to begin. The titration schedule escalates absurdly fast as well. A typical starting dose is 2.5mg per week for 4 weeks.
308fan said:
My friend picked this up at a shop recently. How could this possibly be correct?
A friend of mine is a woman, 70 years old, standing about 5-08 and weighing 140 lbs. Her goal was simply to shed a small amount of weight. Tomorrow I plan to stop by the shop and get some answers.on2jinm said:
308fan said:
My friend picked this up at a shop recently. How could this possibly be correct?
The one figure we don't have is how much liquid is in there overall. Say it's 3ml: then each of the first 4 shots (33U) works out to 2.2mg, so 4.4mg per week. The next 4 shots (37U) come to roughly 2.47mg apiece, which is 4.94mg weekly. Add those 8 doses up and you land near 18.68 mg, with 2.8ml gone. Carrying that same ratio forward, a 41U dose would be about 2.73mg (~5.46g/wk), though that assumes a fresh pen. Strange way to ramp up, no question. Forgive me for asking something blunt, but could the higher starting point be because your friend began at a heavy weight? That isn't how it's normally done, as far as I know.
Let's start with the assumption that only 1 pen is involved. In that case, the amount it holds has to cover at least the total units called for by the schedule:on2jinm said:
308fan said:
My friend picked this up at a shop recently. How could this possibly be correct?
The one figure we don't have is how much liquid is in there overall. Say it's 3ml: then each of the first 4 shots (33U) works out to 2.2mg, so 4.4mg per week. The next 4 shots (37U) come to roughly 2.47mg apiece, which is 4.94mg weekly. Add those 8 doses up and you land near 18.68 mg, with 2.8ml gone. Carrying that same ratio forward, a 41U dose would be about 2.73mg (~5.46g/wk), though that assumes a fresh pen. Strange way to ramp up, no question. Forgive me for asking something blunt, but could the higher starting point be because your friend began at a heavy weight? That isn't how it's normally done, as far as I know.
It's a neighborhood shop that stocks peptides for walk-in purchase. Sort of like a med spa, except it's purely a peptide outlet.Vriende said:
I'm not sure what you're referring to as a "shop," but if that's how a Med Spa runs things, it seems risky!
I'm happy I discovered grey!
That whole setup screams red flags, and there is no way I'd let a person like that stick a needle in me with whatever they're peddling. Beyond that, suppose the seller launched into some justification for why a physical storefront openly hawking what is almost certainly grey-market product, already mixed up on-site by somebody with terrible judgment, struck them as a smart move — I'd check out after the opening four words. The moment a sketchy character starts explaining anything, my ears shut off. Same goes for guys lecturing about feminism, advice nobody asked for, or responses to a yes-or-no question of mine that don't start or finish with 1, Yes 0, No 2, I'm not sure or 3, Sometimes.308fan said:
It's a neighborhood shop that stocks peptides for walk-in purchase. Sort of like a med spa, except it's purely a peptide outlet.Vriende said:
I'm not sure what you're referring to as a "shop," but if that's how a Med Spa runs things, it seems risky!
I'm happy I discovered grey!
Fair enough, I skimmed it too fast!on2jinm said:
308fan said:
My friend picked this up at a shop recently. How could this possibly be correct?
The one figure we don't have is how much liquid is in there overall. Say it's 3ml: then each of the first 4 shots (33U) works out to 2.2mg, so 4.4mg per week. The next 4 shots (37U) come to roughly 2.47mg apiece, which is 4.94mg weekly. Add those 8 doses up and you land near 18.68 mg, with 2.8ml gone. Carrying that same ratio forward, a 41U dose would be about 2.73mg (~5.46g/wk), though that assumes a fresh pen. Strange way to ramp up, no question. Forgive me for asking something blunt, but could the higher starting point be because your friend began at a heavy weight? That isn't how it's normally done, as far as I know.
308fan said:
A friend of mine is a woman, 70 years old, standing about 5-08 and weighing 140 lbs. Her goal was simply to shed a small amount of weight. Tomorrow I plan to stop by the shop and get some answers.on2jinm said:
308fan said:
My friend picked this up at a shop recently. How could this possibly be correct?
The one figure we don't have is how much liquid is in there overall. Say it's 3ml: then each of the first 4 shots (33U) works out to 2.2mg, so 4.4mg per week. The next 4 shots (37U) come to roughly 2.47mg apiece, which is 4.94mg weekly. Add those 8 doses up and you land near 18.68 mg, with 2.8ml gone. Carrying that same ratio forward, a 41U dose would be about 2.73mg (~5.46g/wk), though that assumes a fresh pen. Strange way to ramp up, no question. Forgive me for asking something blunt, but could the higher starting point be because your friend began at a heavy weight? That isn't how it's normally done, as far as I know.
randompersonrandom said:
That whole setup screams red flags, and there is no way I'd let a person like that stick a needle in me with whatever they're peddling. Beyond that, suppose the seller launched into some justification for why a physical storefront openly hawking what is almost certainly grey-market product, already mixed up on-site by somebody with terrible judgment, struck them as a smart move — I'd check out after the opening four words. The moment a sketchy character starts explaining anything, my ears shut off. Same goes for guys lecturing about feminism, advice nobody asked for, or responses to a yes-or-no question of mine that don't start or finish with 1, Yes 0, No 2, I'm not sure or 3, Sometimes.308fan said:
It's a neighborhood shop that stocks peptides for walk-in purchase. Sort of like a med spa, except it's purely a peptide outlet.Vriende said:
I'm not sure what you're referring to as a "shop," but if that's how a Med Spa runs things, it seems risky!
I'm happy I discovered grey!