Does the time of day you pin matter?

Kasos

Explorer
Joined
Jul 18, 2026
Messages
39
Reaction score
0
Location
Somewhere, TX
Do you all notice any difference depending on when during the day you pin? About 2 weeks ago I moved my 3 mg Reta dose to the morning, and roughly 24 hours afterward I began having stomach issues. That never happened back when I was pinning at night. (Actually…while I’m writing this, it occurs to me that both of the last 2 weeks I also ate brisket on the same day as my pin, so that might be what’s behind it!) Curious what everyone else thinks!
 
The half-life of Reta is around 6 days. The timing of your injection shouldn't be a factor.

Also, this belongs in the Reta section.
 
I've consistently pinned in the evening, figuring I'd be asleep through any early side effects, but I haven't experienced any (with Tirz), so....? I've kept doing it at night regardless, it's simple enough to brush my teeth, inject, and head to bed.
 
People say injecting right before sleep is best because you can snooze past any reactions, but I really don't believe that's how it plays out (for me, anyway, lol). When I took my 2nd dose, I ended up with a splitting headache plus some tiredness, and it hung around for about 24 hours. So taking it at night didn't spare me from any of that.
 
I do mine in the morning. My reasoning: should anything unexpected occur, I figure daytime means more medical personnel around. Yeah, I genuinely believe that.
 
oldjarhead said:

I do mine in the morning. My reasoning: should anything unexpected occur, I figure daytime means more medical personnel around. Yeah, I genuinely believe that.
That's a fascinating point. It really does make a lot of sense.
 
Everyone's body handles it somewhat differently, but from what people report, most hit peak saturation at roughly 36hrs — meaning that's about when the strongest effects show up, both the good and the bad. So if sides are hitting you @ 24hrs after your pin, that's your personal timing, and you should plan around it — in your position, I'd pin @ night before bed whenever you get rough side effects, so you can get as close as possible to sleeping through them the following night.
 
oldjarhead said:

I do mine in the morning. My reasoning: should anything unexpected occur, I figure daytime means more medical personnel around. Yeah, I genuinely believe that.
Speaking as someone who works in medicine: weekends are the real concern. 🤣
 
Kasos said:

Do you all notice any difference depending on when during the day you pin? About 2 weeks ago I moved my 3 mg Reta dose to the morning, and roughly 24 hours afterward I began having stomach issues. That never happened back when I was pinning at night. (Actually…while I’m writing this, it occurs to me that both of the last 2 weeks I also ate brisket on the same day as my pin, so that might be what’s behind it!) Curious what everyone else thinks!
When it comes to GLP1s, morning is my default, though honestly there's no strong reason behind it…with other peptides, the timing hinges on how they hit you—if they wake you up, go morning; if they make you drowsy, go evening…
 
Back
Top