Does the effect weaken after stopping?

vale113

Explorer
Joined
Apr 12, 2026
Messages
154
Reaction score
0
Location
Italia
I'm aware that when you quit GLP-1 medications and later begin again, the results aren't as strong. Is this also true for amylin agonists such as cagrilintide and eloralintide?
 
vale113 said:

I'm aware that when you quit GLP-1 medications and later begin again, the results aren't as strong. Is this also true for amylin agonists such as cagrilintide and eloralintide?
My impression is that this hasn't really come up yet, largely since elora is still so new and hasn't hit the research market. What about cagri, though?
 
I went a month or more without tirz, then picked it back up, and the results were identical. Of course, I began at the same starting low dose as before and titrated upward, so the early phase didn't hit as hard—exactly the way it went the first time.
 
CNCCurrency said:

vale113 said:

I'm aware that when you quit GLP-1 medications and later begin again, the results aren't as strong. Is this also true for amylin agonists such as cagrilintide and eloralintide?
My impression is that this hasn't really come up yet, largely since elora is still so new and hasn't hit the research market. What about cagri, though?
Even if it's a newer option, my impression is that it works much like Cagri.
 
vale113 said:

CNCCurrency said:

vale113 said:

I'm aware that when you quit GLP-1 medications and later begin again, the results aren't as strong. Is this also true for amylin agonists such as cagrilintide and eloralintide?
My impression is that this hasn't really come up yet, largely since elora is still so new and hasn't hit the research market. What about cagri, though?
Even if it's a newer option, my impression is that it works much like Cagri.
Yeah, comparable—but the fact that the half-life is nearly 2 times as long makes me suspect elora has something extra going on?
 
For certain individuals, halting and resuming may indeed yield weaker results, from what I can tell. That said, a few studies on GLP-1s suggest that taking a longer break so the receptors can reset can actually outperform simply upping the dose. Since this area is still quite fresh, it really comes down to individual variation. If you do decide to go that way, I'd appreciate hearing what happens.
 
For GLP's or amylin agonists, nobody has an answer at this point.

In rodents, one study found that semaglutide's effectiveness dropped with repeated stop-start cycles; during the off periods, the animals were given a high fat diet and permitted to put weight back on. Apart from that, the only other thing out there is a handful of anecdotal posts online from people who felt GLP's worked less well once they restarted ( though in many cases this is actually because they had already shed weight ). No one has replicated that rodent study or run it in humans, but the effect seen was fairly strong and somewhat concerning, enough that I would hesitate before stopping and starting.

When it comes to amylin agonists such as cargi, there is no research whatsoever as of now.
 
Back
Top