Does semaglutide cause anhedonia as often?

dannyh

Explorer
Joined
Mar 30, 2026
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Location
London
I've been on Reta for several months. The weight loss has been excellent, but as my dose has increased, anhedonia has become more noticeable.

Since I'm nearing my goal weight and moving into maintenance, I plan to switch off reta. That said, I'm aware tirz can also bring on anhedonia. I've come across mentions that sema may do the same, yet there isn't much conversation about it—so perhaps it's less common?

Is anhedonia with sema reported as frequently? Has anyone managed to reduce anhedonia by moving from tirz or reta over to sema?
 
dannyh said:

I've been on Reta for several months. The weight loss has been excellent, but as my dose has increased, anhedonia has become more noticeable.

Since I'm nearing my goal weight and moving into maintenance, I plan to switch off reta. That said, I'm aware tirz can also bring on anhedonia. I've come across mentions that sema may do the same, yet there isn't much conversation about it—so perhaps it's less common?

Is anhedonia with sema reported as frequently? Has anyone managed to reduce anhedonia by moving from tirz or reta over to sema?
According to what's said, tirzepatide may bring on anhedonia when taken at high doses across extended maintenance stretches, whereas retatrutide — at least based on anecdotes — can trigger it at lower doses, though it may also fade over time.

Hardly anyone sticks to Sema alone these days
 
dannyh said:

I've been on Reta for several months. The weight loss has been excellent, but as my dose has increased, anhedonia has become more noticeable.

Since I'm nearing my goal weight and moving into maintenance, I plan to switch off reta. That said, I'm aware tirz can also bring on anhedonia. I've come across mentions that sema may do the same, yet there isn't much conversation about it—so perhaps it's less common?

Is anhedonia with sema reported as frequently? Has anyone managed to reduce anhedonia by moving from tirz or reta over to sema?
Sema hasn't caused me any anhedonia problems whatsoever.
 
Back
Top