Does NPP clash with the blue dye on the dopamine system?

Tbagger

Explorer
Joined
Oct 22, 2025
Messages
97
Reaction score
0
Location
Oregon USA
Methylene blue has been part of my routine for a long while now, and the upsides, mild as they are, are worth having. What I'm considering next is a short cycle built on 300mg test-c and 200mg NPP. What nags at me is how NPP and methylene blue might collide where dopamine is concerned. A biologist I am definitely not, and on this particular subject I've been able to dig up almost nothing.

From what I've been able to work out, methylene blue protects the neurons that make dopamine and keeps dopamine from being depleted. NPP, by contrast, lowers dopamine receptor density and pulls extracellular dopamine down. So it seems to me that the methylene blue might take the edge off some of the emotional side effects. All I wanted was to check whether I'm reading that right, since plenty of people here understand these pharmacological interactions and the theory behind them far better than I do. Getting it badly wrong and making the adverse sides worse is the last thing I want. I posted the same question on Meso, though how useful that board is depends entirely on the day.
 
Real information about an MAO-I combined with nandrolone doesn't seem to exist anywhere.

I could feed it to Claude with a high effort prompt and then act like I know the answer. So could you.

Risking it is not something I'd do. There's a long list of safe things for managing sides, and jumping straight to something as retarded as methylene blue makes no sense. Then again, I haven't really dug into it. Report back on how it turns out. A pity there aren't more AAS people around here.

This isn't your first cycle, I take it. What made you pick nandrolone — the safety profile?
 
Methylene blue has been in my routine for years, and never as a way of managing a particular side. I mainly wanted to find out whether anybody here has real first hand experience with how the two interact. Most likely I'll simply set it aside while running the cycle. After an 18 month cut I'm finally sitting at roughly 12%, so a proper bulk is on the cards. Nandrolone is my pick because it tends to be tolerated well and, at conservative doses, the sides stay fairly mild. It also carries a reputation for adding a solid amount of lean mass. Beyond that, I'm genuinely looking forward to the joint relief — my left shoulder and right elbow have been bothering me for a while now, and nothing I've tried from peptides has helped. AAS is still new territory for me; this will be my second cycle. The first was Test plus a low dose of Var, which I tolerated without any trouble.
 
Tbagger said:

Methylene blue has been in my routine for years, and never as a way of managing a particular side. I mainly wanted to find out whether anybody here has real first hand experience with how the two interact. Most likely I'll simply set it aside while running the cycle. After an 18 month cut I'm finally sitting at roughly 12%, so a proper bulk is on the cards. Nandrolone is my pick because it tends to be tolerated well and, at conservative doses, the sides stay fairly mild. It also carries a reputation for adding a solid amount of lean mass. Beyond that, I'm genuinely looking forward to the joint relief — my left shoulder and right elbow have been bothering me for a while now, and nothing I've tried from peptides has helped. AAS is still new territory for me; this will be my second cycle. The first was Test plus a low dose of Var, which I tolerated without any trouble.

I'd really like to hear more specifics about your test and low dose var cycle. I'm trying to learn as much as I can since I'm thinking about running it myself. Funny enough, I just wrapped up writing a post on that very topic 30 seconds ago.
 
Shittersfull said:

I'd really like to hear more specifics about your test and low dose var cycle. I'm trying to learn as much as I can since I'm thinking about running it myself. Funny enough, I just wrapped up writing a post on that very topic 30 seconds ago.

There's an older thread where I covered this.



/community-link/thread/14366/
 
Back
Top