Does KPV Make Symptoms Worse at First?

tendency

Explorer
Joined
Oct 21, 2025
Messages
243
Reaction score
0
Location
Midwest, USA
Has anyone noticed their symptoms getting worse right after they began taking KPV? I've used it for roughly 3 weeks now, at 500mcg per day, and over the past week my eczema has flared up quite a bit. I'm hoping this is some kind of 'healing crisis' and that things will get better? To figure it out, I'm pausing KPV for 1 week. Has anyone else gone through something like this?
 
My flare-up probably wasn’t caused by KPV — I began taking it hoping it would improve my rosacea. Like you, I’ve been on it for roughly 3 weeks, at 500 mcg per day, and I just finished a flare-up that went on for a week (likely set off by the sun). I plan to continue KPV for another 1 or 2 months, since I clearly haven’t used it long enough for it to have any effect. In any case, I’m not sure this is useful to you, but I’ll definitely post an update if my flare-ups get better 👍
 
Mayostardayonnaise said:

My flare-up probably wasn’t caused by KPV — I began taking it hoping it would improve my rosacea. Like you, I’ve been on it for roughly 3 weeks, at 500 mcg per day, and I just finished a flare-up that went on for a week (likely set off by the sun). I plan to continue KPV for another 1 or 2 months, since I clearly haven’t used it long enough for it to have any effect. In any case, I’m not sure this is useful to you, but I’ll definitely post an update if my flare-ups get better 👍
I used KPV for a total of 3 months. At the beginning, I didn't see any flare ups; the first month just seemed like not much was different. Once I passed the initial 30 days, I clearly saw things get better. I've now been off it for 1 month, and my elbows and knees have gone back to normal—which, in my case, means not good—so I'm considering running another cycle.
 
I'm only 2 weeks into KPV and things have been fine up to now. My reason for pinning it alongside GHK is to try to bring my eczema down overall. So after reading this, I'll be watching way too closely for any flare ups over the coming weeks while I stick with it. 😬
 
Back
Top