Does buffered NAD+ ever show up yellow?

Nopenada

Explorer
Joined
Feb 6, 2026
Messages
102
Reaction score
0
Location
Orlando
I haven't added any liquid to it yet, but those yellow discs really don't sit well with me.

From what I've gathered so far, if something mixes up into anything but a clear solution, it should contain copper or 5-Amino — otherwise it's garbage. Could a yellow puck still turn clear once reconstituted, or should I brace myself for something that looks like pee?
 
NAD+ ought not to be kept in a transparent vial under any circumstances, yet a faint yellow hue is to be expected with NAD+, since a minor portion of NADH is frequently present within it, and that substance carries a yellowish color naturally.
 
I was about to make a similar post. I've gone through 3 vials of NAD+, all marketed as buffered. The first 2 came through clear. The 3rd, which I got from a different supplier, has a yellow tint. After searching online, I found that NAD can indeed have a yellow tint.

Now I'm second-guessing whether those first 2 vials were actually legit. Before starting the new vial, I'm taking a few extra days off NAD because the appearance is so different.

For those of you using NAD+, what color do you typically notice?
 
The color of the puck is impossible for me to judge. A dark amber glass vial is what it arrives in. Once it's in the syringe, it appears clear. The side effects tell me it is legit.
 
Back
Top