Does being on GLP's make hot weather easier to handle??

Johnny D

Explorer
Joined
Apr 25, 2026
Messages
100
Reaction score
0
Location
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Anyone else feel like hot, muggy conditions are less of a problem while taking GLP's??

I'm on Ozempic right now. Before, I really couldn't stand heat and humidity, but since starting Ozempic it no longer gets to me.

Yesterday Toronto hit 32 Celsius. I went for a jog and felt fantastic.

The heat didn't cause me any trouble at all.

Has this happened to anyone else while using Sema, Tirz or Reta??
 
Johnny D said:

Anyone else feel like hot, muggy conditions are less of a problem while taking GLP's??

I'm on Ozempic right now. Before, I really couldn't stand heat and humidity, but since starting Ozempic it no longer gets to me.

Yesterday Toronto hit 32 Celsius. I went for a jog and felt fantastic.

The heat didn't cause me any trouble at all.

Has this happened to anyone else while using Sema, Tirz or Reta??
I agree, though I believe it's because I've lost weight, rather than the medication alone.
 
Johnny D said:

Anyone else feel like hot, muggy conditions are less of a problem while taking GLP's??

I'm on Ozempic right now. Before, I really couldn't stand heat and humidity, but since starting Ozempic it no longer gets to me.

Yesterday Toronto hit 32 Celsius. I went for a jog and felt fantastic.

The heat didn't cause me any trouble at all.

Has this happened to anyone else while using Sema, Tirz or Reta??
Completely! Before Tirz, I couldn't stand trying to sleep during last summer with my bedroom sitting at 78ºF overnight.

These days, I can even keep blankets on at around the same temperature. I'm with Ultima Thule on this one — it's likely the pounds coming off rather than the peps doing the work.

On the flip side; back in March I was absolutely freezing when the office was 62ºF; I browsed heated vests but couldn't make the purchase make sense since I was dropping 10lb/mo and had no clue what size to get!

Daytime temps in the 60's used to be my favorite, and I liked the bedroom in the 50's... This winter is going to hit my wallet.
 
ultima thule said:

Johnny D said:

Anyone else feel like hot, muggy conditions are less of a problem while taking GLP's??

I'm on Ozempic right now. Before, I really couldn't stand heat and humidity, but since starting Ozempic it no longer gets to me.

Yesterday Toronto hit 32 Celsius. I went for a jog and felt fantastic.

The heat didn't cause me any trouble at all.

Has this happened to anyone else while using Sema, Tirz or Reta??
I agree, though I believe it's because I've lost weight, rather than the medication alone.
However, up to now I've dropped just 7 lbs (from 206 lbs down to 199 lbs).

There are still another 25 lbs I need to shed.

Then again, perhaps you're correct—even a small amount of weight loss could have a major impact.
 
Living in Bama and dealing with 100+ degree heat at the moment, I've realized I don't begin sweating nearly as quickly while working outdoors. Still, like other folks have pointed out, could that be an effect of the medication or just because I'm no longer hauling around 40+ extra pounds? 🤷‍♀️
 
Johnny D said:

Anyone else feel like hot, muggy conditions are less of a problem while taking GLP's??

I'm on Ozempic right now. Before, I really couldn't stand heat and humidity, but since starting Ozempic it no longer gets to me.

Yesterday Toronto hit 32 Celsius. I went for a jog and felt fantastic.

The heat didn't cause me any trouble at all.

Has this happened to anyone else while using Sema, Tirz or Reta??
That matches my experience. A year ago, even sitting in the shade during warm conditions had me perspiring with no exertion at all. Belgium hit 41°C last week, and I hardly noticed it. The change comes from going between 102kg and 74kg, cholesterol moving from 195 to 161, and blood sugar dropping from 98 to 77. Those shifts, brought about by GLP-1's, are why I handle the heat more easily.
 
spanky2026 said:

Living in Bama and dealing with 100+ degree heat at the moment, I've realized I don't begin sweating nearly as quickly while working outdoors. Still, like other folks have pointed out, could that be an effect of the medication or just because I'm no longer hauling around 40+ extra pounds? 🤷‍♀️
That's something I've picked up on as well — my sweating has increased quite a bit, though I don't mind as long as the heat and humidity aren't making me feel like I can't breathe.
 
Johnny D said:

Anyone else feel like hot, muggy conditions are less of a problem while taking GLP's??

I'm on Ozempic right now. Before, I really couldn't stand heat and humidity, but since starting Ozempic it no longer gets to me.

Yesterday Toronto hit 32 Celsius. I went for a jog and felt fantastic.

The heat didn't cause me any trouble at all.

Has this happened to anyone else while using Sema, Tirz or Reta??
Once I started dropping pounds early on, I felt far chillier, and these days I barely perspire at all.

What caused all of that? Could be the weight coming off, being more active, or eating cleaner — I honestly can't say.

All I know is I'm glad I no longer have to wring out my shirt in this Texas heat 🙂
 
Skidude said:

Johnny D said:

Anyone else feel like hot, muggy conditions are less of a problem while taking GLP's??

I'm on Ozempic right now. Before, I really couldn't stand heat and humidity, but since starting Ozempic it no longer gets to me.

Yesterday Toronto hit 32 Celsius. I went for a jog and felt fantastic.

The heat didn't cause me any trouble at all.

Has this happened to anyone else while using Sema, Tirz or Reta??
Once I started dropping pounds early on, I felt far chillier, and these days I barely perspire at all.

What caused all of that? Could be the weight coming off, being more active, or eating cleaner — I honestly can't say.

All I know is I'm glad I no longer have to wring out my shirt in this Texas heat 🙂
My wife and I are on the same page about this. A while back I turned the AC up to 78*. When I do yard work in the afternoon and don't sweat, it drives my neighbors crazy. Keep in mind, we've lived in Florida forever, so we're used to this crap. Still hot as hell.
 
I've been working outdoors in Mississippi, though for about the past year I've mostly been inside air-conditioned machinery. The previous summer was tolerable, but this one is going better now that I'm 70lb lighter.

Supposedly, a few days ago the heat index hit 110°F or 43°C.

At home, my sleeping temperature has shifted from 68° up to 72-74°, an unexpected bonus I hadn't anticipated.
 
When I'm on a deficit with Reta, I get cold for sure. Growing up I was that kid who'd run around barely dressed. These days I'm wearing socks inside my own house.
 
I’d say the difference is real, though I can’t tell whether it comes from the weight loss or from the medication itself. I’ve spent my entire life in AZ, and this feels like one of the first summers I can recall where the heat hasn’t become unbearable already.
 
Sounds like body fat % is the bigger factor here, not the GLP's. Since dropping a lot of weight, my hyperhidrosis has improved a great deal. Back then, the second I walked into a heated room, I could literally feel sweat dripping from my armpits. The worst part was going from freezing temp into a warm room 😭. While losing weight without GLP's, I saw my symptom slowly improve. There's a heat wave in NYC and thankfully no sweating from a casual walk. I've also noticed that at my current body weight I be much colder than I was at the same weight 2 years ago. It certainly sounds like body fat % or an increase in lean muscle mass is the contributing factor.
 
Johnny D said:

Anyone else feel like hot, muggy conditions are less of a problem while taking GLP's??

I'm on Ozempic right now. Before, I really couldn't stand heat and humidity, but since starting Ozempic it no longer gets to me.

Yesterday Toronto hit 32 Celsius. I went for a jog and felt fantastic.

The heat didn't cause me any trouble at all.

Has this happened to anyone else while using Sema, Tirz or Reta??
Haha, try saying that after a trip to South Louisianna. 😥
 
PepPimp said:

Johnny D said:

Anyone else feel like hot, muggy conditions are less of a problem while taking GLP's??

I'm on Ozempic right now. Before, I really couldn't stand heat and humidity, but since starting Ozempic it no longer gets to me.

Yesterday Toronto hit 32 Celsius. I went for a jog and felt fantastic.

The heat didn't cause me any trouble at all.

Has this happened to anyone else while using Sema, Tirz or Reta??
Haha, try saying that after a trip to South Louisianna. 😥
I looked up the weather in Toronto and New Orleans, and yesterday Toronto was 2 degrees Celsius warmer
 
Johnny D said:

PepPimp said:

Johnny D said:

Anyone else feel like hot, muggy conditions are less of a problem while taking GLP's??

I'm on Ozempic right now. Before, I really couldn't stand heat and humidity, but since starting Ozempic it no longer gets to me.

Yesterday Toronto hit 32 Celsius. I went for a jog and felt fantastic.

The heat didn't cause me any trouble at all.

Has this happened to anyone else while using Sema, Tirz or Reta??
Haha, try saying that after a trip to South Louisianna. 😥
I looked up the weather in Toronto and New Orleans, and yesterday Toronto was 2 degrees Celsius warmer
For your area, that kind of heat isn't typical. Here, June is usually miserable, while the hot stretch tends to arrive in October and can last even longer. Where I am in SW Florida, the climate is classified as sub tropical.
 
BNLFL said:

Johnny D said:

PepPimp said:

Johnny D said:

Anyone else feel like hot, muggy conditions are less of a problem while taking GLP's??

I'm on Ozempic right now. Before, I really couldn't stand heat and humidity, but since starting Ozempic it no longer gets to me.

Yesterday Toronto hit 32 Celsius. I went for a jog and felt fantastic.

The heat didn't cause me any trouble at all.

Has this happened to anyone else while using Sema, Tirz or Reta??
Haha, try saying that after a trip to South Louisianna. 😥
I looked up the weather in Toronto and New Orleans, and yesterday Toronto was 2 degrees Celsius warmer
For your area, that kind of heat isn't typical. Here, June is usually miserable, while the hot stretch tends to arrive in October and can last even longer. Where I am in SW Florida, the climate is classified as sub tropical.
That isn't the case. Right now we're in the middle of a heatwave



f9bac73d7872654764a1690b3008bceee0fbc9f8a5ec6a1dcf409ee76661152b.jpg




Toronto weather recap: Toronto fire reports surge in heat-related emergency incidents; some city pools to stay open late



Across the Greater Toronto Area and the rest of Ontario, Thursday brought no relief from the heat wave.

Image unavailable


www.thestar.com
 
Johnny D said:

BNLFL said:

Johnny D said:

PepPimp said:

Johnny D said:

Anyone else feel like hot, muggy conditions are less of a problem while taking GLP's??

I'm on Ozempic right now. Before, I really couldn't stand heat and humidity, but since starting Ozempic it no longer gets to me.

Yesterday Toronto hit 32 Celsius. I went for a jog and felt fantastic.

The heat didn't cause me any trouble at all.

Has this happened to anyone else while using Sema, Tirz or Reta??
Haha, try saying that after a trip to South Louisianna. 😥
I looked up the weather in Toronto and New Orleans, and yesterday Toronto was 2 degrees Celsius warmer
For your area, that kind of heat isn't typical. Here, June is usually miserable, while the hot stretch tends to arrive in October and can last even longer. Where I am in SW Florida, the climate is classified as sub tropical.
That isn't the case. Right now we're in the middle of a heatwave



View attachment 11168



Toronto weather recap: Toronto fire reports surge in heat-related emergency incidents; some city pools to stay open late



Across the Greater Toronto Area and the rest of Ontario, Thursday brought no relief from the heat wave.

Image unavailable


www.thestar.com
Caught that on the news this morning too. The entire upper east side of N America is under it. I figure we're better set up for heat around here, though you've definitely got the advantage when it's cold.
 

Attachments

  • f9bac73d7872654764a1690b3008bceee0fbc9f8a5ec6a1dcf409ee76661152b.jpg
    f9bac73d7872654764a1690b3008bceee0fbc9f8a5ec6a1dcf409ee76661152b.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 5
BNLFL said:

Johnny D said:

PepPimp said:

Johnny D said:

Anyone else feel like hot, muggy conditions are less of a problem while taking GLP's??

I'm on Ozempic right now. Before, I really couldn't stand heat and humidity, but since starting Ozempic it no longer gets to me.

Yesterday Toronto hit 32 Celsius. I went for a jog and felt fantastic.

The heat didn't cause me any trouble at all.

Has this happened to anyone else while using Sema, Tirz or Reta??
Haha, try saying that after a trip to South Louisianna. 😥
I looked up the weather in Toronto and New Orleans, and yesterday Toronto was 2 degrees Celsius warmer
For your area, that kind of heat isn't typical. Here, June is usually miserable, while the hot stretch tends to arrive in October and can last even longer. Where I am in SW Florida, the climate is classified as sub tropical.
Yep, I'm in SE FL, and I can say it's hot and humid more often than not 😅

As for the original question, I too deal with the heat better these days on tirz, and I'm also attributing that to weighing less and having less fat
 
Since I live along the gulf coast, extreme heat and humidity are just part of life here, and we've adapted accordingly.

Altogether I've got 7 ton of AC capacity (2 units — 5 and 2). A lot of the trouble happens in places without central air at all, and that would be impossible to endure around here.

Wet bulb actually tells you more about the full picture, and this summer the east coast plus the northern half of the continent are getting hit hard.

At the moment Toronto is nearly as rough as the gulf coast.

Neat site with a graphic:

https://zoom.earth/maps/temperature-wet-bulb/#view=35.43,-64.81,5z/model=icon





7186044c5a92b7c02324ab7a9a80d8c650da603e96572fc0960200698e112ec5.webp
 
Back
Top