Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I'm trying to figure out what the danger is. I did some reading, but I still don't really get how staking works on a network or what could go wrong.koffea said:
Every coin I hold that supports staking, I stake it.
Crypto isn't something I need on a daily basis, so if there's a lock-up period, I'm fine with waiting. As far as I can tell, there's no real drawback for me.
Plus, I'm earning at least a small amount of interest.
The main danger is that the market could tank while your coins are locked up for staking. You won't be able to sell them quickly, and if a coin's value drops, the rewards you earn from staking won't be enough to offset that loss.tcpnomad said:
I'm trying to figure out what the danger is. I did some reading, but I still don't really get how staking works on a network or what could go wrong.koffea said:
Every coin I hold that supports staking, I stake it.
Crypto isn't something I need on a daily basis, so if there's a lock-up period, I'm fine with waiting. As far as I can tell, there's no real drawback for me.
Plus, I'm earning at least a small amount of interest.
As for how those tokens get used, there's no single answer. Certain projects treat staking as a mechanism to pull tokens out of circulation, which is supposed to make the price rise. Rewards for stakers can then come from network fees or other income sources. But there's a catch: when the reward paid to stakers is the very token they've locked up, that introduces sell pressure. The result can be that you're earning 5-10% APY on the amount you staked, while the token's price has dropped 30-40% since you started staking.tcpnomad said:
I'm trying to figure out what the danger is. I did some reading, but I still don't really get how staking works on a network or what could go wrong.koffea said:
Every coin I hold that supports staking, I stake it.
Crypto isn't something I need on a daily basis, so if there's a lock-up period, I'm fine with waiting. As far as I can tell, there's no real drawback for me.
Plus, I'm earning at least a small amount of interest.
unfortunately Monero has no staking supportHabibibi said:
way too complex in my case, plus I'm clueless about how taxes work on it. My only goal is buying drugs, so my process is: load stablecoin from my bank, move it to a custodial wallet, then forward it to the vendor.