Does anyone here have firsthand experience with ACD856, particularly alongside or versus Semax?

dirtyharry

Explorer
Joined
Feb 25, 2026
Messages
71
Reaction score
0
Location
Alabama
I've been digging into other people's reports on Semax lately. As for me, I've had it in my routine for close to 2 weeks at this point. While browsing Reddit, I came across a handful of threads where a comparable compound, ACD856, was brought up. I realize it's classified as a nootropic, but I thought it might still belong in this discussion forum, given that Semax behaves in a nootropic-like way. For anyone unaware, ACD856 targets the BDNF receptors, which is quite similar to how Selank works.

Because nobody has brought this substance up on this forum yet, I'm wondering whether anyone here has given it a try? I'm really interested in what effects it produces, above all how it stacks up against something in the same ballpark like Semax.
 
This is the first I have heard of it. Since joining this forum, I cannot recall a single mention of it from anyone.
 
CNCCurrency said:

This is the first I have heard of it. Since joining this forum, I cannot recall a single mention of it from anyone.
From what I've gathered, it appears to be relatively new. As far as I know, just a small number of suppliers stock it (none of them are from this site).
 
Its activity spans trka, trkb, and trkc rather than only trkb (as is the case with bdnf). This makes it quite compelling and a plausible genuine medication; from what I can gather it remains under active development, with phase 1 trials for alzheimer's and preclinical work for other indications such as depression.

Even with those two phase 1 studies, I would not call it confidently safe for use. Headache rates were very high, 1 participant had elevated amylase levels (pancreas), and another showed raised liver enzymes, though a drug link was not confirmed. Gastrointestinal effects may also occur. Regulators evidently deemed this tolerable enough to proceed to phase 2, but the profile is far from a no risk set of results. Study doses ranged from 10-90mg/day; human dosing is not yet established. At the upper end of that range it gets somewhat costly: 500mg/$33 usd.

Because it engages 3 major brain chemical systems, the impact could be potent, and I doubt the consequences of hitting trka and trkc are as thoroughly characterized, so unforeseen and serious adverse effects are possible. Waiting at minimum for phase 2 data would be far safer, especially since the phase 1 findings were not squeaky clean and the mechanism is complex.
 
lessthanhalf said:

Its activity spans trka, trkb, and trkc rather than only trkb (as is the case with bdnf). This makes it quite compelling and a plausible genuine medication; from what I can gather it remains under active development, with phase 1 trials for alzheimer's and preclinical work for other indications such as depression.

Even with those two phase 1 studies, I would not call it confidently safe for use. Headache rates were very high, 1 participant had elevated amylase levels (pancreas), and another showed raised liver enzymes, though a drug link was not confirmed. Gastrointestinal effects may also occur. Regulators evidently deemed this tolerable enough to proceed to phase 2, but the profile is far from a no risk set of results. Study doses ranged from 10-90mg/day; human dosing is not yet established. At the upper end of that range it gets somewhat costly: 500mg/$33 usd.

Because it engages 3 major brain chemical systems, the impact could be potent, and I doubt the consequences of hitting trka and trkc are as thoroughly characterized, so unforeseen and serious adverse effects are possible. Waiting at minimum for phase 2 data would be far safer, especially since the phase 1 findings were not squeaky clean and the mechanism is complex.
I agree, that seems like the sensible conclusion. Perhaps this is simply a case where waiting for additional research and details is the smarter move. Still, it's fascinating how there always appears to be a fresh wave of drugs, nootropics, peptides and so on coming out.
 
I've tried both, so here's my perspective. ACD performs effectively as a nootropic, though stacking it with other compounds yields the best results. I combined it with TAK-653, and that noticeably amplified the effects. I prefer Semax acetyl N amidate over plain semax by a wide margin. In a nasal spray, it delivers an immediate, pronounced effect and is far more potent than ACD, even when ACD is stacked with other nootropics. I take it every morning alongside coffee and really enjoy the mental lift and clarity it gives. It ranks among my top peptides. In the evening, I also enjoy selank acetyl N amidate to unwind before bed.
 
wildcat0367 said:

I've tried both, so here's my perspective. ACD performs effectively as a nootropic, though stacking it with other compounds yields the best results. I combined it with TAK-653, and that noticeably amplified the effects. I prefer Semax acetyl N amidate over plain semax by a wide margin. In a nasal spray, it delivers an immediate, pronounced effect and is far more potent than ACD, even when ACD is stacked with other nootropics. I take it every morning alongside coffee and really enjoy the mental lift and clarity it gives. It ranks among my top peptides. In the evening, I also enjoy selank acetyl N amidate to unwind before bed.
Are those what are commonly called NA Selank and NA Semax? I've come across them a few times, but I wasn't certain whether the effects were noticeably stronger. All of this is really helpful. Thank you.
 
Back
Top