Does anyone here freeze dry their own supplies?

FartfulCodger said:

There are countless ways this type of procedure could fail, in my view. Pulling it off would require someone on Walter White's level.

"Raw materials" is a phrase I don't even fully understand. What would the method be? For GHK synthesis, would you purchase glycine, histidine, and lysine as separate items, then join them using a toothpick? Perhaps stick the blend to an old penny for some time so it turns into GHK-Cu? Thinking about it more, the cost alone would make it unfeasible.
 
BigScout said:

Perhaps "raw materials" wasn't the right way to put it. What I mean is purchasing the "raw" peptide powder and then dividing it into portions.

I'm not trying to set up a lab and do the compounding on my own.

Going by the replies, it seems like this idea is a real hit with everyone?? 😂
To me, that sounds like a really smart approach.

I spent several years working in China—though my field wasn’t peptides or anything pharma-related. I’d wager you could match or even surpass the lab standards they use.
 
I’ve definitely fallen into that rabbit hole. It started when I came across a real bulk peptide manufacturer. They sell only by the gram (that is, 1000mg), and the pricing is a small fraction of what Chinese resellers charge, so my mind naturally went there. There are ways to make the most of that, but definitely not lyophilizing it on my own, and yes, I checked into that as well.
 
3Ljeffy said:

Gt3294a said:

BigScout said:

Perhaps "raw materials" wasn't the right way to put it. What I mean is purchasing the "raw" peptide powder and then dividing it into portions.

I'm not trying to set up a lab and do the compounding on my own.

Going by the replies, it seems like this idea is a real hit with everyone?? 😂
The thing is, if you're actually committed to this, it gets wild. A while back I thought about picking up a jar of Tadalafil powder and just dividing it into pills on my own. I'm talking roughly 2 cents per pill. They sell the stuff by the jar. Looking back, that wasn't exactly my smartest move.
Ha, so you went down that path as well? I mean, sure, it sucked up a ton of time, but honestly it wasn't terrible.... do you still have that capsule machine? 😉 🙂 🙂
Yep. Once you see what’s available, that rabbit hole feels a lot like stepping into a candy shop.
 
I mean, Breaking Bad showed something along those lines, so how tough could it really be? 🤷🏼‍♀️🤣

(Just kidding, everyone)
 
With my background in clinical research, I can say outright that this is a truly bad plan. Producing crystal meth would actually be a lot simpler — and that is likewise a truly bad plan. So please, just steer clear of this.
 
UghItsStupidNIHateIT said:

With my background in clinical research, I can say outright that this is a truly bad plan. Producing crystal meth would actually be a lot simpler — and that is likewise a truly bad plan. So please, just steer clear of this.
At one point I read up on meth production. Hours went by as I read, and when I finally shut the browser, my palms were damp and my mouth was parched. The process fascinated me, and I felt a strong urge to cook meth. If some random guy in a chemistry class can pull it off, what's stopping me? After all, I've made cold process soap, lotions, shampoo, vanilla extract, grown tomatoes, built a lovely table and chair... My brain shouted "NO, GO OUTSIDE AND PLAY." Everything I've ever created, I've also overindulged in. The fact that I've never touched meth probably wouldn't keep me from turning into a meth head, because hey, I've got all this meth sitting here, can't just throw it away!
 
683a7af05724096179f2c4dcffbec22c3119801d1723798134d43f50d955e61b.gif
 
The heading of this thread caught my eye, and I figured it would be entertaining. Sure enough, everyone came through like always. Thanks for the morning chuckle.
 
BigScout said:

Lately I’ve been considering picking up raw materials and running them through a freeze dryer on my own. The gear required isn’t insanely costly.

Naturally, I’d have to make sure the raw products are sterile and that the setting in my personal “lab” is sterile too.

I figured I’d put this thought out there and find out whether anyone else has gone down that road.

If spending 15k-20k on equipment doesn't strike you as pricey, then go ahead.

Should your numbers fall short of that range, an error was made on your end.

On top of that, you'd need months of training—supervised hands-on practice in particular—before you could pull this off without putting someone's life at risk.
 
randompersonrandom said:

indolent said:

OMG
Yesterday at 7:31 pm, in a thread about several Australians getting liver poisoning, @dogmom said:

It's odd that these cases aren't reported more often. Some folks still believe they can purchase bags of raw peps of reta and tirz and fill vials on their own. Others think tap water works fine for reconstitution.

Roughly 4 hours afterward, this guy says "hey so...."
In my view, that indicates the vials shipped directly from China hold quite decent, pure product.
 
For personal use, the quantity required would be nowhere near that amount..

If the intent is profit, you might as well peddle Colombian marching powder and turn a profit-

You would probably end up killing fewer people.
 
eidos said:

BigScout said:

Lately I’ve been considering picking up raw materials and running them through a freeze dryer on my own. The gear required isn’t insanely costly.

Naturally, I’d have to make sure the raw products are sterile and that the setting in my personal “lab” is sterile too.

I figured I’d put this thought out there and find out whether anyone else has gone down that road.

If spending 15k-20k on equipment doesn't strike you as pricey, then go ahead.

Should your numbers fall short of that range, an error was made on your end.

On top of that, you'd need months of training—supervised hands-on practice in particular—before you could pull this off without putting someone's life at risk.
My impression was that the original poster meant the type of freeze-dryer you'd use to prepare sugary dried fruit snacks. Still, that wasn't really the central issue here.
 
Wasn't there a situation in Missouri where a few fellas ran into legal trouble? The whole "bathtub boys" thing, if I'm remembering right. They supposedly had a bunch of vehicles and 25m sitting in the bank?
 
Can this be pulled off using small scale equipment, instead of the big machinery that large factories in CN rely on? That is an interesting question.

Selling the product is an entirely different question.
 
Back
Top