Does anyone else find daily injections a drag some days?

FarmgirlRebel said:

RubbaDubba1 said:

FarmgirlRebel said:

To be honest, I would pick pinning over taking yet another vitamin or supplement any day...ugh.

In 2021 I had bariatric surgery (really wish Tirz had been an option at that time), which was drastic and resulted in permanent malabsorption, meaning I have to take vitamins and supplements every day or end up in the hospital.
Was it RNY or DS? My VSG was 17 years back.
Biliopancreatic Duodenal Switch/DS nearly cost me my life. We discovered that ordinary multivitamins and supplements simply weren't doing the job — my body wasn't taking in Thiamine no matter how much protein I consumed. That led to Wernicke's Encephalopathy, and I ended up spending several days in the ICU.

Luckily, while I was in the ER I could still speak clearly enough to whisper Duodenal Switch, and a nurse who was intrigued by my case wound up saving my life by starting a Thiamine push while they were treating me for a TIA.
Oh man, that sounds rough — sorry you had to go through it. That nurse really proved she knew her stuff! When you mentioned the permanent malabsorption part, it caught my attention, since that's something that can come with the DS. Not anywhere near as severe as your situation, but my mom also had a DS and had a hard time keeping up with her vitamins. During that 1st year she ended up at the doctor's office more than a few times — lots of blood work, plus me threatening to bring her to the ER — before she got back on track and was taking vitamins throughout the day. We brought up the idea of a revision more than once, but in the end everything turned out fine. She's still 175+lbs down today and doing pretty well.

Sorry for digging up unpleasant memories, but I'm glad you were willing to share that.
 
RubbaDubba1 said:

FarmgirlRebel said:

RubbaDubba1 said:

FarmgirlRebel said:

To be honest, I would pick pinning over taking yet another vitamin or supplement any day...ugh.

In 2021 I had bariatric surgery (really wish Tirz had been an option at that time), which was drastic and resulted in permanent malabsorption, meaning I have to take vitamins and supplements every day or end up in the hospital.
Was it RNY or DS? My VSG was 17 years back.
Biliopancreatic Duodenal Switch/DS nearly cost me my life. We discovered that ordinary multivitamins and supplements simply weren't doing the job — my body wasn't taking in Thiamine no matter how much protein I consumed. That led to Wernicke's Encephalopathy, and I ended up spending several days in the ICU.

Luckily, while I was in the ER I could still speak clearly enough to whisper Duodenal Switch, and a nurse who was intrigued by my case wound up saving my life by starting a Thiamine push while they were treating me for a TIA.
Oh man, that sounds rough — sorry you had to go through it. That nurse really proved she knew her stuff! When you mentioned the permanent malabsorption part, it caught my attention, since that's something that can come with the DS. Not anywhere near as severe as your situation, but my mom also had a DS and had a hard time keeping up with her vitamins. During that 1st year she ended up at the doctor's office more than a few times — lots of blood work, plus me threatening to bring her to the ER — before she got back on track and was taking vitamins throughout the day. We brought up the idea of a revision more than once, but in the end everything turned out fine. She's still 175+lbs down today and doing pretty well.

Sorry for digging up unpleasant memories, but I'm glad you were willing to share that.
No need to stress...perhaps one day someone dealing with a DS will come across this thread and tuck that knowledge away in their mind. I believed I was doing everything correctly, and usually that would have been sufficient, but as we're all aware, individuals differ. Happy to hear your mom is doing better...it took nearly a hundred pounds off me and in the end Tirz carried me the rest of the distance...but yes, diligence for life is required.

With all these peptides hitting the market, I frequently ponder whether at some point, drastic bariatric procedures will be viewed by future generations as rather barbaric.
 
FarmgirlRebel said:

RubbaDubba1 said:

FarmgirlRebel said:

RubbaDubba1 said:

FarmgirlRebel said:

To be honest, I would pick pinning over taking yet another vitamin or supplement any day...ugh.

In 2021 I had bariatric surgery (really wish Tirz had been an option at that time), which was drastic and resulted in permanent malabsorption, meaning I have to take vitamins and supplements every day or end up in the hospital.
Was it RNY or DS? My VSG was 17 years back.
Biliopancreatic Duodenal Switch/DS nearly cost me my life. We discovered that ordinary multivitamins and supplements simply weren't doing the job — my body wasn't taking in Thiamine no matter how much protein I consumed. That led to Wernicke's Encephalopathy, and I ended up spending several days in the ICU.

Luckily, while I was in the ER I could still speak clearly enough to whisper Duodenal Switch, and a nurse who was intrigued by my case wound up saving my life by starting a Thiamine push while they were treating me for a TIA.
Oh man, that sounds rough — sorry you had to go through it. That nurse really proved she knew her stuff! When you mentioned the permanent malabsorption part, it caught my attention, since that's something that can come with the DS. Not anywhere near as severe as your situation, but my mom also had a DS and had a hard time keeping up with her vitamins. During that 1st year she ended up at the doctor's office more than a few times — lots of blood work, plus me threatening to bring her to the ER — before she got back on track and was taking vitamins throughout the day. We brought up the idea of a revision more than once, but in the end everything turned out fine. She's still 175+lbs down today and doing pretty well.

Sorry for digging up unpleasant memories, but I'm glad you were willing to share that.
No need to stress...perhaps one day someone dealing with a DS will come across this thread and tuck that knowledge away in their mind. I believed I was doing everything correctly, and usually that would have been sufficient, but as we're all aware, individuals differ. Happy to hear your mom is doing better...it took nearly a hundred pounds off me and in the end Tirz carried me the rest of the distance...but yes, diligence for life is required.

With all these peptides hitting the market, I frequently ponder whether at some point, drastic bariatric procedures will be viewed by future generations as rather barbaric.
Sort of reminiscent of bloodletting—back then it appeared sensible? I can believe it; I'm aware that in certain parts of the country some Bariatric programs have seen declines of 30-40%. Without the WLS, I wouldn't be around, and without the Tirz/Reta I likely couldn't have held onto my job.

It might sound hard to believe, but thanks to the surgery I lost 100lbs in 9 weeks, 200 by 6 months, and 300 in less than a year, and around the 6-month mark I became Anemic. Just like you, I did everything I believed was right, but I neglected to begin a bariatric multivitamin after 6 weeks. For more than a year I needed an iron supplement, and it took 1.5 years for things to stabilize and for me to feel well again after dropping over 300lbs during that period.
 
FarmgirlRebel said:

RubbaDubba1 said:

FarmgirlRebel said:

RubbaDubba1 said:

FarmgirlRebel said:

To be honest, I would pick pinning over taking yet another vitamin or supplement any day...ugh.

In 2021 I had bariatric surgery (really wish Tirz had been an option at that time), which was drastic and resulted in permanent malabsorption, meaning I have to take vitamins and supplements every day or end up in the hospital.
Was it RNY or DS? My VSG was 17 years back.
Biliopancreatic Duodenal Switch/DS nearly cost me my life. We discovered that ordinary multivitamins and supplements simply weren't doing the job — my body wasn't taking in Thiamine no matter how much protein I consumed. That led to Wernicke's Encephalopathy, and I ended up spending several days in the ICU.

Luckily, while I was in the ER I could still speak clearly enough to whisper Duodenal Switch, and a nurse who was intrigued by my case wound up saving my life by starting a Thiamine push while they were treating me for a TIA.
Oh man, that sounds rough — sorry you had to go through it. That nurse really proved she knew her stuff! When you mentioned the permanent malabsorption part, it caught my attention, since that's something that can come with the DS. Not anywhere near as severe as your situation, but my mom also had a DS and had a hard time keeping up with her vitamins. During that 1st year she ended up at the doctor's office more than a few times — lots of blood work, plus me threatening to bring her to the ER — before she got back on track and was taking vitamins throughout the day. We brought up the idea of a revision more than once, but in the end everything turned out fine. She's still 175+lbs down today and doing pretty well.

Sorry for digging up unpleasant memories, but I'm glad you were willing to share that.
No need to stress...perhaps one day someone dealing with a DS will come across this thread and tuck that knowledge away in their mind. I believed I was doing everything correctly, and usually that would have been sufficient, but as we're all aware, individuals differ. Happy to hear your mom is doing better...it took nearly a hundred pounds off me and in the end Tirz carried me the rest of the distance...but yes, diligence for life is required.

With all these peptides hitting the market, I frequently ponder whether at some point, drastic bariatric procedures will be viewed by future generations as rather barbaric.
Looking back, it might come across as crude someday, yet I'd still make the same choice, even with these meds already available back then.
 
HereKittyKitty said:

FarmgirlRebel said:

RubbaDubba1 said:

FarmgirlRebel said:

RubbaDubba1 said:

FarmgirlRebel said:

To be honest, I would pick pinning over taking yet another vitamin or supplement any day...ugh.

In 2021 I had bariatric surgery (really wish Tirz had been an option at that time), which was drastic and resulted in permanent malabsorption, meaning I have to take vitamins and supplements every day or end up in the hospital.
Was it RNY or DS? My VSG was 17 years back.
Biliopancreatic Duodenal Switch/DS nearly cost me my life. We discovered that ordinary multivitamins and supplements simply weren't doing the job — my body wasn't taking in Thiamine no matter how much protein I consumed. That led to Wernicke's Encephalopathy, and I ended up spending several days in the ICU.

Luckily, while I was in the ER I could still speak clearly enough to whisper Duodenal Switch, and a nurse who was intrigued by my case wound up saving my life by starting a Thiamine push while they were treating me for a TIA.
Oh man, that sounds rough — sorry you had to go through it. That nurse really proved she knew her stuff! When you mentioned the permanent malabsorption part, it caught my attention, since that's something that can come with the DS. Not anywhere near as severe as your situation, but my mom also had a DS and had a hard time keeping up with her vitamins. During that 1st year she ended up at the doctor's office more than a few times — lots of blood work, plus me threatening to bring her to the ER — before she got back on track and was taking vitamins throughout the day. We brought up the idea of a revision more than once, but in the end everything turned out fine. She's still 175+lbs down today and doing pretty well.

Sorry for digging up unpleasant memories, but I'm glad you were willing to share that.
No need to stress...perhaps one day someone dealing with a DS will come across this thread and tuck that knowledge away in their mind. I believed I was doing everything correctly, and usually that would have been sufficient, but as we're all aware, individuals differ. Happy to hear your mom is doing better...it took nearly a hundred pounds off me and in the end Tirz carried me the rest of the distance...but yes, diligence for life is required.

With all these peptides hitting the market, I frequently ponder whether at some point, drastic bariatric procedures will be viewed by future generations as rather barbaric.
Looking back, it might come across as crude someday, yet I'd still make the same choice, even with these meds already available back then.
In the end, I have to agree. It did the job and was necessary back then, even with some pretty serious problems. Had I not gone through with it, chances are I wouldn't be around now to speculate about what's ahead!
 
PAPoots said:

And today was an easy one. BPC, TB, and TESA/IPA blend. I have no idea how people who pin 2-3x that amount every day, plus a pile of supplements, keep themselves motivated to stick with it.
Depends what you're comparing it to. Twice a week I put an inch and a half 23 gauge into my glute. So a few small belly pokes - no big deal.
 
FarmgirlRebel said:

HereKittyKitty said:

FarmgirlRebel said:

RubbaDubba1 said:

FarmgirlRebel said:

RubbaDubba1 said:

FarmgirlRebel said:

To be honest, I would pick pinning over taking yet another vitamin or supplement any day...ugh.

In 2021 I had bariatric surgery (really wish Tirz had been an option at that time), which was drastic and resulted in permanent malabsorption, meaning I have to take vitamins and supplements every day or end up in the hospital.
Was it RNY or DS? My VSG was 17 years back.
Biliopancreatic Duodenal Switch/DS nearly cost me my life. We discovered that ordinary multivitamins and supplements simply weren't doing the job — my body wasn't taking in Thiamine no matter how much protein I consumed. That led to Wernicke's Encephalopathy, and I ended up spending several days in the ICU.

Luckily, while I was in the ER I could still speak clearly enough to whisper Duodenal Switch, and a nurse who was intrigued by my case wound up saving my life by starting a Thiamine push while they were treating me for a TIA.
Oh man, that sounds rough — sorry you had to go through it. That nurse really proved she knew her stuff! When you mentioned the permanent malabsorption part, it caught my attention, since that's something that can come with the DS. Not anywhere near as severe as your situation, but my mom also had a DS and had a hard time keeping up with her vitamins. During that 1st year she ended up at the doctor's office more than a few times — lots of blood work, plus me threatening to bring her to the ER — before she got back on track and was taking vitamins throughout the day. We brought up the idea of a revision more than once, but in the end everything turned out fine. She's still 175+lbs down today and doing pretty well.

Sorry for digging up unpleasant memories, but I'm glad you were willing to share that.
No need to stress...perhaps one day someone dealing with a DS will come across this thread and tuck that knowledge away in their mind. I believed I was doing everything correctly, and usually that would have been sufficient, but as we're all aware, individuals differ. Happy to hear your mom is doing better...it took nearly a hundred pounds off me and in the end Tirz carried me the rest of the distance...but yes, diligence for life is required.

With all these peptides hitting the market, I frequently ponder whether at some point, drastic bariatric procedures will be viewed by future generations as rather barbaric.
Looking back, it might come across as crude someday, yet I'd still make the same choice, even with these meds already available back then.
In the end, I have to agree. It did the job and was necessary back then, even with some pretty serious problems. Had I not gone through with it, chances are I wouldn't be around now to speculate about what's ahead!
So relieved that you went through with it! It's a good thing you managed to say DS.
 
Dos-Dox said:

On days when I only need 1 pin, I honestly get a bit restless. That said, I usually cap myself at 2-3/day and make an effort to stay disciplined so I don't over-stack by running too many compounds simultaneously. I also take 1 or 2 week breaks where the only thing I do is a once-weekly GLP. That appears to keep any pin fatigue from building up.
I'm with you on that. It seems like I'm letting some aspect of my health slide.

Does that make me an addict??
 
Same here. My routine is just 2 shots a day (covering 3 peptides) plus 1 weekly, but on top of that I take morning meds, evening meds, and…I believe 8 different vitamins/supplements that I cycle through. The pills bother me more than the needles do, though the needles are starting to wear on me as well!
 
Rtrain said:

Today was one of those days. When I took the syringe out of the vial, I managed to stick my finger with it. 🙄
I know that feeling all too well!
 
FarmgirlRebel said:

To be honest, I would pick pinning over taking yet another vitamin or supplement any day...ugh.

In 2021 I had bariatric surgery (really wish Tirz had been an option at that time), which was drastic and resulted in permanent malabsorption, meaning I have to take vitamins and supplements every day or end up in the hospital.
It's unfortunate that you ended up needing that path, yet I'm happy the weight came off and that you're able to inject.
 
Gt3294a said:

PAPoots said:

And today was an easy one. BPC, TB, and TESA/IPA blend. I have no idea how people who pin 2-3x that amount every day, plus a pile of supplements, keep themselves motivated to stick with it.
Depends what you're comparing it to. Twice a week I put an inch and a half 23 gauge into my glute. So a few small belly pokes - no big deal.
I honestly couldn't tell you what gauge my Test syringe is, but whether I jab a nerve in my glute feels like a 5050 toss-up. When I miss the nerve, it's about the same as using the 30g syringe.

My BPC-157 and Tesa/IPA shots didn't happen until close to noon today. I still need to find that peptide crossword puzzle link that lays out what's safe to combine. A dull needle's sting doesn't really get to me these days. Still, a single poke beats 3-5, depending on how the day goes.

Fingers crossed the BP and TB sort out my elbow pain across the next could weeks ago, and then I can drop those. The tesa/Ipa will be wrapped up in another couple weeks as well. So I'm eager to get down to only my weekly Cagri and Reta dose.
 
PAPoots said:

Gt3294a said:

PAPoots said:

And today was an easy one. BPC, TB, and TESA/IPA blend. I have no idea how people who pin 2-3x that amount every day, plus a pile of supplements, keep themselves motivated to stick with it.
Depends what you're comparing it to. Twice a week I put an inch and a half 23 gauge into my glute. So a few small belly pokes - no big deal.
I honestly couldn't tell you what gauge my Test syringe is, but whether I jab a nerve in my glute feels like a 5050 toss-up. When I miss the nerve, it's about the same as using the 30g syringe.

My BPC-157 and Tesa/IPA shots didn't happen until close to noon today. I still need to find that peptide crossword puzzle link that lays out what's safe to combine. A dull needle's sting doesn't really get to me these days. Still, a single poke beats 3-5, depending on how the day goes.

Fingers crossed the BP and TB sort out my elbow pain across the next could weeks ago, and then I can drop those. The tesa/Ipa will be wrapped up in another couple weeks as well. So I'm eager to get down to only my weekly Cagri and Reta dose.
I use BPC and TB as a pair. A lot of suppliers offer something like a 10mg plus 10mg vial combo. In the past I dosed them on their own with separate timing, but this is a clear case where combining them works better for me.
 
Vash_ said:

Peptides are fine with me. Test, though, is an actual pain in the ass…
Shots into muscle are the worst, and testosterone occasionally left me with lumps, plus there's that chance of nicking a blood vessel… Man, I couldn't stand them!
 
Back
Top