Does anyone else find allodynia/dysesthesia pleasant?

jjplantgeek

Explorer
Joined
Nov 18, 2025
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
Location
KS
Reta has started giving me a few of those allodynia/dysesthesia side effects, mainly dysesthesia-type sensations. Is there anyone else who kind of likes it? Maybe it makes me feel like the medication is doing something, or I can't put my finger on it, but as I said—I'm sort of into it.
 
At the start, while it was still mild, I sort of did. It appeared to bring on more frisson too, particularly with music playing. After a week or two, though, it became excessive and wouldn't let up.

Fortunately it has eased off to only a small amount on the day following pinning. So things are back in good feelz territory.
 
I wouldn't describe the sensation as enjoyable--it made it tougher to get to sleep. That adverse effect, along with weak hunger curbing, is the reason I stepped away from Reta and went back to Tirz. Even so, every now and then I now take a modest amount of Reta, just to remain in the game. My hope is to go back to Reta eventually, since from what I gather the allodynia fades by itself after some time. Should the allodynia ever start bothering you, Magnesium, Guaifenesin, and electrolytes have been floated by others as things that might help. I can't personally vouch for them, though. Enjoy it for as long as you can!
 
Allodynia/dysesthesia

I don't know what either of those terms means, and I can't be bothered to search for a definition.
 
This past week I've been noticing it, and honestly I'm not enjoying it much haha. The sensitivity has a 'painful' quality.

I'm hoping it fades, but I'm still on 2mg & tomorrow I'm about to increase to 3mg/4mg.
 
That allodynia sensation you're describing? I get it, and honestly it doesn't bother me - there's something about it that makes me feel like the peptide is doing its job.

It also takes me back to a vitamin I took years ago that made my skin flush, so part of it might just be that familiar feeling.
 
Meritocrat said:

Soooo... did it ever happen that you read 50 shades of grey before stepping into the grey space?
That would make a pretty solid forum handle, honestly.
 
The dysesthesia only kicked in for me this week, right after my Tuesday injection. Wednesday was definitely the peak of sensitivity, and over the rest of the week it has eased up. It hasn’t disappeared completely, and I wouldn’t call it pleasant at all. It’s not so bad that I’d think about quitting the medication, but I’m not enjoying it either.

Has this stuck around for you, or did your body eventually adapt and it faded away?
 
jpru2001 said:

Meritocrat said:

Soooo... did it ever happen that you read 50 shades of grey before stepping into the grey space?
That would make a pretty solid forum handle, honestly.
There's a member here who goes by that name. In her signature, she mentions it relates to her eyeglasses business (I believe that's the case). I'm curious whether there's a story behind why she felt the need to include that signature.
 
Mine doesn't really register as pain...more of an increased sensitivity of the skin. It's kind of like a persistent tingle, or even the sensation that my skin is crawling. For the most part, I've come to enjoy it. The other day I got a sports massage that involved scraping and cupping, though, and with that skin sensitivity it was absolute bloody hell!
 
Back
Top