Does anyone else feel the cold on these meds?

Dos-Dox said:

For me it kicked in over the last 15 pounds of loss. I am in the south, so I can tell you with certainty it is NOT cold anywhere near here in August. Even so, I have usually got a blanket on most mornings and evenings now.

It is metabolic. We know this. Just one big energy balance. But it is still weird.
A SC bro reporting in. Golf tomorrow, in a 105 heat index.

To OP's question, with me it comes down to running a significant calorie deficit, GLP1 or otherwise. Indoors at work or anywhere else, I spend the whole day freezing. These days the house sits at 75 or 76.
 
Just dropping a lot of weight, before I ever started GLP's, left me both much happier in hot conditions and generally colder. Some of that is losing inches of insulating fat, but a pretty large drop in daily energy expenditure plays a part too — whatever the temperature, my body would not burn energy on shivering. Add tirz plus reta and the cold really bites, most of all in my forearms, where even a small slide from 21 to 19 degrees c magnifies the odd skin sensations, and I am often in long sleeves to shut it down.
 
Back
Top