Do you tell your Dr you're on peps?

skeptick said:

Flash-BCR said:

When I requested a prescription for Tirz from my primary care physician, she mentioned that their practice offers Tirz on-site. I left with 4 pre-filled compounded Tirz syringes on the same list...
This is the 1st time I've come across something like that... Could you tell me about insurance coverage? What about out-of-pocket cost? How much is given per dose? What kind of insulin syringe is used? Are various dosage strengths available (for example: 2.5mg, 5mg, 7.5mg, etc)? ThanX
Tirz wasn't covered by my insurance...I didn't hit the cutoff...She suggested starting at 5mg, but I said 2.5mg since I tend to be sensitive to meds (I puked that first weekend at 2.5😯) The next month I moved up to 5mg...2.5mg ran $250 a month, 5mg was $300 a month, and 7.5mg would've been $350 a month. I'm sure they had all of it in stock....I stopped at the $350 point and went to a compounder, then a single vial, then grey...
 
I wouldn’t, because when I travel abroad I’d fear that my travel insurance provider would find a loophole to deny any claim I filed, should I become unwell.
 
FLglpguy said:

When I showed up at the ER because my dentist's office found my blood pressure was high, the doctor there made it brutally obvious that my survival meant nothing to him. His exact words to me were that if things went badly I'd end up a vegetable and a burden on my wife. Right to my face he said that dying fast would actually be the lucky outcome, better than pulling through a heart attack or stroke and leaving my wife to suffer through having to unplug me.

From what I've dealt with, doctors in the US are not folks I'd ever want to cross paths with. They hung an IV on me, I sat around for 4hrs, and the bill came to $7k. FUCK US DOCS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's absolutely unbelievable!
 
woundcarping said:

notfatanymore123 said:

I kept it from mine. If I had told her, she'd realize she never wrote me a rx for it. She'd see that I take chances, and she'd be warier about what she hands me down the line. Pain meds or benzos, for instance. Would she suspect I'd misuse them?

My own view is that grey peps carry less risk than morbid obesity.

For instance, when you're seeing multiple physicians?
Hmm. That's something to consider. I'd like to learn more about it.
 
angeliquereta said:

notfatanymore123 said:

I kept it from mine. If I had told her, she'd realize she never wrote me a rx for it. She'd see that I take chances, and she'd be warier about what she hands me down the line. Pain meds or benzos, for instance. Would she suspect I'd misuse them?

My own view is that grey peps carry less risk than morbid obesity.
I let her know, since in case something goes wrong, I want a proper diagnosis. She's already written me a prescription for it, but my insurance won't pay because I don't have diabetes or any other condition—just sleep apnea, which isn't covered in Canada—even though I'm not dealing with morbid obesity. So she gets it, even if she doesn't agree.
What does "pb" mean?
 
Just to be clear, tirz was the only thing I brought up with her, because she couldn't write a script for it anyway. I said I'd go the telehealth plus compounding route. Every month I email her my current weight, BP, and whatever side effects are going on, and she puts that into my chart. When nausea hit during the first couple of months, she also wrote me a Zoloft script. Honestly, she's been very supportive.

My KPV and MT-1 experiments stay private. If I ever land in the ED for any reason, I'd likely fill the emergency doc in.
 
notfatanymore123 said:

woundcarping said:

notfatanymore123 said:

I kept it from mine. If I had told her, she'd realize she never wrote me a rx for it. She'd see that I take chances, and she'd be warier about what she hands me down the line. Pain meds or benzos, for instance. Would she suspect I'd misuse them?

My own view is that grey peps carry less risk than morbid obesity.

For instance, when you're seeing multiple physicians?
Hmm. That's something to consider. I'd like to learn more about it.
Regarding seeing multiple doctors? Getting a Tirz prescription online could happen as soon as this week.

A PCP isn't part of my care team, though I do see a dentist, optometrist, ortho, and gastro, plus 3 tele MDs over the past year.

For years, various typical PHP have handled things like physicals and minor sniffles for me.

No single one of them owns any piece of my health care. The responsibility lands on me to give each the information they need for the services they provide.

There might be some situation where it would matter that I'm on Tirz, Reta, Sema, Cag, Elora, etc or some mix of them. Usually, saying Zepbound or Tirz covers letting them know the health care details that are relevant.
 
HRH_IceQueen said:

Absolutely not. I'm searching for a new PCP since I intend to fire the one I have now. For a while he's been pushing a statin on me, and on top of that, when I asked for a full bloodwork panel to check my hormones, he refused and claimed what I'm dealing with isn't hormonal (smdh).

I came across an online gyno who managed to order a full bloodwork panel for me, and naturally the results showed my hormones were out of whack. I plan to tell her at my next appt later this year.
That's one appointment I'd simply neglect to attend.................
 
I'm not sure I'd mention it to my PCP, but we go to a Hormone specialist who's pretty receptive to this kind of thing, and I think she ought to be aware of what we're using. A lot of what Im taking, she'd prescribe for me regardless.
 
I mention trt and leave it at that. Should a surgery come up, then I'd bring up compounded tirz.

As for hgh, if I owned up to it, there'd be no mystery about where it comes from — no HIV, no pituitary problem, so black market is the only explanation. And my income bracket sure isn't opening any other door lol.

Hell, I'm running pitavastatin and Ezetimibe that I prescribed myself (courtesy of my indian friends), since they won't acknowledge preventative cardiac care. I keep quiet about it, and whenever something new gets prescribed, I check the indications and contra indications before I take it. Still, an under 40 ldl, 44 apo b, and low triglycerides leave them pretty impressed.
 
It really comes down to which doctor you're dealing with. In my case, I let mine know about the Reta — he's never had an issue with that kind of stuff. Honestly, he's never hesitated to write me a script for anything I've asked for either lol. To me, having him in the loop matters.
 
Since mine refuses to prescribe trt, I mentioned that I'd been talking with a clinic. When I raised the idea of a glp-1, he was receptive, but he said coverage wouldn't happen ... so I'll just handle that on my own too and inform him. If that costs me my GP, I'll simply return to clinics.
 
This has been on my mind for a while — I keep wondering what share of folks come clean with their physician, and how often that physician reacts with anger, irritation, or a lecture. Honestly, the idea of bringing it up with mine makes me nervous; I picture getting a scolding.
 
Funnily enough, this past Thursday was my first PCP visit in years…chose one from my insurance company's list of PCPs…I felt anxious, but I planned to at least mention my Tirz, and I did.

When I got there, the walls had ads for NAD and Glutathione, and they completely support peps. The blood tests they ordered are coming soon 😊
 
reta-stacker said:

Does "PCP" stand for personal care physician? Or something else? Thx
In principle, a primary care provider is the physician or nurse practitioner you see for all general needs, the one who sends you on to the appropriate specialists when necessary. They look after the big picture of your health, plus everyday issues like colds and other routine illnesses.
 
At my first appointment with a newly assigned family doctor, I brought up the peptide research I'd been doing on myself. I also laid out the major improvements to my health that had come about across 3 months of this research: 30 lbs lost, a large reduction in BP, sleep apnea gone, and relief from long-standing knee inflammation. Her knowledge of peptides was limited, though she was familiar with GLP medications. As you'd expect from a health professional, she reacted with skepticism about my use of grey-market sources and advised caution. She wrote me a scrip for a comprehensive blood draw to be done once a couple of weeks had gone by. I spoke as well with my pharmacist (I can't speak for other jurisdictions, but in Quebec pharmacists play a wide-ranging part in the personal health care landscape), who had some awareness of peps but not much depth. He repeated the same cautions the doctor had raised, yet he also appeared curious about the topic. People new to peps have no idea how strong our sources of information and research actually are. In both of those conversations, I was keen to point them toward several of our go-to websites so they could become better informed. My thinking is that this will leave them better informed as an increasing number of their patients/clients come forward to disclose their own personal peptide research.
 
My regular doctor is a pretty laid-back guy, and he was actually up for writing me a wegovy script, but my insurance wouldn't pay for it. He keeps himself in good shape, so I figure he might be taking something himself to stay healthy. I'm planning to get a thorough blood panel done, so I may share a bit about what I'm up to with him. As for my V.A. doctor, he's a young jerk with the social skills of a 5 year old. I have zero trust in him. Since my last appointment I've dropped 25 lbs., and when I see him I'll say it's purely from diet and nothing more. Not even working out.
 
When it comes to my doctor, I say it's compound. I would never admit outright that it's grey, since regardless of his personal opinion, he'd have no choice but to document it in my medical record; and I don't want some insurance company paper pusher pointing to grey as the cause if I get sick, using it to reject a claim.
 
Back
Top