Do you tell your Dr you're on peps?

notfatanymore123

Explorer
Joined
Jun 21, 2026
Messages
39
Reaction score
0
Location
Washington state
I kept it from mine. If I had told her, she'd realize she never wrote me a rx for it. She'd see that I take chances, and she'd be warier about what she hands me down the line. Pain meds or benzos, for instance. Would she suspect I'd misuse them?

My own view is that grey peps carry less risk than morbid obesity.
 
notfatanymore123 said:

I kept it from mine. If I had told her, she'd realize she never wrote me a rx for it. She'd see that I take chances, and she'd be warier about what she hands me down the line. Pain meds or benzos, for instance. Would she suspect I'd misuse them?

My own view is that grey peps carry less risk than morbid obesity.
I let her know, since in case something goes wrong, I want a proper diagnosis. She's already written me a prescription for it, but my insurance won't pay because I don't have diabetes or any other condition—just sleep apnea, which isn't covered in Canada—even though I'm not dealing with morbid obesity. So she gets it, even if she doesn't agree.
 
I told him, and he wouldn't even talk about it, so I got rid of him. With the next doc, I intend to mention that I'm using "compounded tirzepatide" and nothing more (that much only since I'm still dropping weight, so she'll definitely spot it). Everything else I bring up will be purely need to know.
 
notfatanymore123 said:

I kept it from mine. If I had told her, she'd realize she never wrote me a rx for it. She'd see that I take chances, and she'd be warier about what she hands me down the line. Pain meds or benzos, for instance. Would she suspect I'd misuse them?

My own view is that grey peps carry less risk than morbid obesity.

For instance, when you're seeing multiple physicians?
 
Yeah, though there's a caveat: I'd previously been prescribed Mounjaro and Ozempic, but the cost pushed me out. I also let her know about every other drug I take. That kind of information matters for them to have.
 
I first went to my doctor to get put on enclo, and I haven't mentioned any grey to him. He did say something about how I've lost weight, but I never explained the method behind it—just that I'm counting calories and sticking to a steady gym schedule (both of which I actually do). I don't know how to bring it up. Either way, I get my bloods done every 4 months. Right now Reta is the only thing I'm taking, though I've been considering whether to add more to my stack protocol
 
When I requested a prescription for Tirz from my primary care physician, she mentioned that their practice offers Tirz on-site. I left with 4 pre-filled compounded Tirz syringes on the same list...
 
I'm only on Tirz, and yes, my doctor is aware. When he wanted to know how I'd obtained it, I just told him “online.” That was the end of his questioning, though he did attempt to get it covered by insurance for me. It got turned down 2 times, so. 🤷‍♀️
 
Yeah. My MD and I are friends. He uses tirz as well. When I began, I received a script plus a month of Mounjaro. What he will not and cannot talk about is reta. obviously since it's not released/fda approved. Bless him. He comes across as so far behind the times. But there are hundreds of old fuckers, like me, for him to deal with. His job is not one I would take.
 
Wednesday is my appointment. He had wanted to put me on Mounjaro, but my insurance refused to cover it, and I wasn't going to shell out that kind of money. Honestly, I'm sort of eager to let him know I'm using reta just to see how he responds lol. Since my previous visit, I've dropped close to 60 pounds, so that's a positive.
 
Once my insurance stopped covering it, I brought up compounded product with my doctor. Being an adoptee means I'm always seen as a high risk patient. My approach is to keep my PCP in the loop.

(Edited for punctuation)
 
At my most recent yearly checkup, I went into the patient portal and updated my prescriptions.

In the medication area, there were check boxes to pick either the brand Zepbound or generic tirzepatide, both at standard doses.

I selected the Zepbound box at a standard dose.

Nobody has ever asked me anything, though during the last visit the nurse called it tirzepatide, simply confirming I was still taking it.

Just routine business for them, nothing problematic or worrying. There has never been any need to mention grey.
 
Vriende said:

At my most recent yearly checkup, I went into the patient portal and updated my prescriptions.

In the medication area, there were check boxes to pick either the brand Zepbound or generic tirzepatide, both at standard doses.

I selected the Zepbound box at a standard dose.

Nobody has ever asked me anything, though during the last visit the nurse called it tirzepatide, simply confirming I was still taking it.

Just routine business for them, nothing problematic or worrying. There has never been any need to mention grey.
I'm fairly transparent with my physicians, so I'll let her know I'm continuing Triz, but there's nothing beneficial that could come from discussing grey...
 
Flash-BCR said:

When I requested a prescription for Tirz from my primary care physician, she mentioned that their practice offers Tirz on-site. I left with 4 pre-filled compounded Tirz syringes on the same list...
This is the 1st time I've come across something like that... Could you tell me about insurance coverage? What about out-of-pocket cost? How much is given per dose? What kind of insulin syringe is used? Are various dosage strengths available (for example: 2.5mg, 5mg, 7.5mg, etc)? ThanX
 
Absolutely not. I'm searching for a new PCP since I intend to fire the one I have now. For a while he's been pushing a statin on me, and on top of that, when I asked for a full bloodwork panel to check my hormones, he refused and claimed what I'm dealing with isn't hormonal (smdh).

I came across an online gyno who managed to order a full bloodwork panel for me, and naturally the results showed my hormones were out of whack. I plan to tell her at my next appt later this year.
 
When I showed up at the ER because my dentist's office found my blood pressure was high, the doctor there made it brutally obvious that my survival meant nothing to him. His exact words to me were that if things went badly I'd end up a vegetable and a burden on my wife. Right to my face he said that dying fast would actually be the lucky outcome, better than pulling through a heart attack or stroke and leaving my wife to suffer through having to unplug me.

From what I've dealt with, doctors in the US are not folks I'd ever want to cross paths with. They hung an IV on me, I sat around for 4hrs, and the bill came to $7k. FUCK US DOCS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
TacoLifter420 said:

My TRT doctor, yes — he was the one who got me started on tirzepatide in the first place. But he has no idea I'm using the Grey now.

My primary, no.
Identical situation on my end. One other thing—ask whether Enclomiphene is available as an alternative to standard TRT. I made the change roughly 12 months in, and I feel a lot better about it.
 
Back
Top