Do we tell friends and family about reta?

gimmeshelter

Explorer
Joined
Feb 22, 2026
Messages
162
Reaction score
0
Location
NC
I'm honestly interested in hearing where everyone stands on this. When someone you're close to—a friend or a relative—wants to know what's behind your physical change (the weight you dropped), how do you answer them? And if you do decide to talk about it, do you go as far as handing over every site, resource, vendor detail, and so on? That's quite a bit of information to pass along if the point is to describe your own journey and then demonstrate how they can get reta at a FAIR price.
 
I keep talking about GLPs and the telehealth service I came across. As for the rest, I stick to fight club rules. This stays my own private matter, and that's how it will remain.
 
peppystrings80 said:

I keep talking about GLPs and the telehealth service I came across. As for the rest, I stick to fight club rules. This stays my own private matter, and that's how it will remain.
That makes sense to me. My brother could really stand to drop 40lbs, and I'd like to fill him in—except that once his wife knows, my sister will too, and it just snowballs from there.

There is one buddy of mine here in town who I might loop in, though. Still weighing it.
 
I’ve kept quiet about it. I’m fine owning my own choices regarding what I put in my body, but I’m not willing to hand grey to relatives or close friends.
 
Abrakebabra said:

I’ve kept quiet about it. I’m fine owning my own choices regarding what I put in my body, but I’m not willing to hand grey to relatives or close friends.
If I choose to disclose to somebody, the only thing I'll do is point them toward communities such as this one and respond to their questions. Supplying or buying gray is something I would never do.
 
gimmeshelter said:

I'm honestly interested in hearing where everyone stands on this. When someone you're close to—a friend or a relative—wants to know what's behind your physical change (the weight you dropped), how do you answer them? And if you do decide to talk about it, do you go as far as handing over every site, resource, vendor detail, and so on? That's quite a bit of information to pass along if the point is to describe your own journey and then demonstrate how they can get reta at a FAIR price.
At first, it was just a few friends I was assisting with these peps. Now our circle has expanded to roughly 12 people, and it continues to grow as they bring in their own friends and family.
 
CNCCurrency said:

gimmeshelter said:

I'm honestly interested in hearing where everyone stands on this. When someone you're close to—a friend or a relative—wants to know what's behind your physical change (the weight you dropped), how do you answer them? And if you do decide to talk about it, do you go as far as handing over every site, resource, vendor detail, and so on? That's quite a bit of information to pass along if the point is to describe your own journey and then demonstrate how they can get reta at a FAIR price.
At first, it was just a few friends I was assisting with these peps. Now our circle has expanded to roughly 12 people, and it continues to grow as they bring in their own friends and family.
So when people reach out to you, do you pass along what you know? That's only going to keep expanding!
 
gimmeshelter said:

CNCCurrency said:

gimmeshelter said:

I'm honestly interested in hearing where everyone stands on this. When someone you're close to—a friend or a relative—wants to know what's behind your physical change (the weight you dropped), how do you answer them? And if you do decide to talk about it, do you go as far as handing over every site, resource, vendor detail, and so on? That's quite a bit of information to pass along if the point is to describe your own journey and then demonstrate how they can get reta at a FAIR price.
At first, it was just a few friends I was assisting with these peps. Now our circle has expanded to roughly 12 people, and it continues to grow as they bring in their own friends and family.
So when people reach out to you, do you pass along what you know? That's only going to keep expanding!
Indeed.
 
gimmeshelter said:

peppystrings80 said:

I keep talking about GLPs and the telehealth service I came across. As for the rest, I stick to fight club rules. This stays my own private matter, and that's how it will remain.
That makes sense to me. My brother could really stand to drop 40lbs, and I'd like to fill him in—except that once his wife knows, my sister will too, and it just snowballs from there.

There is one buddy of mine here in town who I might loop in, though. Still weighing it.
Oh, I completely understand where you're coming from!! Here's the approach I took with 1 person — someone I'm fairly certain has aged quite a bit since, and we simply avoid discussing it openly. I brought up GLPs with them, and told them my own experience of getting turned down by insurance and then using telehealth instead. After that, I mentioned that I'd come across a wonderful GLP1Chat online space where I could genuinely connect with folks who get it. Really, I just gave her a nudge in the right direction and she tracked it down on her own, I believe. That way I don't feel as though I was endorsing the purchase of grey market peptides — even though I use them myself, I could never be at ease suggesting them to someone else.
 
Only my eldest son is aware. Actually, he was the one who introduced me to it. His knowledge comes from the TRT he is on. If friends inquire, we say lower carb diet. Next week my daughter is visiting. She may ask questions. She runs marathons.
 
I've shared this with just 2 people, and they're both friends who already use gray market stuff too (1 takes BPC-157, the other takes oxandrolone).

With anyone else, the reaction would be pure panic. Most people barely understand this subject beyond scary news stories. When I dropped 160lb on keto 9 years back, they panicked then too, convinced heart disease was going to kill me.
 
A colleague of mine dropped a lot of weight, and it had been some time since we last crossed paths. I walked over and asked him, "So what's your weight loss secret?", and he looks at me and says, "Tirz, what's your's?". I said "Reta". He says, "Oh sh"*, I could have gone with that one!". 😂 After that we spent another 30 minutes discussing GLPs and peptides, and additional things surfaced, Mots-C, SS-31, 5-Amino. Hilarious. Fellow peppers are out there.
 
When the topic of my weight loss comes up, my answer is simply "Zepbound". That also goes for times when I'm around a group discussing glp-1s and someone makes a dumb remark about it being "cheating" — they tend to walk that back fast.

With the majority of people who inquire, I explain that a compound pharmacy is behind it. Should I pick up on genuine curiosity about giving it a try, I send them over here. As for the close family in my life who want in — my husband, mom, and daughter — I share part of my stash with them and walk them through how to use it.

I never make up a story about how the weight came off. Letting people who are still fighting to lose weight believe it was purely will power or some trendy diet strikes me as unfair.
 
Before I ever started digging into gray, I let my best friend in on my first reta order from a US seller. She was really stressing about putting on weight, so I steered her toward doing some research and gave her a link for the reta source I used. Honestly, though, I doubt she has any interest in going as deep into this as I have. She deals with MS, so my hope is that she's exploring those rabbit holes. If she comes to me with questions, I'll be there to help.

Lately I've begun looking into anything that might ease my Dad's various ailments, but peptides have never come up between us, and he has no idea I'm taking anything.
 
cheaperseeker said:

When the topic of my weight loss comes up, my answer is simply "Zepbound". That also goes for times when I'm around a group discussing glp-1s and someone makes a dumb remark about it being "cheating" — they tend to walk that back fast.

With the majority of people who inquire, I explain that a compound pharmacy is behind it. Should I pick up on genuine curiosity about giving it a try, I send them over here. As for the close family in my life who want in — my husband, mom, and daughter — I share part of my stash with them and walk them through how to use it.

I never make up a story about how the weight came off. Letting people who are still fighting to lose weight believe it was purely will power or some trendy diet strikes me as unfair.
I lost track of the fact that this thread was focused on reta in particular, though my answer would not change if I were taking that instead.
 
The wives of my friends found out. They began grumbling about how pricey their clinic was. After they revealed the amount they were being charged, I began purchasing kits on their behalf. It snowballed, and these days I coordinate a group purchase for my nearest friends and relatives. Sending 11k in BTC for the first few orders is nerve wracking. Losing my own funds is fine by me, but not my friends' money. Then came the peptide 101 that everyone required. They tip generously, aware they're getting their peptides at cost.

The South Park episode isn't far from reality.





b967edbc4ae6b6e0452cfbc52276c5997918e06017fd706600a8539db888797d.webp
 
Such1943 said:

The wives of my friends found out. They began grumbling about how pricey their clinic was. After they revealed the amount they were being charged, I began purchasing kits on their behalf. It snowballed, and these days I coordinate a group purchase for my nearest friends and relatives. Sending 11k in BTC for the first few orders is nerve wracking. Losing my own funds is fine by me, but not my friends' money. Then came the peptide 101 that everyone required. They tip generously, aware they're getting their peptides at cost.

The South Park episode isn't far from reality.





View attachment 11136
11k wow, either your circle of friends is really big or you've got some serious stacks running! Dang.
 
gimmeshelter said:

Such1943 said:

The wives of my friends found out. They began grumbling about how pricey their clinic was. After they revealed the amount they were being charged, I began purchasing kits on their behalf. It snowballed, and these days I coordinate a group purchase for my nearest friends and relatives. Sending 11k in BTC for the first few orders is nerve wracking. Losing my own funds is fine by me, but not my friends' money. Then came the peptide 101 that everyone required. They tip generously, aware they're getting their peptides at cost.

The South Park episode isn't far from reality.





View attachment 11136
11k wow, either your circle of friends is really big or you've got some serious stacks running! Dang.
Counting me, there are 9 people in the group. They've got cash and are still figuring things out, so they're testing every option out there. I'm supplying them kits at what they used to spend on a single vial, which makes it pretty much a clearance event.
 
Such1943 said:

gimmeshelter said:

Such1943 said:

The wives of my friends found out. They began grumbling about how pricey their clinic was. After they revealed the amount they were being charged, I began purchasing kits on their behalf. It snowballed, and these days I coordinate a group purchase for my nearest friends and relatives. Sending 11k in BTC for the first few orders is nerve wracking. Losing my own funds is fine by me, but not my friends' money. Then came the peptide 101 that everyone required. They tip generously, aware they're getting their peptides at cost.

The South Park episode isn't far from reality.





View attachment 11136
11k wow, either your circle of friends is really big or you've got some serious stacks running! Dang.
Counting me, there are 9 people in the group. They've got cash and are still figuring things out, so they're testing every option out there. I'm supplying them kits at what they used to spend on a single vial, which makes it pretty much a clearance event.
Haha, that's great!
 
Back
Top