Do Some Vendors Refuse Certain U.S. ZIP Ranges?

cjdilan

Explorer
Joined
Jan 27, 2026
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
Location
Puerto Rico
Is this happening to anyone besides me?

A vendor I use (I won’t say which) just told me they won’t deliver to a few ZIP code ranges, and these were the ones listed:

  • 00600–00999 (Puerto Rico)
  • 09000–09999 (APO/FPO military addresses)
  • 34000–34099 (U.S. Virgin Islands)
  • 96200–96699 (Pacific military / overseas territories)
  • 99500–99999 (Alaska)

It surprised me, since previous orders from them went through fine.

I’m wondering whether:

  • More vendors are beginning to apply this rule
  • Customs, shipping carriers, or risk policies are behind it
  • Or it just comes down to some suppliers being tougher about it

Has anyone else noticed this recently?
 
cjdilan said:

Is this happening to anyone besides me?

A vendor I use (I won’t say which) just told me they won’t deliver to a few ZIP code ranges, and these were the ones listed:

  • 00600–00999 (Puerto Rico)
  • 09000–09999 (APO/FPO military addresses)
  • 34000–34099 (U.S. Virgin Islands)
  • 96200–96699 (Pacific military / overseas territories)
  • 99500–99999 (Alaska)

It surprised me, since previous orders from them went through fine.

I’m wondering whether:

  • More vendors are beginning to apply this rule
  • Customs, shipping carriers, or risk policies are behind it
  • Or it just comes down to some suppliers being tougher about it

Has anyone else noticed this recently?
My guess is this has to do with risk policies, aimed at U.S. military personnel?
 
cjdilan said:

Is this happening to anyone besides me?

A vendor I use (I won’t say which) just told me they won’t deliver to a few ZIP code ranges, and these were the ones listed:

  • 00600–00999 (Puerto Rico)
  • 09000–09999 (APO/FPO military addresses)
  • 34000–34099 (U.S. Virgin Islands)
  • 96200–96699 (Pacific military / overseas territories)
  • 99500–99999 (Alaska)

It surprised me, since previous orders from them went through fine.

I’m wondering whether:

  • More vendors are beginning to apply this rule
  • Customs, shipping carriers, or risk policies are behind it
  • Or it just comes down to some suppliers being tougher about it

Has anyone else noticed this recently?
Could Guam end up on that list too?
 
This doesn't come as a shock to me at all. A number of businesses that deliver within the United States still won't serve certain parts of the country. As for Amazon, getting a package to PR can take an eternity.
 
HereKittyKitty said:

This doesn't come as a shock to me at all. A number of businesses that deliver within the United States still won't serve certain parts of the country. As for Amazon, getting a package to PR can take an eternity.

Honestly, it frustrates me a lot...
 
cjdilan said:

HereKittyKitty said:

This doesn't come as a shock to me at all. A number of businesses that deliver within the United States still won't serve certain parts of the country. As for Amazon, getting a package to PR can take an eternity.

Honestly, it frustrates me a lot...
Here, my brother-in-law sends packages our way, and then we forward them on to him.
 
HereKittyKitty said:

This doesn't come as a shock to me at all. A number of businesses that deliver within the United States still won't serve certain parts of the country. As for Amazon, getting a package to PR can take an eternity.

That thought crossed my mind too. Every one of these locations makes sense to me, though I would have expected Hawaii to appear as well. Typically, Hawaii also shows up among the places where certain US retailers refuse to deliver.
 
I hadn't picked up on that. You're right that shipping charges typically don't apply. Alaska and Hawaii end up getting the short end of the stick.
 
Back
Top