Do Reta and Tirz treat people the same way?

AngieHolmes said:

Speedy said:

My only experience is with the brand name, plus Tirz and Reta. Reta and Tirz hit me differently. The Tirz sides are obviously the same ones the brand name M brings.

Reta I simply couldn't tolerate. My blood pressure already runs low, and Reta pushed it down even lower until I felt awful.

Anyway. I'm hunting for that supposedly hilarious ghk-cu thread — somebody send a link my way if you have it.

And since I mostly lurk, I keep checking whether a few years here has moved me past newbie status.

—nope, still a newbie
Reta doesn't have a "brand name" on the market yet . . .
If Lilly is supplying you through the trials, or through their newly opened expanded access program, then Lilly counts as a brand name. As for the drug itself, it still doesn't have one.
 
unclebuff702 said:

woundcarping said:

Tirz and Reta give me next to nothing in the way of sides.... Sema, though, is its own animal.

My guess is you'd be fine on Reta, and moving over to Tirz ought to go smoothly. Going the opposite direction can get rough, though — it really depends on your response and how you manage the bridge.
That matches my experience.

Sema honestly had me convinced I was dying. As it turns out, the doctor who wrote the RX (a real MD, not some health spa lol) put me on 2.4mg from the start. Two years on, while researching alternatives, I learned that either a) that doctor wanted me dead, b) he was wildly ignorant or negligent, or 3) he figured I was fat enough to justify jumping straight to the end zone lol.

So yes, maybe I'm biased when I say sema hit different — but Tirz and Reta have given me almost nothing in the way of sides, and I'd sooner stick a fork into a live socket than revisit how my very first Sema dose felt.
No wonder you'd be wary of starting anything else, given how bad that must have been. Good thing it didn't scare you off trying anything at all 🙁
 
I've gotten so hung up on the new name that I can't focus on side effects at all.

AngieHolmes said:

Speedy said:

My only experience is with the brand name, plus Tirz and Reta. Reta and Tirz hit me differently. The Tirz sides are obviously the same ones the brand name M brings.

Reta I simply couldn't tolerate. My blood pressure already runs low, and Reta pushed it down even lower until I felt awful.

Anyway. I'm hunting for that supposedly hilarious ghk-cu thread — somebody send a link my way if you have it.

And since I mostly lurk, I keep checking whether a few years here has moved me past newbie status.

—nope, still a newbie
Reta doesn't have a "brand name" on the market yet . . .
I'm stuck — I simply cannot pick one.

If reta goes to market, would the name be Xyzolvify or Jentamub ? /lol
 
Just A Cat said:

I've gotten so hung up on the new name that I can't focus on side effects at all.

AngieHolmes said:

Speedy said:

My only experience is with the brand name, plus Tirz and Reta. Reta and Tirz hit me differently. The Tirz sides are obviously the same ones the brand name M brings.

Reta I simply couldn't tolerate. My blood pressure already runs low, and Reta pushed it down even lower until I felt awful.

Anyway. I'm hunting for that supposedly hilarious ghk-cu thread — somebody send a link my way if you have it.

And since I mostly lurk, I keep checking whether a few years here has moved me past newbie status.

—nope, still a newbie
Reta doesn't have a "brand name" on the market yet . . .
I'm stuck — I simply cannot pick one.

If reta goes to market, would the name be Xyzolvify or Jentamub ? /lol
Maybe a contest is how they'll do it! I've seen a few candidate names Lilly floated, but AFAIK nothing has been settled on yet . . .
 
Speedy said:

My only experience is with the brand name, plus Tirz and Reta. Reta and Tirz hit me differently. The Tirz sides are obviously the same ones the brand name M brings.

Reta I simply couldn't tolerate. My blood pressure already runs low, and Reta pushed it down even lower until I felt awful.

Anyway. I'm hunting for that supposedly hilarious ghk-cu thread — somebody send a link my way if you have it.

And since I mostly lurk, I keep checking whether a few years here has moved me past newbie status.

—nope, still a newbie
interesting - my BP already runs on the low side - something like 100-110/60. Would reta push it down further? I'd never heard of that happening
 
bamagirl26 said:

Speedy said:

My only experience is with the brand name, plus Tirz and Reta. Reta and Tirz hit me differently. The Tirz sides are obviously the same ones the brand name M brings.

Reta I simply couldn't tolerate. My blood pressure already runs low, and Reta pushed it down even lower until I felt awful.

Anyway. I'm hunting for that supposedly hilarious ghk-cu thread — somebody send a link my way if you have it.

And since I mostly lurk, I keep checking whether a few years here has moved me past newbie status.

—nope, still a newbie
interesting - my BP already runs on the low side - something like 100-110/60. Would reta push it down further? I'd never heard of that happening

Drugs in the GLP1 class, and losing weight in general, tend to bring blood pressure down.
 
woundcarping said:

bamagirl26 said:

Speedy said:

My only experience is with the brand name, plus Tirz and Reta. Reta and Tirz hit me differently. The Tirz sides are obviously the same ones the brand name M brings.

Reta I simply couldn't tolerate. My blood pressure already runs low, and Reta pushed it down even lower until I felt awful.

Anyway. I'm hunting for that supposedly hilarious ghk-cu thread — somebody send a link my way if you have it.

And since I mostly lurk, I keep checking whether a few years here has moved me past newbie status.

—nope, still a newbie
interesting - my BP already runs on the low side - something like 100-110/60. Would reta push it down further? I'd never heard of that happening

Drugs in the GLP1 class, and losing weight in general, tend to bring blood pressure down.
Thanks, I'll be watching it. My assumption was that the lower bp came from losing a significant amount of weight (which obviously comes from the medicine, but I hadn't realized the medicine alone could drop bp).
 
Flash-BCR said:


Oh man...another poster parachuting into the site from out of nowhere and lashing out...."find a community?"...the community already exists. I think your expectation is that this 'community' needs to change/bend to your vision...When I read the poster's post that you were responding to, it made a lot sense to me...

Only thing I got out of your post was, you should "take your own advice and quit coming off as arrogant and rude for no good reason"...

Click to expand...
They've joined the ignore list for me.
 
spanky2026 said:

A question has been nagging me about a pattern I keep encountering. I take it to be anecdotal, and I honestly can't tell how often it actually holds for real users:

A common report goes something like this: someone had zero side effects on (insert Tirz or Reta), and after adding or switching to (the other) they still had zero. Sure, everyone is different and all that — but I'd like to know whether a clean run on one is at least a semi-reliable signal for how the other will treat you?

bamagirl26 said:

Speedy said:

My only experience is with the brand name, plus Tirz and Reta. Reta and Tirz hit me differently. The Tirz sides are obviously the same ones the brand name M brings.

Reta I simply couldn't tolerate. My blood pressure already runs low, and Reta pushed it down even lower until I felt awful.

Anyway. I'm hunting for that supposedly hilarious ghk-cu thread — somebody send a link my way if you have it.

And since I mostly lurk, I keep checking whether a few years here has moved me past newbie status.

—nope, still a newbie
interesting - my BP already runs on the low side - something like 100-110/60. Would reta push it down further? I'd never heard of that happening
Same here -- though my BP usually runs low and it's cratered over the last few weeks, which is a real bummer. I'll hold off on reta this week and see whether that helps.
 
bamagirl26 said:

Speedy said:

My only experience is with the brand name, plus Tirz and Reta. Reta and Tirz hit me differently. The Tirz sides are obviously the same ones the brand name M brings.

Reta I simply couldn't tolerate. My blood pressure already runs low, and Reta pushed it down even lower until I felt awful.

Anyway. I'm hunting for that supposedly hilarious ghk-cu thread — somebody send a link my way if you have it.

And since I mostly lurk, I keep checking whether a few years here has moved me past newbie status.

—nope, still a newbie
interesting - my BP already runs on the low side - something like 100-110/60. Would reta push it down further? I'd never heard of that happening
With a BP like that, I'd keep clear of reta. My expectation is that it would bring on symptomatic hypotension — orthostatic hypotension at minimum. The pressure number itself probably won't fall much further, though, because your body will drive your heart rate up to compensate. What I'd expect instead is a big jump in heart rate.
 
SapphireGlitch60 said:

This has me curious too. Sema gave me zero sides, I maxed it out, then moved to a mid-dose of tirz with zero sides there as well. I've been on 15mg of tirz for 18mos and I really want to switch to reta to see if it can get me to goal (30 lbs still to go, 78 lost in total so far). New sides worry me a little, but what worries me more is the chance that I simply won't respond to it. Over 28 mos I lost 50 on sema and 28 on tirz, and while I know this is a slow game and I'm glad to play it, I don't want to slow it down any further than it already is!

I'm still working out how to handle the transition. My plan was to quit tirz cold turkey and start reta at 2mg, but I worry it won't take and I'll put a pile of weight back on.
Cold turkeying 15mg of tirz and jumping straight in at reta's starting dose is about the clunkiest route you could take. Expect it to feel roughly as effective as dropping to 2.5mg of tirz. Realistically you'd spend months at doses that leave you struggling and very likely putting weight back on, until you climb into the 9-12mg range — and even there, plenty of people making this move seem to keep struggling with how it feels, whether or not it does break their plateau.

I've never taken tirz myself, but the smoothest transitions I see are the ones where people titrate their tirz dose down gradually while raising their reta dose. Aim to hold the combined total at 100% of a full dose. That tends to be the least painful, least setback-prone way to handle it.
 
SapphireGlitch60 said:

This has me curious too. Sema gave me zero sides, I maxed it out, then moved to a mid-dose of tirz with zero sides there as well. I've been on 15mg of tirz for 18mos and I really want to switch to reta to see if it can get me to goal (30 lbs still to go, 78 lost in total so far). New sides worry me a little, but what worries me more is the chance that I simply won't respond to it. Over 28 mos I lost 50 on sema and 28 on tirz, and while I know this is a slow game and I'm glad to play it, I don't want to slow it down any further than it already is!

I'm still working out how to handle the transition. My plan was to quit tirz cold turkey and start reta at 2mg, but I worry it won't take and I'll put a pile of weight back on.

In under 14 weeks I moved from 5mg of Tirz up to 16mg of Reta with barely any adverse sides. I've been as high as 20mg/week. The bridge began on 1/10, and since then I'm down 73lb, 83lb overall. I've still got ~20lb left.

What I did was dose in many small increments, watching for sides on the way up. The reasoning for small doses is that if I overshoot my tolerance, I don't have a long wait for the sides to fade.

An older post of mine has the details:

woundcarping said:


Everyone has their own thoughts, here's my observations/experiences:

What was your Tirz dose?

I started Zep 12/12/25, I moved to compounded Tirz and was at 2.5mg 2x weekly until 1/10 when I moved to Reta. I took 7mg of Reta in total across 6 doses my first week. I've had 6 doses of Tirz since I started the bridge, totaling 14mg. I've had a total of 34 doses of Reta totaling 143mg. That averages 11.6mg/week with a chunk of that being getting my blood levels up using numerous small doses so I wouldn't overshoot and run into sides I had to wait out.

I moved to Reta for the GCGR signaling to boost BMR and presumptively spare lean mass better than Tirz.

GCGR signaling is dose dependent. Titrating Reta based on appetite/food noise is incorrect for reta, correct for Sema, Tirz, or Cagri. I titrated based on aversion to sides with the goal to get to or above 8mg/week levels for meaningful GCGR signaling.

I take Tirz PRN mainly to control food noise more so than hunger... my long term issue has been noise/brain side more than hunger/stomach side. I'll still take a bump if I expect the probability for trouble (like the 2.5mg dose in early March since I was traveling to either side of the country and back in 8 days).

Down 33lb since 1/10/25, 272lb to 239lb, practically all fat according to DEXA scans.

Had no meaningfully adverse sides.

Split dose, 2x weekly.

16mg/week with split dosing keeping my peaks only 15% higher than 12mg/once weekly (7mg 2x weekly has the same peaks).

RHR average hit a valley low of 58bpm on Tirz and is currently averaging 69-70bpm. This is inside my comfort level.

I don't expect 16mg to be magical over 12mg, but I do expect it to move my equilibrium point down ~10lb. That doesn't sound like much, but arguably that would be the hardest 10lb to lose. I chose to escalate my dose based on my sides and metrics including labs, fitness tracking, and sleep. I chose to do it now while I'm still resilient to the added stress vs later when systemic stress fatigue could be presenting.

Writing this post, I realized I failed to get labs on Lipase and Amylase to check my pancreas directly. My other labs suggest I'm doing fine, but gallstones/pancreatitis is my most likely hiccup. I'll get those labs drawn in the morning and report back if there's anything noteworthy.

Click to expand...
 
AngieHolmes said:

Speedy said:

My only experience is with the brand name, plus Tirz and Reta. Reta and Tirz hit me differently. The Tirz sides are obviously the same ones the brand name M brings.

Reta I simply couldn't tolerate. My blood pressure already runs low, and Reta pushed it down even lower until I felt awful.

Anyway. I'm hunting for that supposedly hilarious ghk-cu thread — somebody send a link my way if you have it.

And since I mostly lurk, I keep checking whether a few years here has moved me past newbie status.

—nope, still a newbie
Reta doesn't have a "brand name" on the market yet . . .
Tirz under the brand name., grey Tirz and grey Reta.

Sorry, I figured it was obvious what I meant, but apparently it had to be spelled out clearly.
 
bamagirl26 said:

Speedy said:

My only experience is with the brand name, plus Tirz and Reta. Reta and Tirz hit me differently. The Tirz sides are obviously the same ones the brand name M brings.

Reta I simply couldn't tolerate. My blood pressure already runs low, and Reta pushed it down even lower until I felt awful.

Anyway. I'm hunting for that supposedly hilarious ghk-cu thread — somebody send a link my way if you have it.

And since I mostly lurk, I keep checking whether a few years here has moved me past newbie status.

—nope, still a newbie
interesting - my BP already runs on the low side - something like 100-110/60. Would reta push it down further? I'd never heard of that happening
Normally mine sits at 90/60. On Reta it read 80/40 while I was feeling good. I never tested while I was symptomatic, so I don't know how low it actually went.

Still a newbie here. 15 min delay.
 
It came down to the comma sitting after name and before tirz and Reta. That made both of those read as one grouping, so the "brand name" referred to the pair. I'm not aiming to be pedantic — just clarifying where the confusion originated. This isn't the strongest example of it, but since we're dealing with injectable substances, clarity quite often matters. All's well

Speedy said:

AngieHolmes said:

Speedy said:

My only experience is with the brand name, plus Tirz and Reta. Reta and Tirz hit me differently. The Tirz sides are obviously the same ones the brand name M brings.

Reta I simply couldn't tolerate. My blood pressure already runs low, and Reta pushed it down even lower until I felt awful.

Anyway. I'm hunting for that supposedly hilarious ghk-cu thread — somebody send a link my way if you have it.

And since I mostly lurk, I keep checking whether a few years here has moved me past newbie status.

—nope, still a newbie
Reta doesn't have a "brand name" on the market yet . . .
Tirz under the brand name., grey Tirz and grey Reta.

Sorry, I figured it was obvious what I meant, but apparently it had to be spelled out clearly.
 
Elgordoboy said:

It came down to the comma sitting after name and before tirz and Reta. That made both of those read as one grouping, so the "brand name" referred to the pair. I'm not aiming to be pedantic — just clarifying where the confusion originated. This isn't the strongest example of it, but since we're dealing with injectable substances, clarity quite often matters. All's well

Speedy said:

AngieHolmes said:

Speedy said:

My only experience is with the brand name, plus Tirz and Reta. Reta and Tirz hit me differently. The Tirz sides are obviously the same ones the brand name M brings.

Reta I simply couldn't tolerate. My blood pressure already runs low, and Reta pushed it down even lower until I felt awful.

Anyway. I'm hunting for that supposedly hilarious ghk-cu thread — somebody send a link my way if you have it.

And since I mostly lurk, I keep checking whether a few years here has moved me past newbie status.

—nope, still a newbie
Reta doesn't have a "brand name" on the market yet . . .
Tirz under the brand name., grey Tirz and grey Reta.

Sorry, I figured it was obvious what I meant, but apparently it had to be spelled out clearly.
So the missing Oxford comma gets us again.
 
For me, Zepbound at 12.5mg was a wild ride. Any time I ate complex carbs — rice, pasta, bread — an impossibly powerful drowsiness would come over me.
 
woundcarping said:

bamagirl26 said:

Speedy said:

My only experience is with the brand name, plus Tirz and Reta. Reta and Tirz hit me differently. The Tirz sides are obviously the same ones the brand name M brings.

Reta I simply couldn't tolerate. My blood pressure already runs low, and Reta pushed it down even lower until I felt awful.

Anyway. I'm hunting for that supposedly hilarious ghk-cu thread — somebody send a link my way if you have it.

And since I mostly lurk, I keep checking whether a few years here has moved me past newbie status.

—nope, still a newbie
interesting - my BP already runs on the low side - something like 100-110/60. Would reta push it down further? I'd never heard of that happening

Drugs in the GLP1 class, and losing weight in general, tend to bring blood pressure down.
Yeah, and BP Meds for plenty of folks too!
 
Speedy said:

Elgordoboy said:

It came down to the comma sitting after name and before tirz and Reta. That made both of those read as one grouping, so the "brand name" referred to the pair. I'm not aiming to be pedantic — just clarifying where the confusion originated. This isn't the strongest example of it, but since we're dealing with injectable substances, clarity quite often matters. All's well

Speedy said:

AngieHolmes said:

Speedy said:

My only experience is with the brand name, plus Tirz and Reta. Reta and Tirz hit me differently. The Tirz sides are obviously the same ones the brand name M brings.

Reta I simply couldn't tolerate. My blood pressure already runs low, and Reta pushed it down even lower until I felt awful.

Anyway. I'm hunting for that supposedly hilarious ghk-cu thread — somebody send a link my way if you have it.

And since I mostly lurk, I keep checking whether a few years here has moved me past newbie status.

—nope, still a newbie
Reta doesn't have a "brand name" on the market yet . . .
Tirz under the brand name., grey Tirz and grey Reta.

Sorry, I figured it was obvious what I meant, but apparently it had to be spelled out clearly.
So the missing Oxford comma gets us again.
Hilarious! I hadn't twigged that you meant three separate substances. I assumed you'd simply thrown the comma in while describing only two. Yeah, the Oxford comma would've saved it. Good one
 
Speedy said:

AngieHolmes said:

Speedy said:

My only experience is with the brand name, plus Tirz and Reta. Reta and Tirz hit me differently. The Tirz sides are obviously the same ones the brand name M brings.

Reta I simply couldn't tolerate. My blood pressure already runs low, and Reta pushed it down even lower until I felt awful.

Anyway. I'm hunting for that supposedly hilarious ghk-cu thread — somebody send a link my way if you have it.

And since I mostly lurk, I keep checking whether a few years here has moved me past newbie status.

—nope, still a newbie
Reta doesn't have a "brand name" on the market yet . . .
Tirz under the brand name., grey Tirz and grey Reta.

Sorry, I figured it was obvious what I meant, but apparently it had to be spelled out clearly.
That'd be Zepbound, or Mounjaro, brand-wise
 
Back
Top