dancs said:
HouseCat said:
Hey everyone. A pharmacist told me that positively charged filters are able to strip endotoxins out of peptides, and I've come across that claim too. On the other hand, I've seen other research suggesting these same filters latch onto peptide molecules, which would leave the final product useless. What do you all think, and what have you run into with positively charged filters? Also, if anyone has studies on this, I'd appreciate a link. Apologies if this topic has come up already!
Yes — I went deep into this topic, since recently products from overseas wholesalers have been coming back with failed results for sterility and endos.
When it comes to sterility, filters can be used as a way to help reduce the issue.
Regarding endos, some filters do exist that are able to remove it entirely (or, at minimum, remove the majority of it), however the compound/peptide will be removed along with it. How much gets removed? No less than half, and as much as 90%.
For endos, I would not suggest purchasing those filters. Because the dose amount, the timing of the dose, which peptide is involved, and how the product is reconstituted all vary — and each of these can influence how severe a reaction is — most failed endo tests won't be sufficient to cause negative effects in your body.