Do GLOW/KLOW/Other Peptides Change How Botox or Filler Breaks Down?

domin8brix

Explorer
Joined
Apr 15, 2026
Messages
173
Reaction score
0
Location
Midwest
I've been looking into the GLOW/KLOW stacks, and a few studies suggest they speed up the breakdown of botox and certain fillers beyond the usual rate. For those who get botox and/or filler and have run either of these stacks or other peps, has that turned out to be true in your case?
 
I've been wondering whether this explains what's going on with me. At my past 2 botox visits, my dose was raised by 5 units each time, for a total of 10. That said, my injector raised the possibility that I'm simply developing immunity by now, which would mean moving on to dysport or daxxify. Regardless, it pushed me to give topical Snap-8 a shot, though I've used it for under a month so far. Once tomorrow's appointment is done, I'll try to come back with an update.
 
I haven't used fillers, and with tox I really haven't seen a change. Any effect would be minor, if it exists at all. From where I stand, GLOW's systemic benefits over time matter more than a slight speed-up in how quickly tox or filler breaks down.
 
MadisonB said:

I've been wondering whether this explains what's going on with me. At my past 2 botox visits, my dose was raised by 5 units each time, for a total of 10. That said, my injector raised the possibility that I'm simply developing immunity by now, which would mean moving on to dysport or daxxify. Regardless, it pushed me to give topical Snap-8 a shot, though I've used it for under a month so far. Once tomorrow's appointment is done, I'll try to come back with an update.
Prior to my weight loss, roughly 50 units did the job. Once the weight came off, getting that same result now takes around 150 units--which is brutal on my bank account. I've done dysport touchups (the 2-week adjustment kind) and they worked really well, particularly for the platysmal bands. My appointment this past March had to be cancelled since I was recovering at home from shoulder surgery and getting there on my own wasn't feasible, and I won't be back in until early May (I AM COUNTING THE DAYS!), which means it'll be about 6 months since my last injections. I also had filler placed to fix some volume loss, and I'm keeping an eye on that too, just to see whether Tirz or Reta have any effect on it, and SO FAR there's been no noticeable burnoff. This time around we're going to try dysport allover, something I've never done allover before, so my hope is that I won't run into a situation where I keep feeling like I need more and more. My injector told me it's a good idea to switch things up occasionally, and given how long my gap has been, this should be interesting. Typically I get a ton in my 11s, brow lift, crows feet, lip flip, masseters (omg the best thing ever if you grind) and platysmal bands, plus she put a couple units in my lower chin too.

I did actually ask about Daxxify, and she along with a few other nurse injectors all tried it out when it first became available but didn't offer it to patients because they wanted to see what their own results would be. According to her, everyone was underwhelmed--it didn't outlast botox and dysport, and if anything it added maybe a few extra weeks, so they aren't going to use it for patients. Since I normally go every 4 months-ish, it doesn't seem worth it to me. I follow a few other local plastics offices on insta that were the first locally to use it, and it looks like nearly all of them have stopped offering it unless a patient specifically requests that brand, because in their experience it doesn't last any longer than the other two brands.

cheaperseeker said:

I haven't used fillers, and with tox I really haven't seen a change. Any effect would be minor, if it exists at all. From where I stand, GLOW's systemic benefits over time matter more than a slight speed-up in how quickly tox or filler breaks down.
Thank you! I'll dig into this further. The tox costs me a damn fortune, so the last thing I want is to burn through it any faster.
 
domin8brix said:


Before I lost weight, I was fine with like 50 total units, after losing weight I need like 150 to get the same effect--which SUCKS for my wallet. I have had touchups with dysport (the 2 week adjustment type) that were great, especially in the platysmal bands. I had to cancel my appointment for this past March because I was home after shoulder surgery and couldn't get myself there easily, and won't be back in til early May (I AM COUNTING THE DAYS!) which puts me at about 6 months from my last injections. I had filler to correct some volume loss that I am paying attention to as well, just to see if Tirz or Reta affect that and SO FAR no noticeable burnoff. We are going to try dysport allover this time, which I've never done allover, so I am hoping I don't have issues where I feel like I need more and more. My injector mentioned that it's good to switch it up here and there, and since I have had a big gap, this should be interesting. I usually get a ton in my 11s, brow lift, crows feet, lip flip, masseters (omg this is the greatest thing ever if you grind) and platysmal bands, and she did a couple units in my lower chin as well.

I actually asked about Daxxify, and she and a few of the other nurse injectors all tested it out when it was made available but did not offer to patients because they wanted to see what their results were. She said everyone was underwhelmed, that it didn't last longer than botox and dysport, and if so it was maybe a few extra weeks, so they are not going to be using that for patients. I usually go every 4 months-ish, so it seems not worthwhile for me. I follow a few other local plastics offices on insta that were the first to use it locally and it seems like they have almost all stopped offering it unless someone specifically wants that brand, because they've found it doesn't last any longer than the other two brands.

Thank you! I will look more into this. I spend a damn fortune on the tox so I don't want to burn that off any faster.

Click to expand...
What I'd recommend is heading over to wannabebeautyguru. com and checking out a few of the tox clips. You can find much more affordable choices there.
 
cheaperseeker said:


My suggestion is to check out wannabebeautyguru. com and watch some of the tox videos. There are significantly cheaper options.

Click to expand...
After an awful experience with an injector who seriously damaged my face, I'm far too nervous to try it myself at home.
 
domin8brix said:


I've had a REALLY bad injector mess my face up so I am way too skittish about doing that at home.

Click to expand...
Exactly this!!! People might find it odd that I'm fine pinning gray with Reta, NAD+, SNAP, MOTS, KLOW and so on all day long, yet when it comes to injecting poison into my own face I draw a hard "oh hell no" line.
 
MadisonB said:


This!!! I know it is weird since I am injecting with gray all day with Reta, NAD+, SNAP, MOTS, KLOW etc. etc. but I have a hard "oh hell no" line on putting poison in my own face.

Click to expand...
A single unit placed incorrectly can be genuinely terrifying!
 
cheaperseeker said:

I haven't used fillers, and with tox I really haven't seen a change. Any effect would be minor, if it exists at all. From where I stand, GLOW's systemic benefits over time matter more than a slight speed-up in how quickly tox or filler breaks down.
Not on topic, but after reading that and then looking at your profile picture, I genuinely laughed out loud. 🤣
 
domin8brix said:


I actually asked about Daxxify, and she and a few of the other nurse injectors all tested it out when it was made available but did not offer to patients because they wanted to see what their results were. She said everyone was underwhelmed, that it didn't last longer than botox and dysport, and if so it was maybe a few extra weeks, so they are not going to be using that for patients.

Click to expand...
At my clinic I was among the people who tried Daxxify as a test subject (my injector had a few vials available to trial), and I really liked it — it stuck around much longer for me — but since it cost so much, the clinic chose to stop offering it going forward 🙁

Beyond that, based on my own experience: I get dysport on a regular basis, and I have not seen it break down any quicker than it normally would. My Klow use began in Feb, I had dysport 2 weeks after that, then in March I paused Klow for roughly 2 weeks during a holiday, and after being back on it for 3.5 weeks the tox is still going strong. My plan was a 12 week total Klow cycle, then move to GHK-CU/KPV for the off cycle.

I don't have filler, so I can't say anything about that.
 
RascalRaccoon said:


I was one of the guinea pigs for Daxxify at my clinic (my injector had a couple of vials to trial) and I loved it, it lasted way longer on me, but the clinic decided not to offer it going forward because it was so expensive 🙁

Aside from that my anecdotal experience is I regularly get dysport and I haven't noticed it metabolising any faster than usual. I originally started Klow in Feb, got dysport 2 weeks later, took a short break from Klow (about 2 weeks) in March while I was on holiday and have been back on it for 3.5 weeks and the tox is still holding strong. Was planning on doing a 12 week cycle total of Klow before switching to GHK-CU/KPV in the off cycle.

I don't have filler so can't comment on that.

Click to expand...
Thanks so much!
 
ThatNextGril said:

cheaperseeker said:

I haven't used fillers, and with tox I really haven't seen a change. Any effect would be minor, if it exists at all. From where I stand, GLOW's systemic benefits over time matter more than a slight speed-up in how quickly tox or filler breaks down.
Not on topic, but after reading that and then looking at your profile picture, I genuinely laughed out loud. 🤣
Right?! It's obvious how much the peptides and homemade beauty stuff are doing 😂😂
 
Back
Top