Ditching my Niimbot: experiments with printed labels

Gr33dyOctopus said:

Gr33dyOctopus said:

Alright! Right now my plan is to stick with a plain and uncluttered look while I get the hang of this, and I’m just about ready to run off my first sheet of labels.

Here’s the spartan design I’m working with at the moment — it leans heavily on what compounding labels already do, aiming for that professional look, where doing less counts for more.

Then there’s the qr code, which drops you straight onto the fat scientist’s front page, plus a peptide code and a version number for the label.

Is there anything else worth adding? With the Niimbot I used to print BUD dates, which is handy, but going forward with these I just want to keep it simple and simply peel the sticker off. This has me so busy that the Niimbot gets used nearly daily, or every second day. Probably ought to do all my vials in one go for a while, though making them one at a time as needed has been my habit, and that eats up a fair bit of time.

Anyway, feedback is what I’m after. The plan is to blow this up on a canvas, reduce it again to 40x20 so it stays crisp, then run off the first of my experimental labels sometime today.
Ah shoot, that was the wrong label version

How does this one look?

View attachment 298

Gr33dyOctopus said:

Alright! Right now my plan is to stick with a plain and uncluttered look while I get the hang of this, and I’m just about ready to run off my first sheet of labels.

Here’s the spartan design I’m working with at the moment — it leans heavily on what compounding labels already do, aiming for that professional look, where doing less counts for more.

Then there’s the qr code, which drops you straight onto the fat scientist’s front page, plus a peptide code and a version number for the label.

Is there anything else worth adding? With the Niimbot I used to print BUD dates, which is handy, but going forward with these I just want to keep it simple and simply peel the sticker off. This has me so busy that the Niimbot gets used nearly daily, or every second day. Probably ought to do all my vials in one go for a while, though making them one at a time as needed has been my habit, and that eats up a fair bit of time.

Anyway, feedback is what I’m after. The plan is to blow this up on a canvas, reduce it again to 40x20 so it stays crisp, then run off the first of my experimental labels sometime today.
those look great!! Other than it ought to say Rx only.. hahahaha. (obviously I am kidding. They are research chemicals, after all! ) that QR code is clever though
 
Gr33dyOctopus said:

Here we go!!!! No time left to keep working on it, but the original got blown up to a silly 6000x3000 pixel canvas, saved at the best quality available, then shrunk back down to a crisp 40*20 image, duplicated and saved as a hd cmyk pdf. It ought to drop straight into my Canva print and cut workspace. Should come out UHD, and it ought to print beautifully cleanly ( in theory! )

This is INSANE!!! Mastering this is absolutely going to happen, and I am tempted to print a first sheet right now, though nothing would be set up for cutting, so what is the point?! This whole project has eaten my entire week.

Just an FYI, once I have got these made and they turn out well, everything I have worked on — the printable PDFs — will get shared with you guys, so you can print professional labels easily too, although a cricut plus the skills to run it would be needed.... so maybe not?! lolol It keeps slipping my mind that working in recreation with fun but obscure tech is not everyone’s situation.

Anyhow, in a few minutes I am leading a seated cardio class, then two stretch and dumbell classes, after that comes 2 separate staff happy hours across two communities, busy Friday. Since getting on testosterone my mood has gone up into the clouds, my lifting weight has gone up, I am taking the goddamn stairs everywhere and I am fucking manic af, and it shows both here and in my day to day life. Regardless, I don’t give a fuuuuuuuuuuuck. Life’s good, catch you beautiful bitches later!!!

View attachment 301
Oh heck yes! Those turned out nicely. Tiny Avery labels are what I picked up, and I am going to try printing a sheet of them. We will find out!! First though I need to work out what is wrong with our printer, though there is a spare still in its box. Should they turn out fine, I will post them; if not, it is back to the drawing board and I will save myself the embarrassment.
 
Hard to beat plain Avery sheets paired with a colour laser. Every vial gets its label before it goes into storage, and once one is in use I jot down the recon date plus the {mg/mL} strength.
 
Gr33dyOctopus said:

Gr33dyOctopus said:

Alright! Right now my plan is to stick with a plain and uncluttered look while I get the hang of this, and I’m just about ready to run off my first sheet of labels.

Here’s the spartan design I’m working with at the moment — it leans heavily on what compounding labels already do, aiming for that professional look, where doing less counts for more.

Then there’s the qr code, which drops you straight onto the fat scientist’s front page, plus a peptide code and a version number for the label.

Is there anything else worth adding? With the Niimbot I used to print BUD dates, which is handy, but going forward with these I just want to keep it simple and simply peel the sticker off. This has me so busy that the Niimbot gets used nearly daily, or every second day. Probably ought to do all my vials in one go for a while, though making them one at a time as needed has been my habit, and that eats up a fair bit of time.

Anyway, feedback is what I’m after. The plan is to blow this up on a canvas, reduce it again to 40x20 so it stays crisp, then run off the first of my experimental labels sometime today.
Ah shoot, that was the wrong label version

How does this one look?

View attachment 298
Picked up a Niimbot D110 myself and the ideal label setup still eludes me. That said, your label had me saying WOW the moment I saw it, it looks fantastic. Which app are you drawing the artwork in? And on that note, is the plan to run sheets through the printer or go with roll stock? I have yet to come across a sheet size that matches.
 
Gr33dyOctopus said:

Gr33dyOctopus said:

Alright! Right now my plan is to stick with a plain and uncluttered look while I get the hang of this, and I’m just about ready to run off my first sheet of labels.

Here’s the spartan design I’m working with at the moment — it leans heavily on what compounding labels already do, aiming for that professional look, where doing less counts for more.

Then there’s the qr code, which drops you straight onto the fat scientist’s front page, plus a peptide code and a version number for the label.

Is there anything else worth adding? With the Niimbot I used to print BUD dates, which is handy, but going forward with these I just want to keep it simple and simply peel the sticker off. This has me so busy that the Niimbot gets used nearly daily, or every second day. Probably ought to do all my vials in one go for a while, though making them one at a time as needed has been my habit, and that eats up a fair bit of time.

Anyway, feedback is what I’m after. The plan is to blow this up on a canvas, reduce it again to 40x20 so it stays crisp, then run off the first of my experimental labels sometime today.
Ah shoot, that was the wrong label version

How does this one look?

View attachment 298
Where's the lot, then?
 
Gr33dyOctopus said:

Feels like the bottom right corner is missing something. I pulled the fatscientist name off the qr code, though scanning it still lands you right there. That applied to the second label; the first was only a concept, but the second is one I actually built.
The cephalopod! 😎
 
grandpa_is_healthier said:

OctoBro, could that QR not point people straight at the product COA somehow?
Sure thing, it is doable!! Only catch is the COA needs a web address of its own so something can point at it, and then a QR for it is trivially made.

Honestly the vendors ought to be on top of this already. I am pretty much finished with most of the sellers on this site, that stage passed a while back, and these days my orders go to established telegram group leaders.
 
PurpleSage said:

Gr33dyOctopus said:

Feels like the bottom right corner is missing something. I pulled the fatscientist name off the qr code, though scanning it still lands you right there. That applied to the second label; the first was only a concept, but the second is one I actually built.
The cephalopod! 😎
Same here! Nothing I came across suited the theme well enough, and hunting for it was not worth the hours!! Still, absolutely that!!!
 
Turbo-Farmer said:

Gr33dyOctopus said:

Gr33dyOctopus said:

Alright! Right now my plan is to stick with a plain and uncluttered look while I get the hang of this, and I’m just about ready to run off my first sheet of labels.

Here’s the spartan design I’m working with at the moment — it leans heavily on what compounding labels already do, aiming for that professional look, where doing less counts for more.

Then there’s the qr code, which drops you straight onto the fat scientist’s front page, plus a peptide code and a version number for the label.

Is there anything else worth adding? With the Niimbot I used to print BUD dates, which is handy, but going forward with these I just want to keep it simple and simply peel the sticker off. This has me so busy that the Niimbot gets used nearly daily, or every second day. Probably ought to do all my vials in one go for a while, though making them one at a time as needed has been my habit, and that eats up a fair bit of time.

Anyway, feedback is what I’m after. The plan is to blow this up on a canvas, reduce it again to 40x20 so it stays crisp, then run off the first of my experimental labels sometime today.
Ah shoot, that was the wrong label version

How does this one look?

View attachment 298
Where's the lot, then?
Unlikely, not unless a purchase runs to 5 or 10 kits of t or r in one go. That is what I did lately, though every one of them sits in an open gb.
 
Back
Top